WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:21 pm

City64 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
City64 wrote:Holy fuck ! he isn't with us until January ? what the fuck is all that about if he is our player now ???

Weird as fuck deal ! Classy young striker though . Is his mum called Mary by anychance ?

PrezIke wrote:He wanted to stay to win the league and probably get a chance to be the top Brazilian goal scorer this season. Plus that also opened his club to sell now, which was how we also snuck in past our rivals.

Fuck Palmeiras ! we have just spent £27 million on him so he is ours , like I said weird as fuck but heyho .

He may have not come to us if this wasn't allowed and part of it sounds like his decision. To me I respect his reasons to want to finish the season. He is the star player, and can win the league there and add top goal scorer to his record. He is from Brazil so surely that means something to him. Tells me he is ambitious, which is a good thing for his development.

We will be fine without him and will then only strengthen in January.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
City64 wrote:Holy fuck ! he isn't with us until January ? what the fuck is all that about if he is our player now ???

Weird as fuck deal ! Classy young striker though . Is his mum called Mary by anychance ?

two things -- brazilian season ends in Dec and he needs to get a work permit.

cheers

Brazil for fucks sake!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Here's what the fuss is about. Fuck me. One flick over a defender's head on the run I s breathtakingly good. The only problem will be a work permit. I think there is an exceptional talent loophole and he certainly qualifies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqemskft0ag
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:48 pm

bigblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Assume no work permit issues considering he hasn't yet played for Brazil?

We have until January to figure that out. By which time he'll have played for Brazil in the olympics and probably finish top scorer in the brasilero

I didn't mention that before as to impacting why he may not be joining now because he has yet to play for Brazil, and he has to play 25 or 35% of games in the last two seasons to automatically qualify for a top 6 FIFA ranked team or something.

However, because so many top clubs were interested in him, the amount of money we paid for him, stories of him being "The new Neymar" we could use that to help with the appeal process.

I suspect we will have no problem getting him a work permit.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:52 pm

bigblue wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

two things -- brasilian season ends in Dec and he needs to get a work permit.

cheers

Brazil for fucks sake!

I know! If someone writes Italia, España or Deutschland, for example, on here my head is going to explode and possibly kill those next to me. I don't want to be responsible for killing anyone so please stop using foreign languages!!

Bastardized English counts too, I know.

I'll keep in line. No worries, mates.

I like the idea the French had allowing only a certain % of foreign music on their radio stations to protect the language.

But maybe that means us Yanks are only limited to say 10% Bastard American English per 100 posts or something. That could be a rule too.

***preparing for onslaught and loss of respect for such tongue in cheek remarks***

Peace!
Last edited by PrezIke on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:56 pm

blues2win wrote:Here's what the fuss is about. Fuck me. One flick over a defender's head on the run I s breathtakingly good. The only problem will be a work permit. I think there is an exceptional talent loophole and he certainly qualifies.

Some player ain't he
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Here's what the fuss is about. Fuck me. One flick over a defender's head on the run I s breathtakingly good. The only problem will be a work permit. I think there is an exceptional talent loophole and he certainly qualifies.

Some player ain't he

And he's tough as nails, as far as I have seen. He will adapt well to the league. This is no Robinho we're talking about.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:10 pm

Exactly. He's tough to knock off the ball to add to the rest of the package.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:21 pm

PrezIke wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Some player ain't he

And he's tough as nails, as far as I have seen. He will adapt well to the league. This is no Robinho we're talking about.

To be fair to Robinho he was our top scorer in his first season and imo was class - see the goal against Arsenal. Unfortunately for him he was tasked with carrying people like Jo and Ireland (who he made look genuinely class) and if he was put in this City team it would be a different story.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:27 pm

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Some player ain't he

To be fair to Robinho he was our top scorer in his first season and imo was class - see the goal against Arsenal. Unfortunately for him he was tasked with carrying people like Jo and Ireland (who he made look genuinely class) and if he was put in this City team it would be a different story.

Robinho was either the wrong player at the right time or more likely the right player at the wrong time. Imagine him instead of Navas or Sterling last year
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:46 pm

We've just signed Brazil's most promising player. Wow.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:We've just signed Brazil's most promising player. Wow.

sweet. jesus.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:57 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:My Lord, the second coming!

Exciting prospect.

With the second coming of Jesus.....I think we should have a World Party. I have to have 'God on my side', now.
Watch on youtube.com

Good song
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:29 am

good article on him here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ier-league

The anti-Wilshere:

Also influential in Gabriel Jesus’s development were São Paulo’s notoriously tough amateur leagues, known as the várzea. “They go into tackles to break your leg,” he recalled. But he was not fazed. “Sometimes I’d play as many as three or four matches a day: I couldn’t get enough of it,” he told Fifa’s website. “It’d get to the point when my muscles would cramp up. It’s football. I can’t put my mind to anything else. I’m not interested in hanging out or partying. For me, it’s all about the pitch: training, playing. Even when I go home it’s football the whole time. I think I’m obsessed.”

I see a bit of Aguero in him as well and as an NBA fan, he reminds me of what Russell Westbrook is like in that sport. Incredibly quick, and talented, but very intense and strong for someone of his size. I am also glad they mentioned his heading because most of the highlight videos don't really show that, and I observed this in what I saw of him play:

It is just as easy to see why he has ended up at City. There are few outstanding centre-forwards in the world and though Sergio Agüero is one, Gabriel Jesus is as similar in style as any substitute or successor could possibly be. He is superb at finding space, both inside the penalty area – he scores a lot of headers for someone who is 5ft 9in – and in behind defences, able to finish calmly and confidently with either foot.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:50 pm

PrezIke wrote:good article on him here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ier-league

The anti-Wilshere:

Also influential in Gabriel Jesus’s development were São Paulo’s notoriously tough amateur leagues, known as the várzea. “They go into tackles to break your leg,” he recalled. But he was not fazed. “Sometimes I’d play as many as three or four matches a day: I couldn’t get enough of it,” he told Fifa’s website. “It’d get to the point when my muscles would cramp up. It’s football. I can’t put my mind to anything else. I’m not interested in hanging out or partying. For me, it’s all about the pitch: training, playing. Even when I go home it’s football the whole time. I think I’m obsessed.”

I see a bit of Aguero in him as well and as an NBA fan, he reminds me of what Russell Westbrook is like in that sport. Incredibly quick, and talented, but very intense and strong for someone of his size. I am also glad they mentioned his heading because most of the highlight videos don't really show that, and I observed this in what I saw of him play:

It is just as easy to see why he has ended up at City. There are few outstanding centre-forwards in the world and though Sergio Agüero is one, Gabriel Jesus is as similar in style as any substitute or successor could possibly be. He is superb at finding space, both inside the penalty area – he scores a lot of headers for someone who is 5ft 9in – and in behind defences, able to finish calmly and confidently with either foot.

Thanks for posting that PI, it's an interesting read.

I particularly liked the snippet about him, in his early days, playing barefoot on concrete pitches.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby bigblue » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Back in the day Brazilians used to grow up playing barefoot with coconuts on cobblestone. This generations spoiled by comparison!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:26 pm

bigblue wrote:Back in the day Brazilians used to grow up playing barefoot with coconuts on cobblestone. This generations spoiled by comparison!

Clint Eastwood calls them the P***y Generation.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bluedj » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:58 pm

In the starting line up for Brazil Vs S Africa in the Olympics tonight. On the Beeb 8pm BST
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:28 pm

Bluedj wrote:In the starting line up for Brazil Vs S Africa in the Olympics tonight. On the Beeb 8pm BST

Not on my Beeb mate, what am I missing?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:29 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Bluedj wrote:In the starting line up for Brazil Vs S Africa in the Olympics tonight. On the Beeb 8pm BST

Not on my Beeb mate, what am I missing?

The start time maybe?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum