***Official FCSB - City***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official FCSB - City***

Postby bluemoon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:16 pm

OK they were a bit shit, but feck me, it's hard not getting a little giddy with some of the football on display and the obvious change in the players attitudes and performances.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sidSmith » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:22 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Has anybody seen Bucharest's twitter? Fucking hilarious.

Hilarious isn't the word I'd use. It's the sort of shit rags come up with all the time. Don't find that hilarious either, just fucking irritating.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:06 pm

sidSmith wrote:

Hilarious isn't the word I'd use. It's the sort of shit rags come up with all the time. Don't find that hilarious either, just fucking irritating.

Laugh at it mate. It's the talk of losers.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:55 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
sidSmith wrote:

We were playing football for 70 years before thise fucking lepers were founded.

No mark of a shitty club with a shitty stadium.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:02 am

bluemoon wrote:OK they were a bit shit, but feck me, it's hard not getting a little giddy with some of the football on display and the obvious change in the players attitudes and performances.

Definitely not getting giddy after that. We struggled to get past a defensively organised Slumberland and will probably have a tough time agaimnst Stoke. They will have seen this game and realise you don't over commit against a quality side like City, not that they needed to see how good we can be if given space.

FCSB were dreadful and badly set up for the game. But it was a delight to see the way we moved the ball around and with good first touches and good movement we did look the business. Forget the penalties,the finishing wasn't as good as it should have been.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:58 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
bluemoon wrote:OK they were a bit shit, but feck me, it's hard not getting a little giddy with some of the football on display and the obvious change in the players attitudes and performances.

Forget the penalties,the finishing wasn't as good as it should have been.

The goalie put on a world class display...the shots at goal were top class and would have beaten most keepers.

He played out of his skin.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:33 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Forget the penalties,the finishing wasn't as good as it should have been.

The goalie put on a world class display...the shots at goal were top class and would have beaten most keepers.

He played out of his skin.

Yet Silva and Aguero both missed chances they should've buried.(Not the penalties, but also...COME ON KUN, WTF?)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:52 am

who were #7 and #30? they looked nothing like the Sterling and Otamendi of last season. hell, Otamendi didnt dive in unnecessarily once!

im curious,
i thought fans were boycotting the Steaua matches? seemed decently full??
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby phips » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:55 am

PeterParker wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Looking forward to the second leg.....goal fest time.

Don't think so, we should rest our players. We are through already.

or, on the flip side, play a strong team again so they can get more match time in the new system.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:19 am

So we're getting shit all over social media for only taking 500 and giving back 2500 tickets?

These pricks have to grasp at anything don't they.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dazby » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:20 am

A great chance to play some kids in the home leg.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:36 am

PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
PeterParker wrote:OMG

OMG

You cannot understand, but it seems that on the stand you see in front it is written: DOAR DINAMO BUCUREȘTI. It means, IT IS JUST DINAMO BUCURESTI. Looks like the fans of Dinamo broke in and put a fake coregraphy and the idiots were sure that was theirs.

I have never seen anything like this in my entire life.

That's quite a funny prank.

And they are still keeping it. Fuck me. Fucking idiots.

funny but quite shocking when you think about it. serious questions have to be asked over security/organisation. if i was city (or john from st austell) i'd be writing a very strongly worded letter of complaint.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:27 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
PeterParker wrote:OMG

OMG

You cannot understand, but it seems that on the stand you see in front it is written: DOAR DINAMO BUCUREȘTI. It means, IT IS JUST DINAMO BUCURESTI. Looks like the fans of Dinamo broke in and put a fake coregraphy and the idiots were sure that was theirs.

I have never seen anything like this in my entire life.

That's quite a funny prank.

And they are still keeping it. Fuck me. Fucking idiots.

funny but quite shocking when you think about it. serious questions have to be asked over security/organisation. if i was city (or john from st austell) i'd be writing a very strongly worded letter of complaint.

I agree and that might happend in a normal world, but here it doesn't.

After the game circulated the info that the owner (moneylender how I like to call him) actually paid the coregraphy. The idiot was approached by some "fans" that wanted to make a special coregraphy for the team, the cretin bought it and gave them cash not knowing it was the Dinamo fans who are preparing for the game against them on saturday.

Those fans deserve every single humiliation like that since they decided to be by this fucker side. You cannot educate romanian football fans, you simply cannot. The ones that let that incident happend last night are the ones that let Steaua die and went by the side of a rasist that shouted last night on tv: I believe that after the SF Mary celebration on the 15th, the muslim team cannot beat me. Money cannot beat religion.

And regarding that Twitter account from above, it is not official, it is probably from a romanian fan that still thinks our owner is coming on a camel at the ground.

Hard to describe all of it, it could take ages, but let's say what happend last night was the best thing that could happend to the real Steaua Bucuresti, both on and off the pitch.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:28 am

Mase wrote:So we're getting shit all over social media for only taking 500 and giving back 2500 tickets?

These pricks have to grasp at anything don't they.

Still 500 more fans than those rag dickheads will be taking to any Champions League game this season !
Just remind the thick cunts that the Thursday night shit starts soon .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby City64 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:30 am

Will be interesting v Stoke on Saturday , they will try and kick fuck out of us more than ever now .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:04 am

phips wrote:who were #7 and #30? they looked nothing like the Sterling and Otamendi of last season. hell, Otamendi didnt dive in unnecessarily once!

Guardiola was delighted with City's performance but less happy with defender Nicolas Otamendi for lunging into a tackle in City's penalty box before half-time. He even gave the Argentine a dig in the ribs to reinforce his point.
'I don't like it when central defenders go down on the pitch,' said Guardiola. 'But we are here to get him better.
'Players make mistakes when they play. When this happens we are there to tell them in a good way.
'They are intelligent, they are professionals. They know everything we say is for the best for the team.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:59 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
phips wrote:who were #7 and #30? they looked nothing like the Sterling and Otamendi of last season. hell, Otamendi didnt dive in unnecessarily once!

Guardiola was delighted with City's performance but less happy with defender Nicolas Otamendi for lunging into a tackle in City's penalty box before half-time. He even gave the Argentine a dig in the ribs to reinforce his point.
'I don't like it when central defenders go down on the pitch,' said Guardiola. 'But we are here to get him better.
'Players make mistakes when they play. When this happens we are there to tell them in a good way.
'They are intelligent, they are professionals. They know everything we say is for the best for the team.

Excellent approach.

To my mind, the more we find out about Pep and the way he goes about things, the more impressive he seems to be.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:32 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
sidSmith wrote:

We were playing football for 70 years before thise fucking lepers were founded.

No mark of a shitty club with a shitty stadium.

It was probably a rag that created that. Bucharest doesn't have a Twitter account only Facebook.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby phips » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

i dont remember that at all. ah well.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I want to know why Nigelstackle thinks Nolito is shit ?

I think we should be told.

if we were playing a half decent side you'd all be saying the same thing. gave the ball away far too many times. he's also too slow.
can't believe that, with all your footballing 'knowledge', you can't see that??

He started off shaky but then got into the groove...I like him and more importantly he seems to click with Serge and Silva.

He played well overall..............and remember , its only his second game for us.

Nolito didn't impress me first half at all, but to be fair he wasn't alone in my criticism of the forwards.
I think the opposition were totally disorganised and as it turned out this proved to be an ideal game for our forward line, who apart from Sterling have not looked sharp at all. We were given so many chances that it was like an extra practice game in the end where we got more time for our players to try all the moves they've obviously bee working on. The five goals were terrific moves and you can see that this is going to be something special when it does finally click.
I think Nolito and silva in particular started to find their touch and weight of pass through perseverence. Aguero showed three sublime finishes after squandering as many. Yes their keeper played well but I really think we should, not could have scored five more. But you can't complain with the night's work.
There is definitely a plan on show in the two games so far. That is the most encouraging thing. Last night we showed that we will not take our foot off the gas at 2-0, or 3-0, if you keep giving us target practice. That's good. There are a lot of positives on display.
I think in the end Nolito showed enough to give the impression that, wiyth a few more games under his belt, getting to know his team mates, he will be a good addition to the squad.

Now let's see what we do at Stoke. That will be a truer reflection on how this team will do, this season. I'm loving it so far.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum