WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:27 pm

In the Company of a rag and his son who filled in at Footy, last night the son shot the dad down big time, I was greeted with, I see you have wasted another 30 mill on a nobody! Son, Dad are you mental, every club wanted him he is amazing. Neymar begged him to go to Barca after the Olympics and he signed for them. Dad they had a decent kid up front Gabriel he was class player. Son That's him dad,,,,,,, wait for it,,,, Dad FFS. I Love Thursday night five a side the rags are just comedy gold.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:20 pm

trained for the first time today. assuming he will do so again tomorrow.
that means 2 days of training prior to the FA cup match.

im under the impression that both clubs won't be playing their best 11s at this stage of the competition, especially given the busy fixture pile up that just happened, which means that Jesus could come off the bench for 15 mins or so and just get a run out vs some premier league players and start building up that synergy with the squad.

or, we could end up chasing the match and a brief "Jesus experiment" isn't likely.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Spurge » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:21 pm

phips wrote:trained for the first time today. assuming he will do so again tomorrow.

im under the impression that both clubs won't be playing their best 11s at this stage of the competition, especially given the busy fixture pile up that just happened, which means that Jesus could come off the bench for 15 mins or so and just get a run out vs some premier league players and start building up that synergy with the squad.

or, we could end up chasing the match and a brief "Jesus experiment" isn't likely.

Apparently issues with his registration means he will miss the west ham game. Issues described as bureaucratic according to city watch. Also means club can't sell any merchandise directly linked to the player until registration completed.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:38 pm

Hazy2 wrote:In the Company of a rag and his son who filled in at Footy, last night the son shot the dad down big time, I was greeted with, I see you have wasted another 30 mill on a nobody! Son, Dad are you mental, every club wanted him he is amazing. Neymar begged him to go to Barca after the Olympics and he signed for them. Dad they had a decent kid up front Gabriel he was class player. Son That's him dad,,,,,,, wait for it,,,, Dad FFS. I Love Thursday night five a side the rags are just comedy gold.

Chortle.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:03 pm

Spurge wrote:
phips wrote:trained for the first time today. assuming he will do so again tomorrow.

Apparently issues with his registration means he will miss the west ham game. Issues described as bureaucratic according to city watch. Also means club can't sell any merchandise directly linked to the player until registration completed.

Interesting, but is this actually enforceable ??

I'm no lawyer and I'll cheerfully defer to anyone with greater knowledge than myself, but could this be construed as a form of restraint of trade. After all, he now is legally our player and I'm sure we could get around any such putative restrictions, in some way or another.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:11 pm

Spurge wrote:

amazing considering we signed him in the summer
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Spurge » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Spurge wrote:

Indeed. Don't know the intricacies but it's quite possible somebody somewhere has dropped a bollock
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Spurge wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Spurge wrote:

Indeed. Don't know the intricacies but it's quite possible somebody somewhere has dropped a bollock

I wonder if we were to go ahead and market any merchandise, in the accompanying advertising we could state that these goods were being sold 'pre registration' and, accordingly, all such funds received would be paid into a holding account until the player was finally registered and, only then, would these funds be transferred to the credit of Manchester City's Revenue account.

Would this be sufficient to outflank any putative restrictions ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby branny » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:29 am

He's been here two days and the Fail is shit stirring already. Apparently he's struggling with the English weather. They arrived at this conclusion after he posted a snowflake emoji on one of his social media accounts. Journalism of the highest order.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:31 am

branny wrote:He's been here two days and the Fail is shit stirring already. Apparently he's struggling with the English weather. They arrived at this conclusion after he posted a snowflake emoji on one of his social media accounts. Journalism of the highest order.

The Fail have already written Friday's game as well.

They are also preparing for a month without Fernandinho after the central midfielder had his appeal for wrongful dismissal thrown out by the FA.
Fernandinho was sent off for the third time in seven matches on Monday for a lunge at Burnley’s Johann Berg Gudmundsson.
The four-match suspension means he will not feature again until February 5 against Swansea City at the Etihad Stadium.
The Brazilian international must sit out Friday's FA Cup third-round tie and three Premier League games.

According to the Fail we're not getting through to the next round of the FA Cup, otherwise Fern would be missing the third round tie, two premier league matches and the 4th round.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:44 am

Slim wrote:
branny wrote:He's been here two days and the Fail is shit stirring already. Apparently he's struggling with the English weather. They arrived at this conclusion after he posted a snowflake emoji on one of his social media accounts. Journalism of the highest order.

They are also preparing for a month without Fernandinho after the central midfielder had his appeal for wrongful dismissal thrown out by the FA.
Fernandinho was sent off for the third time in seven matches on Monday for a lunge at Burnley’s Johann Berg Gudmundsson.
The four-match suspension means he will not feature again until February 5 against Swansea City at the Etihad Stadium.
The Brazilian international must sit out Friday's FA Cup third-round tie and three Premier League games.

According to the Fail we're not getting through to the next round of the FA Cup, otherwise Fern would be missing the third round tie, two premier league matches and the 4th round.

It's not the Times mate, more like the Beano
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:57 am

john@staustell wrote:
Slim wrote:

It's not the Times mate, more like the Beano

I debate their ability to tell time or spell Beano.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:18 am

Super hyped for him to get here. Almost reminds me if a Robinhoinho, but with a much much lower key transfer and profile. And besides the obvious qualities, his decisions making and tenacity look great. Pep is the best to work with this type of a player, so we're in for some great play. excuse the terrible music, but his talents is incredible

Watch on youtube.com
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:31 am

im well aware that injuries, suspensions, rotation, and fatigue all limit a club from putting out their "best xi" a lot of the time.
however, in a hypothetical situation, if City were to be lucky enough to have a full, healthy squad for a big match--FA cup final let's say--with no fixture congestion looming would you think Jesus would make the starting xi?

obviously its pretty much impossible to know right now since he's never played for City and has barely even practiced with the squad. still though, seems like lots of threads like discussing hypotheticals and/or looking to the future....

felt like Pep's preferred best lineup (excluding defenders and keeper since Jesus won't play either) was:

Aguero
Silva Sterling
Ilkay Kevin
Fern 1

even with Yaya's recent resurgence i dont think he'd supplant any of the above. just seems like its aligned with Ilkay's injury perfectly--luckily.

Kevin seems undroppable in this hypothetical situation, as does Fern 1. probably the same for Silva too. that leaves Ilkay, Sterling, or Aguero dropping for Jesus. if Ilkay drops then Silva could move further back allowing Jesus to fit on the wing. Pep has recently said something like he will play Jesus on the wing or that he knows his best position is the wing or something like that. all of that would lead me to believe that either Ilkay or Sterling drops. that is a hard choice since Ilkay was apparently #1 on Pep's wishlist this past summer. it's a hard choice; thats why stuff like this is fun.

i think Sterling would be dropped in favor of Jesus in a hypothetical, perfect situation match.
then again, Jesus could not fit at City and be a bust. or not be as good as people think. or anything else that would land him on the bench in this hypothetical. eager to find out.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Justified logic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:41 am

It's a nice problem to have.

Imagine being able to bring on either Jesus or Sterling, or both, off the bench against a tired defence in the final of the CL.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:19 am

Justified logic wrote:It's a nice problem to have.

Imagine being able to bring on either Jesus or Sterling, or both, off the bench against a tired defence in the final of the CL.

...............for Navas!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Justified logic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:32 am

john@staustell wrote:
Justified logic wrote:It's a nice problem to have.

...............for Navas!

Sane?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby branny » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:42 am

Seems to have a lot of composure for someone so young. Looks a very exciting prospect. Can't wait to see him play.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Crossie » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:07 am

Looks great, I'm slightly worried if he tries some of the flashy stuff against Shawcross, Huff etc he's going to get a clattering. Then we'll see how he seals with it. Plenty of skilful players haven't handled the Orem because of the physicality and in comparison to Europe, refs who like to play advantage or just decide you've not been man enough about a foul you received.

I love the way he beats and man and cuts inside from the wing. Can't wait to see him link with Kev and Dave
Last edited by Crossie on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Slim » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:12 am

I believe Pep is looking to redesign our attack with Sane, Jesus, Moreno and Zinchenko being the mainstays.

The likes of Silva, Navas and Toure being the wrong side of 30 and Aguero possibly leaving after the next WC, I believe he's planning for the next decade.

I wonder if Jesus will get much time this season and whether a loan might be on the cards, despite our excitement over his arrival, he might need a little European football under his belt before we place our entire season's success on his shoulders.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum