Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:16 am

Hart WAS the best Keeper in M/cr, when he left he was 2nd best. One worked on his game, the other is in Turin.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:25 am

Hazy2 wrote:Hart WAS the best Keeper in M/cr, when he left he was 2nd best. One worked on his game, the other is in Turin.

One stagnated, the other is overrated.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:01 am

Exam question: Corrigan was known for his blunders at the start of his City career. Hart became known for his blunders toward the end of his City career.

Discuss!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:07 am

john@staustell wrote:Exam question: Corrigan was known for his blunders at the start of his City career. Hart became known for his blunders toward the end of his City career.

Discuss!

Interestingly, when Joe Corrigan was starting his career with City, he was, at first, up against a youngster called Ron Healey who was a far more naturally talented 'keeper.

Corrigan worked his socks off to improve and the management kept faith with him and the rest, as they say, is history.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:22 am

Hazy2 wrote:Hart WAS the best Keeper in M/cr, when he left he was 2nd best. One worked on his game, the other is in Turin.

Who's the other one because it's not cabbage. He's perhaps worse than whem he got here.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:19 am

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:57 am

Not sure Bob needs to open his mouth. I realise he's probably been asked the question but why not just not do a 'Arry and say he hopes Hart does well?

I was speaking to one of Hart's best mates last night. Hart thinks he's been treated like shit since Pep has taken over and he was gutted at first not not anymore. Also said everything was done for him to go to Everton and they randomly pulled out at the last min.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:10 pm

Mase wrote:Not sure Bob needs to open his mouth. I realise he's probably been asked the question but why not just not do a 'Arry and say he hopes Hart does well?

I was speaking to one of Hart's best mates last night. Hart thinks he's been treated like shit since Pep has taken over and he was gutted at first not not anymore. Also said everything was done for him to go to Everton and they randomly pulled out at the last min.

At least Hart has kept his gob shut and at least in public he's said all the right things and been respectful to the fans.

I don't blame him for feeling hard done by. I'm a little uncomfortable about how we've treated a real modern club hero, but at the same time have to trust Pep's judgement.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:15 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Who's the other one because it's not cabbage. He's perhaps worse than whem he got here.

The swamps Goal minder.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:18 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
Mase wrote:Not sure Bob needs to open his mouth. I realise he's probably been asked the question but why not just not do a 'Arry and say he hopes Hart does well?

At least Hart has kept his gob shut and at least in public he's said all the right things and been respectful to the fans.

I don't blame him for feeling hard done by. I'm a little uncomfortable about how we've treated a real modern club hero, but at the same time have to trust Pep's judgement.

What makes you think he's been treated badly mate? He's on, what, £150k per week minimum. He's been asked to improve on certain things and hasn't done, or by the sounds of it he hasn't even bothered to try. So how is he hard done to?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:18 pm

Nick wrote:As an aside, despite being here for years, he never says anything along the lines of 'im a blue' like zaba (who's argentinian ffs, micah, SWP etc) and it pisses me off.

SomeMichaelGuy wrote:Image

He used a #onceablue hashtag once... Does that count? I'd rather he had just said it, or at least said it more often / publicly, still onto a new chapter and all that.
SomeMichaelGuy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Aguero / Sun Jihai

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:22 pm

Mase wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:

What makes you think he's been treated badly mate? He's on, what, £150k per week minimum. He's been asked to improve on certain things and hasn't done, or by the sounds of it he hasn't even bothered to try. So how is he hard done to?

Where'd you get that figure from Mase?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:25 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:

His mate.

"Is he renting his house whilst he's away"
"No! He's back in less than a year"
"I suppose no need to when you're on around £150k a week!"
"Exactly"

That's why I said '..what, £150k minimum'
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:

His mate.

"Is he renting his house whilst he's away"
"No! He's back in less than a year"
"I suppose no need to when you're on around £150k a week!"
"Exactly"

That's why I said '..what, £150k minimum'

Oh right, we're getting worse than the tabloids. Even the Sun don't quote his wages that high, they go for £135k, M****r £120k. Most of the more reputable sources say £110k.

I know I'm being pedantic but it bugs me seeing the tabloid press do it never mind ourselves joining in.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Exam question: Corrigan was known for his blunders at the start of his City career. Hart became known for his blunders toward the end of his City career.

Discuss!

Interestingly, when Joe Corrigan was starting his career with City, he was, at first, up against a youngster called Ron Healey who was a far more naturally talented 'keeper.

Corrigan worked his socks off to improve and the management kept faith with him and the rest, as they say, is history.

If memory serves, Ron Healey was a bit of a shorthouse. More pertinently we paid a record fee for Keith Mccrea. That's how much we didn't rate Big Joe. He saw them both off to become an international class keeper and our undisputed No1.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:08 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

The swamps Goal minder.

He's decent.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

The swamps Goal minder.

He's decent.

I agree, I thought it was very decent of him to help us qualify for this years Champions League

http://youtu.be/7BAui7piTNU
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Herb » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 am

Putting aside the the arguments re could hart have parked his incredible arrogance and made the effort and, if so, did he have it within him to get good enough. One really tangible result of him retiring to Italy is that our preparations for this years derby have some chance of remaining unknown to Mourinho because Joe won't be telling his rag mates what to expect.
Love him or loath him, no true blue could have respected him for him for proudly parading his relationship with Rooney as his best mate and his hanging out with the cocaine fiend and micro-nob. He was paid by us, supported by us but he chose to hang out with the red shite so it was never a surprise that the rags always new exactly how we'd set up against them was it!
Last edited by Herb on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:08 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Discuss!

If memory serves, Ron Healey was a bit of a shorthouse. More pertinently we paid a record fee for Keith Mccrea. That's how much we didn't rate Big Joe. He saw them both off to become an international class keeper and our undisputed No1.

You're right Piccs. I think Healey was a bit less than six foot.

One of my memories of him was that he was always injuring his fingers and having them dislocated.

I don't know what happened to him but he just seemed to fade out of the picture, whilst Joe just stuck at it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:14 am

Just going off at a tangent but, in that link, there's a sub article about how Anthony Martial had an affair and dumped his wife and young baby.

Seems as though he's following in the footsteps of 'The Family Man' at the Swamp.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum