Bellerin

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellerin

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:54 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
Mase wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:wouldnt swap with Denayer

A straight swap? You actually wouldn't swap him for Denayer?!

nope, mate.
I concede it s a borderline opinion, but i m convinced Denayer has much more potential to be nurtured upon Pep.
also agree with general point made by nottsblue: key issues are others, starting from a world class pairs of CB, or at least one (Bonucci, since option a has failed) to be lined with the "fingers crossed on" Vinnie resurrection.

Why exactly?

I think his overall potential is wider than Bellerin's, whose only superior feature being a bursting pace (which I'm aware will
always be highly considered by English fans, with Mase above them all).

on the contrary, our lad, also thanks to training undertaken while at JMG Academy, features a better touch and ball
distribution, I think also higher confidence at using the opposite foot, a comprehensive vision of tactical developements on the whole defensive dept., is more flexible and apt to defensive swaps from flank to center roles, and is deffo better at heading high balls.

I concede the above outlook is more on potential, while Bellerin is more of a developed article as it stands, but that's what
Pep is about, why we all are buzzed about the future to come with him, and generally, why I always stand for real managers instead of politically correct entertainers or kinderheim's directors.
imho at least.

p.s.: i hate this smartphones shite. makes my texting harder and drop my intellectual confidence!..... ;-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby bigblue » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:16 pm

We have a ton of CBs but a lack of quality fullbacks.

Sagna looks reborn, but he's 32. Clichy is a solid option, but has faded a bit over the years (like Zabba, some very good performances and some not so good).

Kola can fuck off after this - https://streamable.com/peg0 - hope he never plays for us again.

Bellerin for Denayer would be good for us.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:31 pm

bigblue wrote:We have a ton of CBs but a lack of quality fullbacks.

Sagna looks reborn, but he's 32. Clichy is a solid option, but has faded a bit over the years (like Zabba, some very good performances and some not so good).

Kola can fuck off after this - https://streamable.com/peg0 - hope he never plays for us again.

Bellerin for Denayer would be good for us.

hope not to apppear confrontational, but Pep seems to disagree, given the 2 main targets set were/are laporte and bonucci.

dont want to diminish the point on overaged FBs, tho, but if we have to, I'd rather much have that Hammers' lad we already talked about. who's also a homegrown, as a bonus

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby phips » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:13 pm

just wanted to chime in on this and say im so happy we didnt get him. Walker is far better. Bellerin is a speed merchant and thats it. every time ive seen him this season he is shanking crosses or not defending that well

sure, maybe Pep couldve changed it into something else and improved him but id much rather have Walker.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Agreed. I was well up for Bellerin in the summer. Thought he was class - he may well be in a decent team.

But the lads got no fight whatsoever and is more interested in his image.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum