Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:59 am

phips wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
sheblue wrote:The decision is made that he should go. After that it matters little where he goes. Just as long as he does go and is not sulking around the place stirring the shit pot.
It's best all round now that he goes sooner rather than later.

Yes, but this is England”s number one.

Well, was, Butland will take the place. Like it or not, he had a decent season last year and saved our arse in many situations, maybe one of the few that was constant last season. So, looking at that, imho, he should have a certain market value and demand.

Instead, he is going to Torino, a team that will finish 9 or 10. Saw them with Milan in the first fixture of the season and they were terrible.

I cannot understand why he is going on a loan there, when I can name a few teams that need a proper gk and have the money. If he is going just as a loan and without any buy clause, his market value will go to shit. His clean sheet record will also go to hell.

Weird as fuck for me and somewhat frustrating.

Agreed. odd one.

if the online rumors are believed we're paying £90k out of his £140k wages. so that means that no one better than Torino was interested in paying only £50k/week for England's (former) number 1 keeper. bizarre.

f rumours are to be believed Dortmund, Sevilla and Napoli were interested but yet we choose not to believe them rumours, funny that.

There's no guarantee that City would've let him go to any of those clubs or elsewhere for the same deal so there's nothing really but hearsay to back up the conclusion you've drawn.

I do find it interesting though that it's two of Mancini's mates that have signed him, the consensus was that Mancini wanted rid of Hart yet here we are, bizarre.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:51 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Some would argue that goalies look at their best when not at a top club because they are busier and more in the game. Concentration is less of an issue. Hart was excellent in that situation at Birmingham and less good at City when a bit-part player within a match. I think he will do well at Torino.

Yep, De Gea is always busy, not so much when he plays for Spain, watch your near post David.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:42 am

MUS wrote:Does this prove that he's overrated? No top club in Europe came in for him, which says a lot. If he was as good as we think he is then surely a top 6 club from any of the European leagues would have gone in for him.

For the record I think he's underrated

No it doesn't prove that at all.

1. We don't sell to our rivals. Do you really think only Aston Villa wanted Stephen Ireland when we wanted rid of him?

2. It only became clear that we wanted to sell Hart in mid-August. See Stuart Brennans twitter for example. By that time, most proper teams had their house in order and moreover, have stable first team goal keepers. Which major team in Europe was on the look out for a number one goalkeeper this summer? MOreover, who'd want to unsettle their number one by all of the sudden bringing in a new top keeper? Except Pep of course.

3. Again, returning to Stuart Brennan, the club did not prioritize a goal keeper this summer. Khaldoon singled him out (Khaldoon, such an overrater right?) in his end of the season broadcast and from what everyone understood, Hart was going to remain there. Someone here said that it was likely that Hart's displacement was long in the making because of the relationship between the GK coach and Pep but it seems it wasn't. Pep flipped and started playing Cabbage as a statement to the board and as we've made it very clear over the last 4 years that we are willing to let Pep do anything to us just to have him at our club, the board let him have his way.

Now, this, puts us in a very bad negotiating position and our options are obviously very limited. Everyone and his grandmother knows we are supporting Pep in this showdown and why would they then offer us anything but scraps? And why would we accept such deals?

But don't let any of this get in the way of bashing Hart.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:18 am

Napoli need a proper keeper. I think Dortmund also.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:30 am

PeterParker wrote:Napoli need a proper keeper. I think Dortmund also.

Napoli I don't know anything about so you may be right about that one. Dortmund however, it seems uncertain whether or not they're gonna give Bürki one more season or not, so I wouldn't say they're actively looking, especially with all the money they've spent this summer.

Perhaps Phips can fill us in on Dortmund?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Renato_CTID » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:50 am

Joe to Toro, really unbelievable for a City fan who lives in Torino like me! Granata actually has the weakest Serie A goal-keeper Padelli! And therefore another fellow Blue named Attilio Lombardo is working with their coach Sinisa Mihajlovic. Sinisa was also the first assistant od Bobby Manc from 2006 to 2008. Great days are coming for my Italian Blue Moon branch indeed!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:32 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Napoli need a proper keeper. I think Dortmund also.

Napoli I don't know anything about so you may be right about that one. Dortmund however, it seems uncertain whether or not they're gonna give Bürki one more season or not, so I wouldn't say they're actively looking, especially with all the money they've spent this summer.

Perhaps Phips can fill us in on Dortmund?

Last time I checked, Napoli had Reina.

Surely Hart would fill that. I mean, if Roma paid 20 mil for that clown from Arsenal.

Big question mark on the spafia on not being able to sell no one: Yaya, Joe, Mangala, Nasri.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Renato_CTID » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:48 am

Napoli? It should have been the worst place for Joe! They have also a enigmatic chairman like Aurelio De Laurentiis: a rich and true twat! You don't imagine how the pressure is heavy for all the players in that town! Torino is ideal for Joe and his family in the next few months!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:26 am

Renato_CTID wrote:Napoli? It should have been the worst place for Joe! They have also a enigmatic chairman like Aurelio De Laurentiis: a rich and true twat! You don't imagine how the pressure is heavy for all the players in that town! Torino is ideal for Joe and his family in the next few months!

Va bene.

I said weeks ago if I was Joe i would fuck off to Italy or Spain. Seems he listened.

Good work Joseph. Enjoy bro.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:if the online rumors are believed we're paying £90k out of his £140k wages. so that means that no one better than Torino was interested in paying only £50k/week for England's (former) number 1 keeper. bizarre.

If rumours are to be believed Dortmund, Sevilla and Napoli were interested but yet we choose not to believe them rumours, funny that.

There's no guarantee that City would've let him go to any of those clubs or elsewhere for the same deal so there's nothing really but hearsay to back up the conclusion you've drawn.

thank you for spelling out what i said. more words = smarter point.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:45 pm

phips wrote:
phips wrote:if the online rumors are believed we're paying £90k out of his £140k wages. so that means that no one better than Torino was interested in paying only £50k/week for England's (former) number 1 keeper. bizarre.

If rumours are to be believed Dortmund, Sevilla and Napoli were interested but yet we choose not to believe them rumours, funny that.

This cunt is on a wind up in every fucking thread.
Can't believe how long he's lasted. Must be one of the most successful trolls on here for a long time.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:51 pm

phips wrote:

Ok Phips, that's what you were saying, sure. I believe you, millions wouldn't but I do.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:57 pm

Seems to be getting a good reception in Turin, still a bizarre move but not a bad part of the world to be exiled to.
SomeMichaelGuy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Aguero / Sun Jihai

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:01 pm

Good for Joe. I didn't think he'd be the type to dare an adventure abroad and I think he will learn loads.
He might not have had too much of a choice, though.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:03 pm

SomeMichaelGuy wrote:Image

Seems to be getting a good reception in Turin, still a bizarre move but not a bad part of the world to be exiled to.

He looks like "OK THIS IS A WIND UP"
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby trueblue64 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:04 pm

There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
SomeMichaelGuy wrote:Image

He looks like "OK THIS IS A WIND UP"

Looks genuinely happy to be there in all the pictures I've seen......but maybe a year in Turin while on 150k/week is not so bad after all. Hope he does well there.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:51 pm

Weird as fuck seeing him hold up some other club's shirt.

Good luck Joe
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:55 pm

Good luck Joe. Enjoy your time and we'll wait and see if you come back to the PL. Hopefully so.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Good luck Joe. Enjoy your time and we'll wait and see if you come back to the PL. Hopefully so.

I doubt we will see him back at City whilst Pep is in charge. Wish him well
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum