Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:51 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The word I heard was that he is as good as gone with a new keeper very close. Interesting to see a new keeper with the under 18's this morning. Arijanet Muric! 18 years old , tall and thin and plays the sweeper role like Neure ( that German fella)

Has Grimshaw moved up or out? He always struck me as a very modern keeper - possibly over confident with his feet and forgot to do the simple things like catch it, although I was hopeful someone might train that into him

Grimshaw is as good as any player with the ball at his feet. Pep might like him but he isn't very big.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:18 pm

Rumour mill has Joe Hart going to Everton for £30 million ,

Ter Stegen to City done deal .

We will see very soon no doubt ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:24 pm

City64 wrote:Rumour mill has Joe Hart going to Everton for £30 million ,

Can't argue with £30m for him. Do they fancy Bony as well?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Joe would not have been able to play the game the way Willy did tonight, I'm sorry to say.

Joe is by far the better "keeper", but if tonight is any indication of how we're going to play he simply doesn't fit the bill.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Sevilla interested too supposedly.

Isn't Ter Stegen injured?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:41 pm

phips wrote:

Sevilla interested too supposedly.

Isn't Ter Stegen injured?

As if signing an injured is something we wouldn't do.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:54 pm

What the fuck are we doing?

I am not a fan of Hart, not by a longshot, but we are selling one major piece from our recent history and primarly because he has a bad passing game for a goalkeeper.

Ok, somehow I understand that, but we are about to pay around 50-60 million for a keeper and the reason that we are going after him is because of his footgame? Ffs, I am rubbish as a goalkeeper, but I have a good feet game and I am more cheaper. Joke aside, have we all gone mad?

Guardiola is the best manager out there, but let's fucking chill, he just used Kolarov as a fucking center defender and looks like he is keeping both of Kolarov and Clichy when both of them are passed their best. Give Hart a fucking chance and if he is gash, send him in the winter away. Most of us will pack his bags, but after a fair chance.

Fuck, not content at all of how things are going so far.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:26 pm

I bet he plays in the week...
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:34 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The word I heard was that he is as good as gone with a new keeper very close. Interesting to see a new keeper with the under 18's this morning. Arijanet Muric! 18 years old , tall and thin and plays the sweeper role like Neure ( that German fella)

Has Grimshaw moved up or out? He always struck me as a very modern keeper - possibly over confident with his feet and forgot to do the simple things like catch it, although I was hopeful someone might train that into him

Grimshaw is as good as any player with the ball at his feet. Pep might like him but he isn't very big.

I would say Gunn is the best with the ball at his feet and doing the sweeper job. Grimshaw is good too, over confident at times as you said , but he's far to young yet
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:56 pm

PeterParker wrote:What the fuck are we doing?

I am not a fan of Hart, not by a longshot, but we are selling one major piece from our recent history and primarly because he has a bad passing game for a goalkeeper.

Ok, somehow I understand that, but we are about to pay around 50-60 million for a keeper and the reason that we are going after him is because of his footgame? Ffs, I am rubbish as a goalkeeper, but I have a good feet game and I am more cheaper. Joke aside, have we all gone mad?

Guardiola is the best manager out there, but let's fucking chill, he just used Kolarov as a fucking center defender and looks like he is keeping both of Kolarov and Clichy when both of them are passed their best. Give Hart a fucking chance and if he is gash, send him in the winter away. Most of us will pack his bags, but after a fair chance.

You do realise how well the keeper does with the ball is essential to the way pep wants to play? I think this has been repeated several times but it's not just passing it's doing so under pressure as well as the keeper's first touch and vision.

Does that sound like our Joe Hart? Should we also expect Mangala to magically turn into an entirely different player given that he also does not possess he attributes necessary to do the job pep requires? Kolarov is actually being given a run because he is composed with and able to pass the ball well, which he did today actually.

There is a theme here.

It isn't just putting players in different positions without them possessing something that Pep deems a requirement to play the positions as he sees fit and is now quite obviously essential having watched how we are playing now. Traditional types of defenders and keepers, no matter how good they are at the traditional skills, would hurt us and certainly not help us well enough initiate the kind of attack he wants.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Wooders » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:11 am

dunno about this one - if he wasn't english I'd be far more comfortable about selling him
he is a decent keeper, a very decent one, it feels to me that that selling a very decent player who firs in with the rules of homegrown players in the squad, which may well get more stringent in the coming years, is a massive risk
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:49 am

Wooders wrote:dunno about this one - if he wasn't english I'd be far more comfortable about selling him
he is a decent keeper, a very decent one, it feels to me that that selling a very decent player who firs in with the rules of homegrown players in the squad, which may well get more stringent in the coming years, is a massive risk

Maybe we should also consider he's been pretty dodgy of late? Brought his England form right into the Arsenal match
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:49 am

English or not , HART is not the answer...we all fuckign know it deep down so lets just get on with selling him on ffs !

He pissed off many a fan with his stupid fuckign grinning when he conceded and his fucking love in with shrek was embarrassing to say the least.

Im not at all pissed off we are selling him...in fact..I couldnt give a shit.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:06 am

Good post
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby PeterParker » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:41 am

PrezIke wrote:

You do realise how well the keeper does with the ball is essential to the way pep wants to play? I think this has been repeated several times but it's not just passing it's doing so under pressure as well as the keeper's first touch and vision.

Does that sound like our Joe Hart? Should we also expect Mangala to magically turn into an entirely different player given that he also does not possess he attributes necessary to do the job pep requires? Kolarov is actually being given a run because he is composed with and able to pass the ball well, which he did today actually.

There is a theme here.

It isn't just putting players in different positions without them possessing something that Pep deems a requirement to play the positions as he sees fit and is now quite obviously essential having watched how we are playing now. Traditional types of defenders and keepers, no matter how good they are at the traditional skills, would hurt us and certainly not help us well enough initiate the kind of attack he wants.

I understand that, but I explained what my problem really is.

You cannot sell a heavy piece of our squad without giving him a chance. I understand we need to offload Yaya, Nasri, Bony, but Hart? Sell him and bring Ter Stegen for 60 mil? Then what? We expect him to work his footgame when we will have a difficult night full of crosses at WBA, Burnley, Hull, etc?

I really do not undestand this shit. Why did we buy Rulli? We have Rulli, a keeper that PLAYS in La Liga and does it very well, but we want to sign the reserve GK o Barcelona for 50 million. I do not like when cunts are taking a piss of our club. I can garantee you, Rulli is as good as Ter, maybe even a bit better.

And with Kolarov, ok, but he gave him a go because he can be our jolly joker? Or because we are want to sell him? What about Tosin? What happend to the lad?

I understand what you are saying, but I have the feeling they are taking a piss. And by them I am looking at The Spafia and also Pep. Go and get Kross for 50 mil, not the reserve GK of Barcelona.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:04 am

PeterParker wrote:he just used Kolarov as a fucking center defender and looks like he is keeping both of Kolarov and Clichy when both of them are passed their best.

Yet both had probably their best games in a City shirt yesterday. He knows what he's doing mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:45 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:he just used Kolarov as a fucking center defender and looks like he is keeping both of Kolarov and Clichy when both of them are passed their best.

Yet both had probably their best games in a City shirt yesterday. He knows what he's doing mate.

I hope, mate, I hope.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:52 am

Really happy about this. Not a fucking chance in a million Hart can play the way Pep wants from a goalkeeper. I thought we'd drag it out for a season but Pep isn't hanging around. Team before sentiment all day long.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:55 am

I get the concern., but I wonder statistically whether there is some evidence that a combination of goalkeeper and centre halves with good distribution, combine to lose possession in dangerous areas so infrequently (and to setup more attacks) that the need for an absolute top class shot stopper is rendered largely irrelevant?

I suspect that might be true in slower paced leagues with a lower number of quality teams, but like many of the alleged elements of Guardiola's philosophy, I hope his theory doesn't come unstuck with the higher number of quality teams in this league.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:09 am

john@staustell wrote:
Wooders wrote:dunno about this one - if he wasn't english I'd be far more comfortable about selling him

Maybe we should also consider he's been pretty dodgy of late? Brought his England form right into the Arsenal match

Which was a pre-season game. If we're to judge people based on that match or on any of the pre-season games, we'd have to sell the entire squad.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum