Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:29 pm

Joe was excellent tonight both in the game and giving a post match interview on BT. A true professional.

The fact that his pass rate was 100% is irrelevant as Steau were nowhere to be seen for most of the time making it so so easy for him to roll or kick it to a City player. The odd time there was an opponent around he was fine anyway.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:54 pm

Credit to everyone there tonight , class from Joe and all the best.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:53 am

i wonder if he won't be better served doing a 2-year loan deal and reassessing. 2 years is a long time. lots can happen to a club and players in 2 years.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:53 am

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:Not sure i care either way but if i was Joe Hart i'd tell the spafia to fcuk off , i was here when we didn't have mercenary management and i 'll be here after you have gone. Sit and bide my time till both the new goalie and Willy seriously fcuk up in the league .... and they will.

Not sure if that's tongue in cheek?

No Mase not tongue in cheek. If Guardiola is the worlds best Coach then he should be able to improve Joes play. Willys distribution wasn't that great last saturday
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:37 am

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:Not sure i care either way but if i was Joe Hart i'd tell the spafia to fcuk off , i was here when we didn't have mercenary management and i 'll be here after you have gone. Sit and bide my time till both the new goalie and Willy seriously fcuk up in the league .... and they will.

No Mase not tongue in cheek. If Guardiola is the worlds best Coach then he should be able to improve Joes play. Willys distribution wasn't that great last saturday

Getting rid without even trying really has me scratching my head. You would have thought he'd have some credit after all he has done here, at least a season to sort shit out, but no, fucked off before a ball is kicked.

Fucking disgraceful if you ask me and it's just the Pep licking that has not got people up in arms.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Feed The Goat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:47 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

Getting rid without even trying really has me scratching my head. You would have thought he'd have some credit after all he has done here, at least a season to sort shit out, but no, fucked off before a ball is kicked.

Fucking disgraceful if you ask me and it's just the Pep licking that has not got people up in arms.

Maybe he's been offered the chance to stay and learn, but he won't be number 1 while he does that and maybe Joe has said no.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dub City » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:14 am

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

Keep reading that its the distribution that is the problem, we all know its not great what about his inability to get down low to his left which has cost us goals many times and was badly exposed at the Euros, this has been a problem for a number of seasons and he hasn't or cant rectify it.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:28 am

Dub City wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

Keep reading that its the distribution that is the problem, we all know its not great what about his inability to get down low to his left which has cost us goals many times and was badly exposed at the Euros, this has been a problem for a number of seasons and he hasn't or cant rectify it.

Fair comment but what about those Golden Gloves, do we forget them?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:38 am

Last night was yet another example of MCFC fans of being amazingly true and loyal . We always have been and always will be ! Life always moves on players will always come and go .......

Proud to be a blue , CTID !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dub City » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:25 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dub City wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

Fair comment but what about those Golden Gloves, do we forget them?

Not at all, been a great player for us over the years who played a big part in two title wins don't think ul find any city fan that will say otherwise just think this problem is a bigger issue for keeper than his short passing
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:28 am

Dub City wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

Hart's issue with his left side is no worse than De Gea's issue with his near post.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:37 am

Peps wants his team his style and that's it. Mancini never got this backing when he was bullying the players or was he dealing with players who were way above there stations? I spoke to an ex player Monday and he said it's been coming for some time, the decision was taken before the end of last season. Joe lingering is down to lack of options, his agent was informed months ago. Why is head was all over the shop in the Euro's
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:52 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

Agree.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby MilnersJaw » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:21 am

Dub City wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

disruption is just one of many issues, so don't know why people are doubling down on the disruption is the only reason. He's know pep was coming for ages now, he's had time to get his arse in gear, he hasn't.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:24 am

**OOPS double post**
Last edited by Blue Blood on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:24 am

Dub City wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

I think this issue with Joe Hart is fundamental. Basically in football it's widely accepted there are two types of GK's, A-Type and R-Type, those who anticipate and those who react.

Joe is a reactive goalkeeper, Pep wants an anticipating GK, a role deemed vital for our new system.

Those who say Joe can do the job to Pep's requirements are both right and wrong. He can do the job, but he has to think more, forcefully make himself do the job and in clutch situations, will always revert to his base GK DNA, reactive. Like anyone, when push comes to shove, in the big moments you draw on your base training, the stuff you've always done and for Joe, he's an R-Type, born and bred, always will be. It's just how he is.

Pep wants a GK who in all pressured situations is the GK he wants, whose GK DNA means he will always be anticipating.

It's a strange concept, but it's a bit like a racing driver being asked to be a taxi driver, tendency's from the former life will always be there, even though in the new job those things aren't allowed.

It's not easy to rewire a person, sadly in this case, Joe is simply the victim of his education and the new system.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:33 am

Blue Blood wrote:
Dub City wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

I think this issue with Joe Hart is fundamental. Basically in football it's widely accepted there are two types of GK's, A-Type and R-Type, those who anticipate and those who react.

Joe is a reactive goalkeeper, Pep wants an anticipating GK, a role deemed vital for our new system.

Those who say Joe can do the job to Pep's requirements are both right and wrong. He can do the job, but he has to think more, forcefully make himself do the job and in clutch situations, will always revert to his base GK DNA, reactive. Like anyone, when push comes to shove, in the big moments you draw on your base training, the stuff you've always done and for Joe, he's an R-Type, born and bred, always will be. It's just how he is.

Pep wants a GK who in all pressured situations is the GK he wants, whose GK DNA means he will always be anticipating.

It's a strange concept, but it's a bit like a racing driver being asked to be a taxi driver, tendency's from the former life will always be there, even though in the new job those things aren't allowed.

It's not easy to rewire a person, sadly in this case, Joe is simply the victim of his education and the new system.

Interesting post BB.

A bit of food for thought there and well worth pondering.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:39 am

I'll miss joe, I really will. City legend.

The flip side to the why can't pep improve him though, is why is a multi-millionaire footballer not improving himself before pep gets here? He's not a kid, he's a grown man, if he chose not to look at what was coming he was either arrogant or stupid in my opinion.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:48 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:

Interesting post BB.

A bit of food for thought there and well worth pondering.

I will be shocked if that wasnt read here:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... diolas-man
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:48 am

People need to stop talking about improvement as if it is easily done or even possible for any footballer in his twenties.

Hart will not improve his distribution to be on the level of Bravo or ter Stegen for the same reason Dzeko won't improve his first touch to be on the same level of David Silva. Those ships have sailed a long time ago.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum