Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:16 am

Herb wrote:
PrezIke wrote:I wish him much success, am gutted this is occurring, and eternally grateful for his contributions, as he has been really a great City player who I wish we could keep, but I cannot see this working out.

The writing has been on the wall since Pep became our manager. It is a bitter pill to swallow for him surely, most of our fans knowing of his loyalty and contributions, yet Pep knows this as well, and it clearly has to be done.

I am beginning to think more that's why he was dropped now. If he started on Saturday and then in the background Pep is making a move for Bravo or whoever, it would be even worse than this. At least Pep is being up front about pushing him out as respectfully as he can, with some lip service about Joe being given a chance we all know he can't live up to despite all of his other skills. I do not envy Pep's position, but it sure tells us who is the boss now.

The Pellegrini era is long gone now if anyone was still wondering, and I actually hope we also come to better respect what The Engineer did after Mancini's disastrous last season. He set the table and won us trophies. Joe, Mancini, etc. are all part of that as well, and I will never forget that as a fan.

Mancini's last 'disastrous' season was much influenced by Hart turning players against Mancini because he knew that if Mancini stayed then he'd have dumped Hart and bought a decent keeper. Whenever Mancini's biography comes out you'll see it writ large that the signing that he ultimately wanted the most was a new keeper due to Joe's basic shortfalls, regular cock-ups and the way he worked against the good of the club to protect his own position.
Pellegrini also had issues with Hart and would have replaced him if he'd been given another season. Pep will not accommodate a self-serving flapper like Hart in his squad and that's certainly no wonder.
I'm amazed that Joe's fan boys are still wailing about him finally getting moved along after the points he's cost us over several seasons and the internal strife that he (Rooney's best mate) has been only too happy to cause within the clubs professional ranks.
If they still think he's a world beater then then they should look at how the top clubs in England and Europe are showing not the slightest sign of interest in having a trouble causing keeper who lacks the very basics of his trade.
The sooner we're rid of the bad apple the better but moving him on will be difficult because he's not exactly great at his job is he?

Oh, and this is my opinion and I'm happy to agree to disagree with those who are getting a bit sniffy and tearful about us improving our squad.

Totally agree.

Widely known Mancini went all guns for Buffon, failed and Hart wasn't impressed.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:19 am

Hart has stood still, City are moving on EEZ FOOTBALL... Get over it, The worlds leading coach has spoken.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:31 am

It won't be the same without all that high-pitched, intense, panicky screaming at every free kick we defend!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby PrezIke » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:12 am

dick dastardley wrote:buying a 33yr old keeper to replace hart, peps a joker if hes going along these lines ,rather bring through gunn and save the money for a quality back up striker to Sergio, because kelechi is a raw talent atm.

Buffon is 38. Van der Sar won the Prem at 40.

33 for a keeper is not as old as anyone else. You're out of your mind if you think Gunn is ready to be our first choice keeper.

Bravo is one of the best keepers in the world, won the Copa twice and several other trophies with Barca, has loads of valuable experience, and will fit in perfectly to the system.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:16 am

john@staustell wrote:It won't be the same without all that high-pitched, intense, panicky screaming at every free kick we defend!

No, the voices in your head won't leave just because we sell Hart. Sorry.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:29 am

Im happy hes fucking off , there is only so much I can take watching him pally up to the scum players and grinning like a fuckign cheshire cat after we have just lost to them.

His attitude stinks........as has been stated above , 1 manager wanted him out and 1 was toying with the idea and now PEP has joined that list.

Good.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:36 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im happy hes fucking off , there is only so much I can take watching him pally up to the scum players and grinning like a fuckign cheshire cat after we have just lost to them.

His attitude stinks........as has been stated above , 1 manager wanted him out and 1 was toying with the idea and now PEP has joined that list.

Good.

Add the who gives a fuck about the FA Cup V Wigan, The clique can reflect on what comes around goes around !!! Never forgiven them for that I suspect Hart was one of the biggest cunts to delight at Shafting Mancini & the FANS !!!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:51 pm

I recall Rodney Marsh,' if you can't play you end up in goal, that's why there are so many american keepers '
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bigblue » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:08 pm

Herb wrote:Mancini's last 'disastrous' season was much influenced by Hart turning players against Mancini because he knew that if Mancini stayed then he'd have dumped Hart and bought a decent keeper. Whenever Mancini's biography comes out you'll see it writ large that the signing that he ultimately wanted the most was a new keeper due to Joe's basic shortfalls, regular cock-ups and the way he worked against the good of the club to protect his own position.

Pellegrini also had issues with Hart and would have replaced him if he'd been given another season. Pep will not accommodate a self-serving flapper like Hart in his squad and that's certainly no wonder.

Do you have sources/quotes for any of this - especially the Mancini part?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
john@staustell wrote:It won't be the same without all that high-pitched, intense, panicky screaming at every free kick we defend!

YAYA YAYA YAYA YAYA YAYA YAYA YAYA

You're right!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:27 pm

bigblue wrote:
Herb wrote:Mancini's last 'disastrous' season was much influenced by Hart turning players against Mancini because he knew that if Mancini stayed then he'd have dumped Hart and bought a decent keeper. Whenever Mancini's biography comes out you'll see it writ large that the signing that he ultimately wanted the most was a new keeper due to Joe's basic shortfalls, regular cock-ups and the way he worked against the good of the club to protect his own position.

Do you have sources/quotes for any of this - especially the Mancini part?

I think that Nigel's Tackle whispered it in his ear as he was dry bumming him at QPR away. Or was it Palace? I can't recall. Good times. Good times.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im happy hes fucking off , there is only so much I can take watching him pally up to the scum players and grinning like a fuckign cheshire cat after we have just lost to them.

Good.

Nothing gets me goat more than Joe giving Rooney a big old hug after we've just lost a derby.

I don't ask for much but when the cameras are on, our players should want nothing else than to murder the rags, be furious in defeat and want to rub the tossers noses in it when we win.

Call me old fashioned.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:31 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

YAYA YAYA YAYA YAYA YAYA YAYA YAYA

You're right!

Well he wasn't the only one seeing that Yaya's out of position.

I'll give you this, if he plays on tuesday when Yaya's not playing and keeps screaming for Yaya to get in position, there's something wrong with him.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:53 pm

Well it was suggested (not by me) that all that shouting and screaming and cocky jumping about, as opposed to calmness, put the whole England team on edge. Which it probably did and does.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:55 pm

john@staustell wrote:Well it was suggested (not by me) that all that shouting and screaming and cocky jumping about, as opposed to calmness, put the whole England team on edge. Which it probably did and does.

Yet no manager he had has told him to rein it in?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:08 pm

Blue Blood wrote:

Good.

Nothing gets me goat more than Joe giving Rooney a big old hug after we've just lost a derby.

I don't ask for much but when the cameras are on, our players should want nothing else than to murder the rags, be furious in defeat and want to rub the tossers noses in it when we win.

Call me old fashioned.

BB, You're old fashioned.

To quote Rick Wakeman (in a different context) - "Good innit".
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:11 pm

john@staustell wrote:Well it was suggested (not by me) that all that shouting and screaming and cocky jumping about, as opposed to calmness, put the whole England team on edge. Which it probably did and does.

A good keeper always helps his team in front of him to keep their shape, pick up runs, etc. Young keepers often show their inexperience and lack of authority by not being vocal enough. I see where you're coming from but I don't think it's an issue, seems kind of forced IMO.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:47 pm

patrickblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Ian Cheeseman says he's heard that he doesn't like Hart as a bloke. Apparently Joe made quite clear that he was pissed at being told he wasn't going to play in the Sunderland game. Whatever the truth Joe's distribution has been poor forever. The stats don't lie. He either can't or won't improve. Starting attacks quickly from the back is essential to deal with packed defences and goalkeepers have to play their full part. In the modern game they have to have decent technique to complement everything else they need to hack it at the top of the game. They're not the only ones having extra demands made on them. Just look at the burden put on full backs in the modern game.

That's my view as well, although I was thinking more about Joe's attitude rather than a personal dislike.
We've all seen it when we get a new boss, the bloke who just puts obstacles up all the time, and won't try anything new.

I noticed 'a source close to Joe Hart' was briefing the Sun for an article in their crappy rag of a paper today. Just after he was dropped to the bench. This is the kind of crap I can't stand with some players. Completely undermines his status as a Blue for me.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:32 pm

Joe was told on Friday he has no future at the club, not by pep but on behalf of pep. He is absolutely distraught at the decision and wasn't in the right frame of mind to play on Saturday. He was told he had to be there or would be fined.

He doesn't know himself where he's going but he's definitely gone.

Whatever your thoughts on Joe may be, one thing is sure, Joe loves City and always will.

This isn't a bullshit post, it's 100 % true from the horse's mouth. Can't say how I know Joe but I've known him for a few years. Personally gutted as he used to get us tickets for the away games in Europe.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

A good keeper always helps his team in front of him to keep their shape, pick up runs, etc. Young keepers often show their inexperience iand lack of authority by not being vocal enough. I see where you're coming from but I don't think it's an issue, seems kind of forced IMO.

Seems very forced to me . With Shilton it was good , not sure Hart has the same knack
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum