***Pep's City v Sunderland ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Pep's City v Sunderland ***

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:19 pm

Despite a few cock ups, I thought the defence, and the wide men, showed signs of getting in tune with Pep's thinking. Aguero, KDB and Silva seemed a bit off the pace and not totally on the same page. It was fun to see the full-backs moving all over the place and creating the room for the wingers. I thought Kola was decent apart from the early howler, and Stones did very well considering he can hardly have trained with the players let alone learnt the system. I expect it will take at least two months for things really to gel and in the meantime we will continue to see up and down performances. I can live with that, so long as we start to make a few more chances.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:20 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:In the Deansgate having a couple of pints before train home .

AV IT !

Good man ;-)

Just a note to those who may have to listen to TalkSport for the game. Just back in the UK, I was still sorting TV/internet out right up until the game started and had to put the radio on to get the first 10. Obviousky had to go with what they said and their word was that the first goal was against the run of play and very lucky to have been given. My thoughts, after watching catch-up, was completely different.

Am I wrong?

It's hard to say it was against the run of play after only 4 minutes of the game! Both teams looked lively early on. I haven't seen a replay of the peno but it was right in front of me. I didn't doubt for a moment it would be given and I didn't notice any real protests.

It just seemed very childish and very much as if it wasn't in their script.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

AV IT !

Good man ;-)

Just a note to those who may have to listen to TalkSport for the game. Just back in the UK, I was still sorting TV/internet out right up until the game started and had to put the radio on to get the first 10. Obviousky had to go with what they said and their word was that the first goal was against the run of play and very lucky to have been given. My thoughts, after watching catch-up, was completely different.

Am I wrong?

It's hard to say it was against the run of play after only 4 minutes of the game! Both teams looked lively early on. I haven't seen a replay of the peno but it was right in front of me. I didn't doubt for a moment it would be given and I didn't notice any real protests.

We dominated the whole game , Sunderland standard 2 banks of 4 all behind the ball broke out once and scored . Pep will have learnt loads from today , our passing and movement was sublime but we need to shoot more often from 20 yards or so into the top corners when teams come here and set up like this .Great result and 3 pts , very exciting times ahead !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby City64 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:12 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

AV IT !

How many scoops today and is it Stella?

Mahou and Guisness , done a dozen easy ....... head is banging standard ! GREAT DAY !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:31 pm

Get in! Three points (just finished watching my recording.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:35 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

AV IT !

Good man ;-)

Am I wrong?

We dominated the whole game , Sunderland standard 2 banks of 4 all behind the ball broke out once and scored . Pep will have learnt loads from today , our passing and movement was sublime but we need to shoot more often from 20 yards or so into the top corners when teams come here and set up like this .Great result and 3 pts , very exciting times ahead !

Cheers buddy. We did shoot from distance but it was very muddled. We need a a proper mix up from our property players.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sidSmith » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:14 pm

Just watching highlights now and that pass Ian didn't make for Delph is pretty bad. I know he's young, but I'm sure he'll get a bollocking for not keeping it simple for the good of the team.

Good to see gollum hasn't changed and is a whinging twat still as well.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:30 pm

sidSmith wrote:Just watching highlights now and that pass Ian didn't make for Delph is pretty bad. I know he's young, but I'm sure he'll get a bollocking for not keeping it simple for the good of the team.

Good to see gollum hasn't changed and is a whinging twat still as well.

I was yelling "whinge whinge whinge" at the TV while he was speaking.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:06 pm

I am very pleased of the posiives I saw in today 1st league game, mid august, new manager, new system, post Euro summer.

1) ATTITUDE: think everyone have sensed a different desire, team spirit/ethics, even some grit, I'd dare to say. So many times we have seen them dropping points in similar occasion, while today's reaction to the unfortunate occurence of the equalizer (and relavant collective defensive lapse) was there for the taking, along with the feeling that it's only matter of time to score the winner
2) RAHEEM: I think the main task Pep's worked on him has been a mind job: a sensible difference on his confidence and awareness was, imo, clear. also, he is already taking benefit from Pep's more direct passing game, along with few drills to the team aimed to trigger his strenght on the bursting run.
3) A SOLID STONES: ok, it was just Sunderland parking the bus, but he has coped well with the tricky threat always posed by Defoe, also confirming the talent and vision on moving the ball. All despite the tricky partnership Pep's challenged him with!
4) RESULT: these are games with all to lose and of that kind which we usually tended to drop point.

Last, but not least, let me first shown myself a yellow card for the moan (which I always patronize against, as You know), but:

PLEASE, PEP, Kolarov at CB, ARE YOU KIDDING ME BOSS???
You scared the hell out of me, and I really wish it was JUST a demanding, quite harsh, challenge for rookie Stones...
Plenty of non coronary risk options, even taking enjured Vinnie and ironfeet Otamendi out of the equation: 1) Tosin. 2) Sagna 3) Fern1 4) Fern2 playing Gundogan at DM in the 4-1-4-1

Please, Pep, please: dont do it again,ffs!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby sidSmith » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:16 pm

Swales4ever wrote:I am very pleased of the posiives I saw in today 1st league game, mid august, new manager, new system, post Euro summer.

1) ATTITUDE: think everyone have sensed a different desire, team spirit/ethics, even some grit, I'd dare to say. So many times we have seen them dropping points in similar occasion, while today's reaction to the unfortunate occurence of the equalizer (and relavant collective defensive lapse) was there for the taking, along with the feeling that it's only matter of time to score the winner
2) RAHEEM: I think the main task Pep's worked on him has been a mind job: a sensible difference on his confidence and awareness was, imo, clear. also, he is already taking benefit from Pep's more direct passing game, along with few drills to the team aimed to trigger his strenght on the bursting run.
3) A SOLID STONES: ok, it was just Sunderland parking the bus, but he has coped well with the tricky threat always posed by Defoe, also confirming the talent and vision on moving the ball. All despite the tricky partnership Pep's challenged him with!
4) RESULT: these are games with all to lose and of that kind which we usually tended to drop point.

Last, but not least, let me first shown myself a yellow card for the moan (which I always patronize against, as You know), but:

PLEASE, PEP, Kolarov at CB, ARE YOU KIDDING ME BOSS???
You scared the hell out of me, and I really wish it was JUST a demanding, quite harsh, challenge for rookie Stones...
Plenty of non coronary risk options, even taking enjured Vinnie and ironfeet Otamendi out of the equation: 1) Tosin. 2) Sagna 3) Fern1 4) Fern2 playing Gundogan at DM in the 4-1-4-1

Please, Pep, please: dont do it again,ffs!

Did you actually watch the match?
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:47 pm

cant someone kindly give me a sole reason why I shouldnt, or even better I mustn't, be confrontational to the sicknote above, pls?

I mean, a part from the fact that i quite struggle to type on keybord with a broken wrist...

Smith, I tell ya, more dire need of a blowjob...

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sidSmith » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:04 am

Swales4ever wrote:cant someone kindly give me a sole reason why I shouldnt, or even better I mustn't, be confrontational to the sicknote above, pls?

I mean, a part from the fact that i quite struggle to type on keybord with a broken wrist...

Be as controversial as you like, not sure I'll understand it though.

It's weird that all the comments you make could have been made before the game. We all hoped for a change in attitude, that Stones can play the ball out from the back and that under Pep's wing Sterling may blossom. And your criticism of Kolarov is something we all thought when we saw the team sheet before the game, but the reality of that decision was that it was OK, other than a shit pass in the first few minutes.

I suspected you just watched some highlights and that would make it difficult to judge Kolorov's performance properly.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:10 am

sidSmith wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:cant someone kindly give me a sole reason why I shouldnt, or even better I mustn't, be confrontational to the sicknote above, pls?

It's weird that all the comments you make could have been made before the game. We all hoped for a change in attitude, that Stones can play the ball out from the back and that under Pep's wing Sterling may blossom. And your criticism of Kolarov is something we all thought when we saw the team sheet before the game, but the reality of that decision was that it was OK, other than a shit pass in the first few minutes.

I suspected you just watched some highlights and that would make it difficult to judge Kolorov's performance properly.

That's right. He's always been a lunatic poseur goofball sociopath. Who fucking knows what his actual motivation is. I can't believe he came back but whatever. If this makes him happy to post 6 bullshit paragraphs that I'll never read then good for him.

I was mightily encouraged by today on many levels. Pep is the real deal. Hopefully he will also realize that if he doesn't tighten some things up in terms of his approach he will be turning some wins into draws. England yo. It's difficult business the Prem.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:17 am

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
sidSmith wrote:

That's right. He's always been a lunatic poseur goofball sociopath. Who fucking knows what his actual motivation is. I can't believe he came back but whatever. If this makes him happy to post 6 bullshit paragraphs that I'll never read then good for him.

I was mightily encouraged by today on many levels. Pep is the real deal. Hopefully he will also realize that if he doesn't tighten some things up in terms of his approach he will be turning some wins into draws. England yo. It's difficult business the Prem.

Cheers

fucking WOW!
Then foe me, if You hate me that much, instead of getting out the closet, ganging up with whoever freak with nothing but hatred and abuse to spread on here, with those pathetic attempt at twisting my opinion to the opposite.

Otherwise, I might be forced to teach You a heavy lesson on what may arise from calling someone a sociopath, according to Florida Statutes, par. 836.01–836.11).
Prior to call internationally established professionals with names, whose whole significance Your lower educated intellect is not fit to envisage, You should better get an education which can broad up your understanding of what may raise by the actions you enjoy to take while hidden behind a cyberscreen.
Alternatively, You can join the Trump's brigade of white trash and rednecks, and keep insulting and threatening everyone your small intellect is afraid of.

For now, I just wish a mod shall be arsed to let You know that a "sociopath" is, typically, someone, who use the web curtain to entertain his distorted mind with costant abuse at people with non topics related fellonies.

AND FOR SAKE OF GOOD ORDER, I DEFY YOU, THE SOLE SOCIOPATH IN QUESTION, TO QUOTE A POST OF MINE CONTAING ANYTHING BUT PRAISE AND EXCITEMENT FOR THE MANAGERIAL REPUTATION OF PEP GUARDIOLA.
ON THE OTHER HAND, BECAUSE I AM NOT AN ATTENTION SEEKING SHEEP LIKE YOU, MY UNLIMITED APPRECIATION OF THE MCFC MANAGER, DOES NOT GO AS FAR AS TO CLAP THE SELECTION OF KOLAROV AT CB, WHO HOLDS NO SKILL NOR ATTITUTE TO COVER THE ROLE. I AM PRETTY SURE I AM NOT ALONE ON THIS OPINION, NOR THE ONLY WHO ROSE AN EYEBROW WHEN IT HAPPENED.

INDEED PEP IS THE REAL DEAL, BUT I TELL YOU ONE THING YOU STRUGGLE TO GET: THIS IS A FOOTBALL (SOCCER FOR YOU) FANS FORUM, AND IT IS DEEMED TO EXCHANGE OPINIONS ON FOOTBALL TOPICS. IT MEANS, SOMETHING LIKE, DID YOU SEE THIS OR THAT? DID YOU LIKED THIS OR THAT MOVE? HAD YOU RATHER HAVE THIS OR THAT? AND SO ON....

so, back to square one, foe who hate, and share football opinions with whoever you respect most and stop harrassing people who has opinion you dont understand. But most importantly, get out that stupid keyboard and take a breath of real world every now and then, because living a fictional life on internet can only exasperate your sociopathy.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wooders » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:05 am

oh look a thread that swales has posted on that has become about him
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:11 am

Swales4ever wrote:Otherwise, I might be forced to teach You a heavy lesson on what may arise from calling someone a sociopath, according to Florida Statutes, par. 836.01–836.11).

In order for it to be libel, it would have to damage your reputation. Trust me, you've done that enough to yourself that the word "sociopath" can only enhance yours.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:24 am

Swales4ever wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
sidSmith wrote:

Cheers

fucking WOW!
Then foe me, if You hate me that much, instead of getting out the closet, ganging up with whoever freak with nothing but hatred and abuse to spread on here, with those pathetic attempt at twisting my opinion to the opposite.

Otherwise, I might be forced to teach You a heavy lesson on what may arise from calling someone a sociopath, according to Florida Statutes, par. 836.01–836.11).
Prior to call internationally established professionals with names, whose whole significance Your lower educated intellect is not fit to envisage, You should better get an education which can broad up your understanding of what may raise by the actions you enjoy to take while hidden behind a cyberscreen.
Alternatively, You can join the Trump's brigade of white trash and rednecks, and keep insulting and threatening everyone your small intellect is afraid of.

For now, I just wish a mod shall be arsed to let You know that a "sociopath" is, typically, someone, who use the web curtain to entertain his distorted mind with costant abuse at people with non topics related fellonies.

AND FOR SAKE OF GOOD ORDER, I DEFY YOU, THE SOLE SOCIOPATH IN QUESTION, TO QUOTE A POST OF MINE CONTAING ANYTHING BUT PRAISE AND EXCITEMENT FOR THE MANAGERIAL REPUTATION OF PEP GUARDIOLA.
ON THE OTHER HAND, BECAUSE I AM NOT AN ATTENTION SEEKING SHEEP LIKE YOU, MY UNLIMITED APPRECIATION OF THE MCFC MANAGER, DOES NOT GO AS FAR AS TO CLAP THE SELECTION OF KOLAROV AT CB, WHO HOLDS NO SKILL NOR ATTITUTE TO COVER THE ROLE. I AM PRETTY SURE I AM NOT ALONE ON THIS OPINION, NOR THE ONLY WHO ROSE AN EYEBROW WHEN IT HAPPENED.

INDEED PEP IS THE REAL DEAL, BUT I TELL YOU ONE THING YOU STRUGGLE TO GET: THIS IS A FOOTBALL (SOCCER FOR YOU) FANS FORUM, AND IT IS DEEMED TO EXCHANGE OPINIONS ON FOOTBALL TOPICS. IT MEANS, SOMETHING LIKE, DID YOU SEE THIS OR THAT? DID YOU LIKED THIS OR THAT MOVE? HAD YOU RATHER HAVE THIS OR THAT? AND SO ON....

so, back to square one, foe who hate, and share football opinions with whoever you respect most and stop harrassing people who has opinion you dont understand. But most importantly, get out that stupid keyboard and take a breath of real world every now and then, because living a fictional life on internet can only exasperate your sociopathy.

This piece mightily complex is. Life is fact is too short.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:25 am

Wooders wrote:oh look a thread that swales has posted on that has become about him

Tbf other posters love making it about him as well.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby sidSmith » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:24 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Wooders wrote:oh look a thread that swales has posted on that has become about him

Are you defending him?
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:38 am

sidSmith wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Are you defending him?

Case in point Wooders
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum