Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:16 pm

Why is Joe Hart signing for Torino? Sky in Italy help us explain...
By Oliver Yew

Last Updated: 30/08/16 4:16pm

England goalkeeper Joe Hart is set to leave Manchester City and sign for Torino on a season-long loan deal.

But why has Hart chosen to move to Serie A with Torino? Will he play every week? And what do the fans and the Italian media think of the move?

With the help of Sky in Italy's Paolo Aghemo, we take a look at some of the key questions behind Hart's move to Torino...
Does Hart have an issue?

Does Joe Hart have techinical issues? We consult the experts and look at the stats.

Why did Hart choose Torino?

PA: "Hart was definitely convinced by the project at Torino but he is very keen to test himself in Serie A. He had the choice of Sunderland as well but Italian football, it's a new experience for him and with his situation at City under Pep Guardiola, he pushed for the move to Torino, and in particular Italian football.

"And it's a good choice because Torino are a good club and they are very well run. Mihajlovic has already said he wants the club back in Europe in two years so that challenge also attracted Hart to Torino."

Will he be first choice and play every week?

PA: "There's no doubt about it, he will play every week. The goalkeeping situation at Torino is very difficult. Mihajlovic has three goalkeepers in his squad for the start of the season but no-one was making a case to be the No. 1.

"They started with Alfred Gomis but he had a difficult start and the manager changed his mind. He then made Daniele Padelli, who played once for Liverpool in 2007, the new first choice but he also had difficulties.

"There wasn't a clear No 1 so Hart is a solution to a big problem."

How are Torino viewed in Italy?

PA: "Torino are a big club of Italian football. We had Grande Torino in the 1940s - a team that won five titles in a row. They also won the Coppa Italia in 1943 becoming the first side to win the coveted Scudetto and Coppa Italia double.

"In 1949, the plane carrying the Torino team home from a friendly in Lisbon against Benfica crashed, claiming the lives of 31 people. They were a legendary team and the legend of the Grande Torino lives on.

"It's a big club in terms of Italian football history and in terms of the supporters. You can liken them to the supporters of Liverpool. They are very close to the team and are an integral part of the club."

Are they still a big club?

PA: "In terms of history of course, however, the results have not been going in Torino's favour in recent years and the target for the club is not the Serie A title but to qualify for the Europa League.

"They last won the Scudetto in 1976 so it's 40 years since they won the league title. Last year they finished 12th in Serie A but with Sinisa Mihajlovic in charge, the target is European qualification.

"They are an improving side and they are building a new team with new players like Adem Ljajic and Iago Falque. Hart is another big player and is the symbol of this new project."

Torino v Juventus

PA: "Juventus are winning everything at the moment so it's very difficult for Torino. It's very difficult for the Torino supporters with Juventus in town, just as it was for Manchester City fans when Manchester United were at their most dominant.

"Hart obviously has experience of the Manchester derby and that will stand him in good stead for the Derby della Mole. It's a very passionate affair which Hart will be used to, but technically it could be a challenge with Juve much stronger than Torino at the moment.

"He could have a lot to do against the Serie A champions. Since 1999 Torino have beaten their city rivals just once and that was back in 2015 with Giampiero Ventura, who is now manager of the Italian national side, in charge."

What style of football do Torino play?

PA: "Mihajlovic plays a 4-3-3 formation and sets up his team to play attacking football. However, Mihajlovic is not concerned about his goalkeeper playing football from the back. He doesn't want his defence taking unnecessary risks and playing in dangerous areas. It's a good fit for Hart."

Is it a good move for England?

PA: "It's a good move for England as well. Sam Allardyce has already told Hart he needs to be playing regularly to stay in his plans and Torino will give Hart the game time he needs."

What do the fans think about Hart's move?

PA: "The Torino supporters are enthusiastic about Hart's move to the club. They are all talking about the move and many are saying it's unbelievable that England's No 1 is coming to Torino.

"Hart's a big player and it's been a long time since Torino have been able to attract the big players to the club. The fans also think it's a good deal because Torino will only pay a part of Hart's wages."

How are the Italian media reacting to Hart's move?

PA: "They think it's an excellent move for Torino. Let's be honest, Torino are a middle club in Serie A at the moment and they've managed to attract England's No 1 to Italy.

"It's a really big move for Serie A so it's very important news in the Italian media."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11873/10558238/why-is-joe-hart-signing-for-torino-sky-in-italy-help-us-explain
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby BookJunior » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Any chance of reconciliation with Pep since he's on loan to Torino?

The cynic in me says no but a change of mind is not a sign of weakness in a manager.

I'd like to think it's possible.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:32 pm

Joe Hart end of an era
Wilf Bony end of an error
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Cocacolajojo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:32 pm

BookJunior wrote:Any chance of reconciliation with Pep since he's on loan to Torino?

The cynic in me says no but a change of mind is not a sign of weakness in a manager.

It seems to me that once he's made up his mind about a player, he doesn't go back. Ibra being the prime example. Don't know if I'm correct though, what say ye Pep experts out there?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:32 pm

BookJunior wrote:Any chance of reconciliation with Pep since he's on loan to Torino?

wasn't working on what Pep wanted before, and won't be doing it in Turin either it would seem.

This isn't emotional.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Joe Hart end of an era

Where's that Likey button?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:57 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:

wasn't working on what Pep wanted before, and won't be doing it in Turin either it would seem.

This isn't emotional.

cheers

I'm with you Gringo.
I don't understand this wanting Pep to change his mind. We haven't even seen where this team is going yet. Sure it could end badly, but so far I'm loving that everyone from fans to team to media are in no doubt as to who is in control of this team.
I don't think it's been that way for a while.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

love it
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

love it

Post of the last 10 mins that.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:19 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

love it

Post of the last 10 mins that.

+4
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby BookJunior » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:27 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:

This isn't emotional.

cheers

I still think Pep's making a mistake and nothing will convince me otherwise but his record speaks for itself. Caballero is ok as a reserve keeper but I would be fearful of our prospects with him as 1st choice.

Good job he's signed Bravo.
BookJunior

Postby Grandad Rosler » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:31 pm

BookJunior wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

This isn't emotional.

cheers

I still think Pep's making a mistake and nothing will convince me otherwise but his record speaks for itself. Caballero is ok as a reserve keeper but I would be fearful of our prospects with him as 1st choice.

Surely we've all seen though that Joe's distribution leaves a lot to be desired, which is an understatement. Im not a Joe hater but I think we will be better for it
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby bigblue » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Nice statement he put out on facebook:

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:57 pm

bigblue wrote:Nice statement he put out on facebook:

Very gracious indeed.

Hope he does well at Torino.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nick » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Sounds like he won't return for me

Obviously I've always been tough on Hart (because of his reluctance to work on his weaknesses, cocky/fake passion demeanor and love of opposing players ''being joe hart). But the guy has saved us on countless occasions (especially on the biggest stage) and he improved last year.

The biggest surprised are

1) going to torino

2) surely even city can't fuck up not getting a big fee for a 29 year old number 1 of england? Don't tell me he'll end up being loaned out until his deal expires.

As an aside, despite being here for years, he never says anything along the lines of 'im a blue' like zaba (who's argentinian ffs, micah, SWP etc) and it pisses me off.

Didn't everton offer 30 mill early in the summer?!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Nick wrote:Sounds like he won't return for me

Obviously I've always been tough on Hart (because of his reluctance to work on his weaknesses, cocky/fake passion demeanor and love of opposing players ''being joe hart). But the guy has saved us on countless occasions (especially on the biggest stage) and he improved last year.

The biggest surprised are

1) going to torino

2) surely even city can't fuck up not getting a big fee for a 29 year old number 1 of england? Don't tell me he'll end up being loaned out until his deal expires.

As an aside, despite being here for years, he never says anything along the lines of 'im a blue' like zaba (who's argentinian ffs, micah, SWP etc) and it pisses me off.

Didn't everton offer 30 mill early in the summer?!

Good luck to him, even if he is a rag lover.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:25 pm

BookJunior wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

This isn't emotional.

cheers

Look junior. Just chillax.

Anyone with two fucking eyes has been complaining about Joes shit distro for years. And he clearly didn't give enough fucks to show that he cared to mold himself differently. And now he's in Turin.

Love what he did for us. An amazing shotstopper and reaction goalie. Pep demands something different.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby BookJunior » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
BookJunior wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

This isn't emotional.

cheers

Anyone with two fucking eyes has been complaining about Joes shit distro for years. And he clearly didn't give enough fucks to show that he cared to mold himself differently. And now he's in Turin.

Love what he did for us. An amazing shotstopper and reaction goalie. Pep demands something different.

Cheers

I disagree with Pepe on this subject. That is all.

Having read his address I don't think he will come back anyway.

The best compliment I can give him is that he's the best since the days of Joe Corrigan in a tradition of awesome City keepers like Bert Trautmann and Frank Swift.

Torino have secured the services of a cracking good goalkeeper who could easily be worth 2 or 3 league positions next season.
BookJunior

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:22 pm

BookJunior wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
BookJunior wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

This isn't emotional.

cheers

Cheers

The best compliment I can give him is that he's the best since the days of Joe Corrigan in a tradition of awesome City keepers like Bert Trautmann and Frank Swift.

Torino have secured the services of a cracking good goalkeeper who could easily be worth 2 or 3 league positions next season.

Watch your vowels you fat fingered fuck.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:19 pm

BookJunior wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
BookJunior wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

This isn't emotional.

cheers

Cheers

I wouldn't necessarily want to disagree with your contention that Hart is the best since Joe Corrigan, because he may well be, but, just speaking personally, I find it a little disturbing for him to be mentioned in the same breath as Frank Swift and the great, incomparable and unbelievable Bert Trautmann.

These two were goalkeeping leviathans in a goalkeeping age so different from today. In fact, if they were playing today, in their prime, they would command fees that would make Pogba look like a cheapskate.

Trautmann's life and career reads like a best selling novel and he was the greatest goalkeeper I've ever seen, or will ever see.

Sorry to disagree and nit-pick with you - and no offence was intended - but that's just my opinion and I thought I should place it on record.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum