WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Postby Tony P » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:49 pm

There's only room in my heart for one Jesus, so you know...
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:49 pm

All complaining he is not coming now....

This allows us to not feel as much pressure to sell Bony this window. When Prem clubs are struggling for goals in December and worried about staying in the league or getting into Europe(a) we can sell him easier, as now some clubs are naively thinking things will be fine. When the pressure starts to mount on managers and clubs we will be in a better selling position. We can give Bony some games under a better manager to see if he can show what he has, and he does have something to prove, doesn't he? He's only what 27?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sheblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:52 pm

Dont know much about him other than those you tube videos, he looks really good and apparently is highly sought after. This Pep lad has some influence in attracting players, would we have landed this lad and Sane (maybe a few others) if pep was still at Bayern or elsewhere?
We haven't kicked a ball in anger yet, but so far its been a dream start to his tenure for me, 10/10 for the pep lad so far.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:55 pm

PrezIke wrote:All complaining he is not coming now....

This allows us to not feel as much pressure to sell Bony this window. When Prem clubs are struggling for goals in December and worried about staying in the league or getting into Europe(a) we can sell him easier, as now some clubs are naively thinking things will be fine. When the pressure starts to mount on managers and clubs we will be in a better selling position. We can give Bony some games under a better manager to see if he can show what he has, and he does have something to prove, doesn't he? He's only what 27?

We currently have 20 non homegrown players, max allowed is 17, if you add Zinchenko and Jesus to that then it's 22, 5 over the max allowed. We have to get rid of 5 before Sept. 1st, either loaned or sold, I'd be shocked if Bony isn't one of them.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Holy fuck ! he isn't with us until January ? what the fuck is all that about if he is our player now ???

Weird as fuck deal ! Classy young striker though . Is his mum called Mary by anychance ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:02 pm

We wouldn't have him 'now' anyway - he is playing at the Olympics - at least this way he is doing it on another club's time and not ours.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:08 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

We currently have 20 non homegrown players, max allowed is 17, if you add Zinchenko and Jesus to that then it's 22, 5 over the max allowed. We have to get rid of 5 before Sept. 1st, either loaned or sold, I'd be shocked if Bony isn't one of them.

Jesus does not have to be added until January, so that's 21, and Zinchenko I suspect will be loaned out so until then so 3 need to go...or we will use that as leverage to move certain ones.

Kolarov, Navas, Bony do seem to fit the bill, but we might benefit from a 3rd striker, and then there's Mangala who seems more needed to go due to too many centre halves, especially assuming we sign Stones. Zaba, maybe, but sounds like he might stay.

Good news is we have some time to get someone to take these players. I'm just saying Bony is not past it yet, two years ago was very good, may have had some bad fortune, so his value is more likely to go up with more game time than the others who are either old, wanted by another club (Navas/Sevilla) or have really shown no consistency (Mangala) in the Premier League.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Dameerto wrote:We wouldn't have him 'now' anyway - he is playing at the Olympics - at least this way he is doing it on another club's time and not ours.

Mental scenario but heyho Yaya used to fuck off every winter to ACON . Hope young Jesus doesn't get injured from now until January or we will look super planks !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:13 pm

City64 wrote:Holy fuck ! he isn't with us until January ? what the fuck is all that about if he is our player now ???

Weird as fuck deal ! Classy young striker though . Is his mum called Mary by anychance ?

PrezIke wrote:He wanted to stay to win the league and probably get a chance to be the top Brazilian goal scorer this season. Plus that also opened his club to sell now, which was how we also snuck in past our rivals.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:19 pm

PrezIke wrote:
City64 wrote:Holy fuck ! he isn't with us until January ? what the fuck is all that about if he is our player now ???

PrezIke wrote:He wanted to stay to win the league and probably get a chance to be the top Brazilian goal scorer this season. Plus that also opened his club to sell now, which was how we also snuck in past our rivals.

Fuck Palmeiras ! we have just spent £27 million on him so he is ours , like I said weird as fuck but heyho .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:22 pm

bigblue wrote:This means we've gotten Gundogan, Sane, Nolito, Zinchenko, and Gabriel Jesus for less than what Pogba would cost!

you'd be hard pressed to imagine why the Spafia didn't want to lay it out for Pogba when you do that math. It's just obvious to anyone that doesn't need a glamour signing to prop up their ailing "brand."

Forza El Spafia, as i...always...say.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 pm

If he really does become the next Neymar he'll be worth 100 million in two or three years. No guarantees of course but the top clubs seemed to be after him so he's obviously incredibly promising. The post Aguero generation of City forwards taking shape. Not sure where all this leaves Sterling. Sane, Jesus, Moreno, Zinchenko and Roberts.....
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Bluedj » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:08 pm

To be fair to Pony, he ran more in the Dortmund game than he did all last season
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:29 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:January. Great

By which time Kelechi will be eligible for the CL b list and Jesus can take his spot in the a list.

This was going to be my question.
Nice work
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:35 pm

Assume no work permit issues considering he hasn't yet played for Brazil?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:37 pm

nottsblue wrote:Assume no work permit issues considering he hasn't yet played for Brazil?

We have until January to figure that out. By which time he'll have played for Brazil in the olympics and probably finish top scorer in the brasilero
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Good to read from a Palmeiras fans:

I'm Palmeiras brazilian fan (although in England I love Arsenal, sorry) and I got tell you guys, you're getting not just a great player but also one of the most well-headed players in Brazil since... I don't know, Socrates?

He's not like all the other prospects that come through in Brazil, he's got a supportive family, always had the luck to train with coaches that were patient with his development and didn't allowed him to get burned before even showed his potential. So, off the pitch he's awesome and won't be getting attention from tabloids.

BUT he's a beast in the pitch and won't take shit home. He'll talk back to defenders and give everything for his club. I'm so sad he's leaving Palmeiras, but also happy that he's gonna train with Guardiola (also, thank god he's not going to United and be coached by that cunt).

He's still a bit hit and miss with scoring his chances, but I'm sure he'll improve that with age and by being coached by Guardiola. Anything you wanna know about him, feel free to ask :)

Sorry if my english is not perfect.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Now i am not a religion Buff at all. We already got Jesus Navaz , so is this the Second Coming that all our Fans of the Jewish faith are waiting for?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:07 pm

Watch on youtube.com
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:20 pm

Two things -- Brazilian season ends in Dec and he needs to get a work permit.

cheers

[Edited for you by someone who isn't an author]
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum