WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Postby dazby » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:37 am

I'm glad he chose the long term option. It shuts up the Kun speculation and gives Nacho man another sniff. I still have very high hopes for the Nacho man and think he's going to be very important for us.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby bigblue » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:47 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Am I alone in thinking modern football boots have a lot to answer for?

No. Theyre far too thin

Agree 100%, they fold over way too easy
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:35 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:PS I wonder if Nolito, playing as a central striker, might be featured in more games from now on ??

I'd been thinking the same thing.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Spurge » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:33 am

Dameerto wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:PS I wonder if Nolito, playing as a central striker, might be featured in more games from now on ??

Read somewhere that pep has told him to work harder in training if he wants to be considered for a first team start.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:02 am

Spurge wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Read somewhere that pep has told him to work harder in training if he wants to be considered for a first team start.

Crikey.

On that basis, if Nacho also has somehow become 'persona non grata' in Pep's eyes , from now until the end of the season, we might see the re-appearance of the false No.9 in certain games.............unless Fernandhino (or anyone else ??) can display further versatility by filling in at centre forward !!???

All in all, it's a problematic situation for us.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby mr_nool » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:04 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Spurge wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Crikey.

On that basis, if Nacho also has somehow become 'persona non grata' in Pep's eyes , from now until the end of the season, we might see the re-appearance of the false No.9 in certain games.............unless Fernandhino (or anyone else ??) can display further versatility by filling in at centre forward !!???

Fernandinho, the new James Milner.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:09 am

mr_nool wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Spurge wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Crikey.

Fernandinho, the new James Milner.

Phew; that does seem a contradiction of terms :o :o

Hope this doesn't mean he'll be transferring to the Dippers (to play at full back ??). :?
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:58 am

dazby wrote:I'm glad he chose the long term option. It shuts up the Kun speculation and gives Nacho man another sniff. I still have very high hopes for the Nacho man and think he's going to be very important for us.

Not a chance with Iheaneacho , Pep given him loads of chances and game time , the kid scores goals but his overall play doesn't suit Peps style and he hasn't listened or adapted to Peps/ our style , Pep is frustrated to fuck with him do keep up !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:04 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:The "Jesus Thread" has gone up in smoke .

God help us !
Interesting he opted for the knife and doubled his recovery period - Pep no doubt had a say in the decision.

Gab to good to take a chance on JC, absolute dynamite player we have all been waiting for and so young and strong , Proper bummer he is injured just as we have momentum and options but CL apart we have a fairly easy month game wise so hopefully he will be back in time for dippers , arse and chavs ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:17 pm

Jesus is a quick healer.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby fangsanalsatan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:24 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Fernandinho, the new James Milner.

Phew; that does seem a contradiction of terms :o :o

Hope this doesn't mean he'll be transferring to the Dippers (to play at full back ??). :?

Never forget.

fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby bigblue » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:06 pm

Boring James did have plenty of chances to play in the middle, but he was never good enough to displace Yaya, Silva, or anyone else we had in the position. Not enough creativity or cutting edge. Solid work ethic and can strike the ball well, so he was useful out wide where he doesn't have to think too much about the rest of the game. Like a bland, hardworking Kolarov. And it seems Klopp has come to the exact same conclusion
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Bluedj » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:39 pm

City64 wrote:
dazby wrote:I'm glad he chose the long term option. It shuts up the Kun speculation and gives Nacho man another sniff. I still have very high hopes for the Nacho man and think he's going to be very important for us.

Not a chance with Iheaneacho , Pep given him loads of chances and game time , the kid scores goals but his overall play doesn't suit Peps style and he hasn't listened or adapted to Peps/ our style , Pep is frustrated to fuck with him do keep up !

I think Ian will score more goals as both Leroy & Raheem are putting more quality balls into the 6 yard box right now. I think he'll thrive
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:40 pm

bigblue wrote:Boring James did have plenty of chances to play in the middle, but he was never good enough to displace Yaya, Silva, or anyone else we had in the position. Not enough creativity or cutting edge. Solid work ethic and can strike the ball well, so he was useful out wide where he doesn't have to think too much about the rest of the game. Like a bland, hardworking Kolarov. And it seems Klopp has come to the exact same conclusion

This utter turd of a player tried to pull the wool over many City fans....in fact , he did so to many on this site.

Not me though , I said he was a little lying cunt with an agenda to move for free and claim a huge signing on fee......the yorkie cunt knew exactly what he doing.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Bluedj wrote:
City64 wrote:

I think Ian will score more goals as both Leroy & Raheem are putting more quality balls into the 6 yard box right now. I think he'll thrive

His positional play is piss poor and he keeps drifting offside . Word is Pep has given him time out to improve this and adjust , we will see whether he gets another chance in the next few weeks ? no ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:02 pm

City64 wrote:

You'll have seen him as much as I have. He doesn't 'want it' enough. Nowhere near enough. I don't understand it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
City64 wrote:

You'll have seen him as much as I have. He doesn't 'want it' enough. Nowhere near enough. I don't understand it.

I think he wants it alright pal but not coping with what is wanted of him has set him back .Square pegs and round holes and all that .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:34 am

Hazy2 wrote:Jesus is a quick healer.

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:07 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Jesus is a quick healer.

big soft baby, plaster of paris on it and get a boot one size too big , he could start on saturday.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby patrickblue » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:19 am

CTID Hants wrote:Woodbine is a filtrrless cigarette, or was, stopped being sold in early 80's when anyone foolish to smoke them had died of lung cancer

They did filter tipped Woodbines as well, we used to buy them singly from the local dodgy shopkeeper when I was a lad in the 70's.
This was in Aldershot, so you should remember that if you're old enough.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum