Welcome Claudio Bravo (Finally)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Claudio Bravo

Postby Dwaring » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
PeterParker wrote:The thing is, Bravo is actually a leader, He is the captain of Chile for over a decade now and I think (not sure) he also was the leader of Sociedad.

Still a weird move for me.

I have expressed my love of the Chilean squad in the past as I think they've been the best team in the world over the last 16 months.

And Bravo has been key. He's fantastic and I think folks will enjoy him.

Cheers

I was able to see him live at the Copa America vs Panama and he was dog shit. Two huge errors down to his left (like someone else we know) and mishandled corner. I know he's good but let's not act like he's some savior..... Yes I'm just salty to see joe go.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:36 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
PeterParker wrote:The thing is, Bravo is actually a leader, He is the captain of Chile for over a decade now and I think (not sure) he also was the leader of Sociedad.

I have expressed my love of the Chilean squad in the past as I think they've been the best team in the world over the last 16 months.

Cheers

I like him too, I think he is class, but I am worried about crosses and away games with teams that are based on force.

Both Bravo and Ter Stegen come from a team that has 60 % of the ball in almost every game and they either sleep in goal or receive 2 goals and Barca scores 7.

If he comes here, would he have a really instant impact? That is the question to ask.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby phips » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
blues2win wrote:In due course I expect City will excercise their option to buy Rulli who would replace Caballero. The plan is probably that he would take over from Bravo in the long term if he develops as expected.

Bingo.

Widely believed we tried to convince Rulli into signing with us this summer but were unable as we couldn't give him assurances over playing time. However with Bravo coming in convincing him in a year or two won't be so hard, certainly would've been harder if Joe were number one. Also in the run up to that event we get use of a cracking keeper in Bravo and Rulli gets two seasons of full top flight football.

Win. Win.

then why sell him? why not just loan him?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:48 pm

phips wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
blues2win wrote:In due course I expect City will excercise their option to buy Rulli who would replace Caballero. The plan is probably that he would take over from Bravo in the long term if he develops as expected.

Bingo.

Widely believed we tried to convince Rulli into signing with us this summer but were unable as we couldn't give him assurances over playing time. However with Bravo coming in convincing him in a year or two won't be so hard, certainly would've been harder if Joe were number one. Also in the run up to that event we get use of a cracking keeper in Bravo and Rulli gets two seasons of full top flight football.

Win. Win.

then why sell him? why not just loan him?

We have just loaned him, until December, Sociedad then have the option to buy at a set price, after a couple of years we then have the option to buy back at a set price.

That's my understanding of the deal.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:50 pm

this guy had better be fucking perfect
first fuck up and i'll be all him over like carl on 'roids.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby kinkylola » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:09 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

Cheers

I like him too, I think he is class, but I am worried about crosses and away games with teams that are based on force.

Both Bravo and Ter Stegen come from a team that has 60 % of the ball in almost every game and they either sleep in goal or receive 2 goals and Barca scores 7.

If he comes here, would he have a really instant impact? That is the question to ask.

I think we've seen that with Pep's system, being able to play the way he wants is more important. Did we also have 75% possession vs. Sunderland? I don't think that will be a huge outlier this season. Being able to use the keeper in build up and passing possession is a large part of the philosophy, Joe has indicated on some level that he isn't willing to change. Ok, we play the players that are willing to adopt the philosophy. It's necessary to the system and it's also a huge power play, which I prefer to come from the manager rather than players sabotaging our own efforts ala Hart / Mancini, etc ...
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Suposedly cleaned out his stuff from Barcas stadium.
Seems inevitable.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Suposedly cleaned out his stuff from Barcas stadium.
Seems inevitable.

He's definitely coming this week.

Their sporting director already said we have an agreement with them and they've now bought this Dutch/Ajax keeper Cillessen as his replacement as well.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:21 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:this guy had better be fucking perfect

I hear your frustration, and I'm a huge Hart fan, but this doesn't sound too fair to Bravo. It's not his fault. Blame Pep.

If anything Claudio needs our backing so the media and xenophobic fans don't come after him because the "dirty Arabs" replaced an Englishman and proceeded to "ruin his career."
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:23 pm

PrezIke wrote:

I hear your frustration, and I'm a huge Hart fan, but this doesn't sound too fair to Bravo. It's not his fault. Blame Pep.

If anything Claudio needs our backing so the media and xenophobic fans don't come after him because the "dirty Arabs" replaced an Englishman and proceeded to "ruin his career."

Are you new? When has Carl ever been fair?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:14 am

Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Bit fuckign harsh.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:30 am

Not sure it's a competition for least cockups. It's about playing style and also these persistent rumours about Hart undermining Mancini and Pelle and generally getting far too cocky and big for his boots.

Txiki, Soriano and Pep will have planned for 3 years in some things.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:53 am

PrezIke wrote: It's not his fault. Blame Pep.
-
very brave remark - I salute you
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:30 am

Barca have given him permission to miss training. I expect him in for a medical on Monday or at the latest Tuesday. Willy will probably play in goal on Wednesday; obviously Bravo isn't eligible so I guess his debut will be on Sunday against West Ham.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Been a long time since we signed a first team keeper - Coton?

I remember being pretty gobsmacked when Mark Schwarzer chose Bradford over us. To be fair it was the right move at the time and didn't do him any harm.

If he'd chosen City he might have played for us for years and we might never have signed Hart
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Bit fuckign harsh.

Unfair even?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Dwaring wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

Cheers

I was able to see him live at the Copa America vs Panama and he was dog shit. Two huge errors down to his left (like someone else we know) and mishandled corner. I know he's good but let's not act like he's some savior..... Yes I'm just salty to see joe go.

He is a fantastic keeper. Can't believe he made two errors in a match chile won 4-2 when it didn't matter and was nearly perfect in a final where they beat the Argies. What a shitty keeper.

Every keeper makes mistakes. Read what I wrote above. It didn't even take him one match before someone's pulling him up for a couple errors in June. Against Panama. In a game they won. In a tournament they won.

Fucktardation really.

He's a keeper who is going to play the game Pep wants. End of story. This isn't complex. Pep's done the math. He knows the score here my friend.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:30 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Bit fuckign harsh.

Unfair even?

Slim was an executioner in his last life and a fuckign cunt in this one.....I like him.

One slip up on his written English though , and Ill be all over it like a rash.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim was an executioner in his last life and a fuckign cunt in this one.....I like him.

One slip up on his written English though , and Ill be all over it like a rash.

*I'll
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:28 pm

ffs why the hand wringing and bitterness over joe effing hart, of all players? bc hes english?? an average keeper with a poor attitude whos (allegedly) been too busy working to undermine our managers to bother improving his game. fans are hard to understand sometimes.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum