Tosin Adarabioyo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Tosin Adarabioyo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:45 am

john@staustell wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Tony P wrote:The worry is that he'll be loaned off somewhere and his place will be taken by a forty-million pound player ala Denayer.

If that's the same Denayer I watched in the euros, then he's fucking shite. Absolute crap. Won't get near our first team.

Cheers

And against Real last summer. Couldn't agree more.

There is no "worry", no plot. If Tosin is thought to be good enough he will play for us

Will he? We tried to move Mangala on last summer and couldn't as he refused, as a result we loaned Denayer out instead.

What does that tell you? It suggests to me that Denayer was considered good enough if we were willing to move on a £30-40 million player to make space for him but we couldn't because Manga dug his heels in so the easiest solution was to send the kid back out on loan. Will the same happen again in similar circumstances? I hope not.

As for Tosin, a very good showing, done his prospects no harm at all with that performance.

The Mangala thing is only a rumour.

Denayer simply isn't up it it mate, sorry.

No it isn't only a rumour, there's quotes from Mangala himself saying that he was asked to go on loan to Valencia, I'm sure I showed you these quotes before.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Tony P wrote:The worry is that he'll be loaned off somewhere and his place will be taken by a forty-million pound player ala Denayer.

If that's the same Denayer I watched in the euros, then he's fucking shite. Absolute crap. Won't get near our first team.

Cheers

And against Real last summer. Couldn't agree more.

There is no "worry", no plot. If Tosin is thought to be good enough he will play for us

Will he? We tried to move Mangala on last summer and couldn't as he refused, as a result we loaned Denayer out instead.

What does that tell you? It suggests to me that Denayer was considered good enough if we were willing to move on a £30-40 million player to make space for him but we couldn't because Manga dug his heels in so the easiest solution was to send the kid back out on loan. Will the same happen again in similar circumstances? I hope not.

As for Tosin, a very good showing, done his prospects no harm at all with that performance.

Lemme see... So you believe that our club wanted Denayer in the squad but loaned him because Mangala "dug his heels in" and refused a transfer so they were forced to play him?

Interesting.

Unrelated, are you 12 years old?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:03 pm

No, I'm saying that it was considered an option to keep Denayer and loan Mangala out until Mangala refused the loan deal hence Denayer is rated by the club.

You're asking me if I'm 12 and you're the one judging Denayer on one game in the Euros, you absolute fucking gobshite.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:06 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:No, I'm saying that it was considered an option to keep Denayer and loan Mangala out until Mangala refused the loan deal hence Denayer is rated by the club.

You're asking me if I'm 12 and you're the one judging Denayer on one game in the Euros, you absolute fucking gobshite.

I'd be more worried about the fact he's asking people if they're 12 over the internet.....

Unrelated, Adam Johnson has just been mentioned in another thread.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby aaron bond » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Slim wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Yep, think this guy is going to get a few starts this season.

Not if we buy Stones and Bonucci. We should definitely have 1 of our 4 defenders as an academy player but never seem willing to give someone the chance.

With Kompany, Mangala and Otamendi already here, doesn't leave much room for an academy player, even if we only buy Stones OR Bonucci.

In an ideal world though we don't buy Stones and Otamendi is sold.

I am not sure this would work, but as Otter is very comfortable on the ball, having him as a defensive midfielder might not be a bad shout. Problem is he can't dive in, he shouldn't be doing that as a centrehalf anyway, but stop him from doing that and I think he'd do a decent job.

I still can't understand how a professional defender can make it to the Premier League when his default move is to dive in. It's one of the first things you are taught as a kid.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:16 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Slim wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Yep, think this guy is going to get a few starts this season.

Not if we buy Stones and Bonucci. We should definitely have 1 of our 4 defenders as an academy player but never seem willing to give someone the chance.

With Kompany, Mangala and Otamendi already here, doesn't leave much room for an academy player, even if we only buy Stones OR Bonucci.

I am not sure this would work, but as Otter is very comfortable on the ball, having him as a defensive midfielder might not be a bad shout. Problem is he can't dive in, he shouldn't be doing that as a centrehalf anyway, but stop him from doing that and I think he'd do a decent job.

I still can't understand how a professional defender can make it to the Premier League when his default move is to dive in. It's one of the first things you are taught as a kid.

Kompany?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:24 pm

john@staustell wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Slim wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Kompany?

Zabaleta?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Garrido?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:13 pm

Savic?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:15 pm

I hope the other young CB, Cameron Humphreys, gets a run out against United and/or Dortmund. Add in Reece Oxford and/or John Stones, both of which we are rumoured to be after and we'd have a potentially solid future England CB pairing.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:49 pm

I think Adarabioyo is not going to be in the first team just yet unless he really impresses.

When Pep mentioned young players who did well after the Bayern game, he was not on the list. Barker's reference came across as possibly more of a P.R. move to appease the local City fan base given that he didn't seem to do quite as well as the others, unless he also senses that Brandon needs encouragement.

Stones is likely coming and I have my doubts we are selling Denayer just yet, who is more senior, but still young enough to develop, and has done more to deserve a chance over the past two seasons.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:01 pm

PrezIke wrote:I think Adarabioyo is not going to be in the first team just yet unless he really impresses.

When Pep mentioned young players who did well after the Bayern game, he was not on the list. Barker's reference came across as possibly more of a P.R. move to appease the local City fan base given that he didn't seem to do quite as well as the others, unless he also senses that Brandon needs encouragement.

Stones is likely coming and I have my doubts we are selling Denayer just yet, who is more senior, but still young enough to develop, and has done more to deserve a chance over the past two seasons.

Denayer is more senior than Stones?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I think Adarabioyo is not going to be in the first team just yet unless he really impresses.

Hah, No. Than Tosin, of course.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:43 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:

Hah, No. Than Tosin, of course.

Ahh I see! I was wondering for a sec then! Haha
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:14 pm

Had one horrific pass that should have cost us a goal at the start and one other notable one early on, as I recall, but settled in quite nicely against Dortmund with a highly "composed" performance (That was the word Tyler used to describe him...shocking, I know), including his pen. Only other player to play the full 90 was Fernandinho, which is quite interesting to note.

We are surely signing Stones, despite moaning from some of our fans, but I have a feeling Pep might keep him around as possibly the 4th defender.

Mangala has to be off now, and wonder if Denayer will be as well with Tosin's emergence. Has many of the attributes Pep likes, as well as pretty quick with length which helps him able to make some important blocks.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Hasn't he got long legs!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:12 pm

I don't usually don't post about this after two friendlies, but this kid looks amazing. Solid as fuck and elegant. It reminds me of Paddy Vieira, he looks like a deer, thin, elegant, perfect composure.

I am very impressed, but I saw him look good with 3 on the back, not with our usual 4. It would be interesting to see that too.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Spurge » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:20 pm

PeterParker wrote:I don't usually don't post about this after two friendlies, but this kid looks amazing. Solid as fuck and elegant. It reminds me of Paddy Vieira, he looks like a deer, thin, elegant, perfect composure.

I am very impressed, but I saw him look good with 3 on the back, not with our usual 4. It would be interesting to see that too.

Agree wholeheartedly. To think all those ex pros in the media said those kids involved in the defeat at chelski in the FA cup would have gone backwards in their development.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum