Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Dub City » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:25 pm

I think the keeper in the premiership with the best distribution and ball at his feet is schemichel. Would boost club trained panel for champions league spot. I know he is a rag fan and far from perfect keeper who just signed a new contract but would consider him a good option for what we are supposedly looking for in a keeper.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:26 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:All things considered Joe, in my opinion, is a far better bet than Willy. It looks like Bravo will sign and Joe, if he decided to stay, will be the number 2. My money would then be on Joe winning his place back.

Regardless, if one comes in I hope one leaves. Gunn seems to be the new black, should be given third spot and the chance to train with Bravo and Willy/Joe.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby sidSmith » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Dub City wrote:I think the keeper in the premiership with the best distribution and ball at his feet is schemichel. Would boost club trained panel for champions league spot. I know he is a rag fan and far from perfect keeper who just signed a new contract but would consider him a good option for what we are supposedly looking for in a keeper.

Schmeichel as our Pogba? Not sure how that would go down in the current climate. I'd rather give Hart a chance tbh.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dub City » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:45 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:All things considered Joe, in my opinion, is a far better bet than Willy. It looks like Bravo will sign and Joe, if he decided to stay, will be the number 2. My money would then be on Joe winning his place back.

Don't care about the Pogba thing at all if a signing would give us a keeper comfortable with the system and give a club trained when we are uptowards our foreign player quota wouldn't dismiss it for what the rag pricks would say. Not saying schemichel is the answer to our prayers but I think he would be more suited to the system than Hart.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Schemichel is a good shout, but no way Leicester sell right now unless we could convince in a part exchange for Hart, who would have to be open to going there. If we are in for Bravo, which it seems we are, he would not be coming for a few seasons.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Dub City wrote:I think the keeper in the premiership with the best distribution and ball at his feet is schemichel. Would boost club trained panel for champions league spot. I know he is a rag fan and far from perfect keeper who just signed a new contract but would consider him a good option for what we are supposedly looking for in a keeper.

The stats say otherwise

http://www.hinckleytimes.net/sport/foot ... r-11123880
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:48 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

The stats say otherwise

Shows what I know...hah. Although I would have rated Loris #1 based on observation.

Schemichel looks fairly comfortable and I feel like I have seen him make some good long low trajectory passes and is very good throwing the football. It could be he takes more risks.

Pass% has always been a flawed statistic anyway, because I am quite certain that was raised as a reason to defend Lescott's passing, as it was in the 90s %-wise. Some keepers and defenders take far more risks because they are better with the ball. Hart is in no way better with the ball than Scemichel, which that statistic suggests.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:55 pm

PrezIke wrote:

The stats say otherwise

Shows what I know...hah. Although I would have rated Loris #1 based on observation.

Schemichel looks fairly comfortable and I feel like I have seen him make some good long low trajectory passes and is very good throwing the football. It could be he takes more risks.

Pass% has always been a flawed statistic anyway, because I am quite certain that was raised as a reason to defend Lescott's passing, as it was in the 90s %-wise. Some keepers and defenders take far more risks because they are better with the ball. Hart is in no way better with the ball than Scemichel, which that statistic suggests.

Leicester's anti-possession style of play might be watering his stats down a bit, maybe?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:52 pm

Dameerto wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

The stats say otherwise

Leicester's anti-possession style of play might be watering his stats down a bit, maybe?

Likely. Additionally if we take the list even with a half truth it would suggest why Pep wants to go outside the Prem to find a keeper.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PrezIke » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:55 am

I wish him much success, am gutted this is occurring, and eternally grateful for his contributions, as he has been really a great City player who I wish we could keep, but I cannot see this working out.

The writing has been on the wall since Pep became our manager. It is a bitter pill to swallow for him surely, most of our fans knowing of his loyalty and contributions, yet Pep knows this as well, and it clearly has to be done.

I am beginning to think more that's why he was dropped now. If he started on Saturday and then in the background Pep is making a move for Bravo or whoever, it would be even worse than this. At least Pep is being up front about pushing him out as respectfully as he can, with some lip service about Joe being given a chance we all know he can't live up to despite all of his other skills. I do not envy Pep's position, but it sure tells us who is the boss now.

The Pellegrini era is long gone now if anyone was still wondering, and I actually hope we also come to better respect what The Engineer did after Mancini's disastrous last season. He set the table and won us trophies. Joe, Mancini, etc. are all part of that as well, and I will never forget that as a fan.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Socrates » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:19 am

He needs to hang in there or go on loan if possible. There is a huge possibility that Guardiola's sweeper keeper system will come unstuck in this league. A second keeper to play that way in Europe would be necessary but domestically with organised, pressing teams from the middle and lower Prem we may find that setting up the Guardiola way leaves ourselves feeling like we are playing Leicester every week! If that happens then he may regret losing a top shotstopper and replacing with a defender with hands.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:26 am

It's a load of rubbish

Guardiola is not alone in wanting to have his goalkeepers playing passing football.

Neuer was very comfortable doing this thing before Guardiola ever got to Bayern.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:42 am

zuricity wrote:It's a load of rubbish

Guardiola is not alone in wanting to have his goalkeepers playing passing football.

Neuer was very comfortable doing this thing before Guardiola ever got to Bayern.

True.

Of course we dont know what affect the media battering during and following the Euros has had on Joe Hart. it cant have done his confidence any good.
I hope he stays, hes not the best in the world, but we wont win the PL with Willy in goal.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:59 am

Dameerto wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

The stats say otherwise

There's definitely an element of that, individual stats don't give the full picture you only need to look at Neuer's or Bravo's stats to see how much their pass percentage improved when playing in systems that provided options for them to pass to. That said, Kasper has never struck me as comfortable with the ball at his feet.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:04 am

He has known for long enough the demands would be different under Pep, Has he worked on it ? sadly he is not got the skills, he is better off moving on. Massive thanks to him, and like many others he has been well paid in getting us to this point. Sentiment left the Premier league a long time ago.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:23 am

Ian Cheeseman says he's heard that he doesn't like Hart as a bloke. Apparently Joe made quite clear that he was pissed at being told he wasn't going to play in the Sunderland game. Whatever the truth Joe's distribution has been poor forever. The stats don't lie. He either can't or won't improve. Starting attacks quickly from the back is essential to deal with packed defences and goalkeepers have to play their full part. In the modern game they have to have decent technique to complement everything else they need to hack it at the top of the game. They're not the only ones having extra demands made on them. Just look at the burden put on full backs in the modern game.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:26 am

buying a 33yr old keeper to replace hart, peps a joker if hes going along these lines ,rather bring through gunn and save the money for a quality back up striker to Sergio, because kelechi is a raw talent atm.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:45 am

I'm going to be a tad controversial here, i'm glad this is happening.

Whether Joe goes or stays we have had a lopsided GK situation for a long long time. Joe has been king of the castle with absolutely no rivals and as a result hasn't improved since the very early days of Mancini, hell he has probably even regressed. I don't think he is as good now as he was at 25. If Claudio Bravo comes in at 33 years old, we stand a good chance of encouraging a young GK (Rulli perhaps) of signing on next season with a view to being his successor, getting the two to battle for number one, a good situation.

I can't see Hart accepting a period of knuckling down, fighting, trying to approve and adapt, Ian Cheeseman just recently said he took being dropped at Sunderland very badly, I can't see him wanting to fight, he expects to be number one, the only one.

He'll head to Everton, be the king again, repeat the cycle. It's a shame.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:56 am

blues2win wrote:Ian Cheeseman says he's heard that he doesn't like Hart as a bloke. Apparently Joe made quite clear that he was pissed at being told he wasn't going to play in the Sunderland game. Whatever the truth Joe's distribution has been poor forever. The stats don't lie. He either can't or won't improve. Starting attacks quickly from the back is essential to deal with packed defences and goalkeepers have to play their full part. In the modern game they have to have decent technique to complement everything else they need to hack it at the top of the game. They're not the only ones having extra demands made on them. Just look at the burden put on full backs in the modern game.

That's my view as well, although I was thinking more about Joe's attitude rather than a personal dislike.
We've all seen it when we get a new boss, the bloke who just puts obstacles up all the time, and won't try anything new.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Herb » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:57 am

PrezIke wrote:I wish him much success, am gutted this is occurring, and eternally grateful for his contributions, as he has been really a great City player who I wish we could keep, but I cannot see this working out.

The writing has been on the wall since Pep became our manager. It is a bitter pill to swallow for him surely, most of our fans knowing of his loyalty and contributions, yet Pep knows this as well, and it clearly has to be done.

I am beginning to think more that's why he was dropped now. If he started on Saturday and then in the background Pep is making a move for Bravo or whoever, it would be even worse than this. At least Pep is being up front about pushing him out as respectfully as he can, with some lip service about Joe being given a chance we all know he can't live up to despite all of his other skills. I do not envy Pep's position, but it sure tells us who is the boss now.

The Pellegrini era is long gone now if anyone was still wondering, and I actually hope we also come to better respect what The Engineer did after Mancini's disastrous last season. He set the table and won us trophies. Joe, Mancini, etc. are all part of that as well, and I will never forget that as a fan.

Mancini's last 'disastrous' season was much influenced by Hart turning players against Mancini because he knew that if Mancini stayed then he'd have dumped Hart and bought a decent keeper. Whenever Mancini's biography comes out you'll see it writ large that the signing that he ultimately wanted the most was a new keeper due to Joe's basic shortfalls, regular cock-ups and the way he worked against the good of the club to protect his own position.
Pellegrini also had issues with Hart and would have replaced him if he'd been given another season. Pep will not accommodate a self-serving flapper like Hart in his squad and that's certainly no wonder.
I'm amazed that Joe's fan boys are still wailing about him finally getting moved along after the points he's cost us over several seasons and the internal strife that he (Rooney's best mate) has been only too happy to cause within the clubs professional ranks.
If they still think he's a world beater then then they should look at how the top clubs in England and Europe are showing not the slightest sign of interest in having a trouble causing keeper who lacks the very basics of his trade.
The sooner we're rid of the bad apple the better but moving him on will be difficult because he's not exactly great at his job is he?

Oh, and this is my opinion and I'm happy to agree to disagree with those who are getting a bit sniffy and tearful about us improving our squad.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum