WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Postby ruralblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Done!!!!!

Welcome to City young man may you score...

Fucking shit loads!!!!!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Re: WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:07 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:09 pm

Bout fuckin time

Praise the lord
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:09 pm

From OS...

CITY SIGN GABRIEL JESUS Manchester City are delighted to announce the signing of Gabriel Jesus from Palmeiras
Gabriel Jesus is recognised as one of South America’s most exciting talents and he was named “best newcomer” in the 2015 Serie A Campeonato.

The 19-year old has signed for Manchester City FC despite strong interest from some of the biggest clubs in the world. He will join the team in January 2017, with a contract that runs until the end of the 2020/21 season. He will remain at Palmeiras until December 2016.

Jesus said: "Manchester City is one of the best clubs in the world so I'm really pleased to sign.

"We have many great talents in the team and a fantastic manager in Pep Guardiola that I can learn so much from.

"I'm looking forward to showing the City fans what I can do and I think we'll have a great future together!"

City Director of Football Txiki Begiristain said: "We are delighted that Gabriel has chosen to join us. He is one of the most exciting young prospects in world football and plays the game in a spectacular way. We look forward to him making a big impact at Manchester City in January."

Jesus is a versatile forward who can play anywhere across the front three – he possesses a low centre of gravity, an explosive turn of pace and fleet tricky feet making him a master of one-on-one situations as well as perfectly cast in the mould of the quintessential Brazilian striker.

Kicking off his amateur career at Associação Atlética Anhanguera six years ago, Gabriel went on to join Palmeiras in 2013 where he made a name for himself with a phenomenal 54 goals in 48 matches at youth level.

Unsurprisingly, a senior call-up wasn’t far away with Gabriel appearing for the first time on 7 March 2015 in the Campeonato Paulista, coming on in the 73rd minute of a 1–0 win over CA Bragantino at Allianz Parque.

His first professional goal soon followed away to Agremiação Sportiva Arapiraquense on 15 July 2015, the only goal of the two-legged tie.

Since, Jesus has netted 26 goals in 67 first team games for Palmeiras, his goalscoring ratio improving with each passing month of his fledgling career.

Gabriel has represented the Seleção at u20 and u23 level, scoring eight goals in ten games at international youth level. He is currently preparing for the summer Olympics on home soil where, together with Neymar, it’s hoped he will fire the team to the only major honour missing from Brazil’s collection.

Legendary striker Ronaldo is a fan, declaring: “I am betting on two great talents that are still developing but already show a lot of skill: Santos’ Gabigol and Palmeiras’ Gabriel Jesus. And they haven’t even turned 20 yet.”

City reportedly beat off competition from some of the continent’s biggest clubs to land his signature and so supporters will be eagerly awaiting his touchdown in Manchester in January.

One thing is for sure… City fans will now be keeping an especially close eye on Brazil’s progress in Rio this summer.

Jesus becomes City’s sixth signing of summer 2016, joining Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, Nolito, Oleksandr Zinchenko, and Aaron Mooy at the club.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:10 pm

From the official site: The 19-year old has signed for Manchester City FC despite strong interest from some of the biggest clubs in the world. He will join the team in January 2017, with a contract that runs until the end of the 2020/21 season. He will remain at Palmeiras until December 2016.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:10 pm

Fucking awesome. In one year we've gone from having a slightly aging team, to having probably the most exciting young talent in the world. The next 5 years are looking spectacular.

Praise be to Jesus!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:12 pm

January. Great
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby blues-clues » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:14 pm

john@staustell wrote:January. Great

We have to wait until after Christmas for Jesus and you are surprised?
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Yup, world class signing. Fantastic!

Watch on youtube.com

And only 19 years old...
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:19 pm

This means we've gotten Gundogan, Sane, Nolito, Zinchenko, and Gabriel Jesus for less than what Pogba would cost!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:20 pm

By which time Kelechi will be eligible for the CL b list and Jesus can take his spot in the a list.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:30 pm

My Lord, the second coming!

Exciting prospect.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:37 pm

We should have him now not jan. Some clubs will keep there eye on him now to see what he can do
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Super hyped about this signing. We have made some real potential coup signings this summer.

Gundogan, Sane and Jesus.

I think our fans will like him based on what I see. He has a bit of Balo in him with his passion from the game videos I watched. Tough, hard working, brave, gets his head on the ball, but incredibly gifted with the ball and can finish. Can't wait until he joins in January!

Bony is toast (maybe not until January though)

Praise tha lawd!!!
Last edited by PrezIke on Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:42 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:We should have him now not jan. Some clubs will keep there eye on him now to see what he can do

Umm...huh? We have him already, why would he go elsewhere? He wanted to play under Pep, who convinced him, and wanted to stay to probably have a chance at the Brazilian league title and perhaps top goal scorer.

I respect that actually, and shows his ambition. Gives us time to move Bony as well.
Last edited by PrezIke on Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:43 pm

I would not loan him out. Keep him near like we did with Ian

What does he actually play? His best position?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:44 pm

PeterParker wrote:I would not loan him out. Keep him near like we did with Ian

What does he actually play? His best position?

Striker or on the wing. He's a better finisher from what I've seen than Sane and gets his head on the ball, so more likely centre forward.

He wanted to stay to win the league and probably get a chance to be the top Brazilian goal scorer this season. Plus that also opened his club to sell now, which was how we also snuck in past our rivals.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Long term successor to Kun?

Be a nice Xmas present having him rock up just in time for League Cup semi final
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:My Lord, the second coming!

Exciting prospect.

With the second coming of Jesus.....I think we should have a World Party. I have to have 'God on my side', now.
Watch on youtube.com
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:48 pm

PrezIke wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:We should have him now not jan. Some clubs will keep there eye on him now to see what he can do

Umm...huh? We have him already, why would he go elsewhere? He wanted to play under Pep, who convinced him, and wanted to stay to probably have a chance at the Brazilian league title and perhaps top goal scorer.

I think he means other prem teams will know what he's about by the time he comes in January....

Personally I don't see it as a problem myself, looking at the videos and comments of THE Ronaldo
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum