***Official FCSB - City***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official FCSB - City***

Postby bluemoon » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
bluemoon wrote:OK they were a bit shit, but feck me, it's hard not getting a little giddy with some of the football on display and the obvious change in the players attitudes and performances.

Definitely not getting giddy after that. We struggled to get past a defensively organised Slumberland and will probably have a tough time agaimnst Stoke. They will have seen this game and realise you don't over commit against a quality side like City, not that they needed to see how good we can be if given space.

FCSB were dreadful and badly set up for the game. But it was a delight to see the way we moved the ball around and with good first touches and good movement we did look the business. Forget the penalties,the finishing wasn't as good as it should have been.

Only a little giddy Doug :) I share your concerns about our struggles breaking down Sunderland, and obviously Stoke will be a different prospect to FCSB but the potential is definitely there and the finishing wasn't any worse than last season. IMO the difference between Saturday and last night was our overall tempo and improved passing in the final third. I don't care how many players opposing teams have behind the ball, if we play the quick direct passing game rather than slow tippy tappy crap, then teams simply won't be able to cope. It might take a little while before we're firing on all cylinders but I'm fairly optimistic about where we're headed.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:23 pm

It's going to take time to perfect the system. But it will be worth the wait, already we have seen considerable and positive changes.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
phips wrote:who were #7 and #30? they looked nothing like the Sterling and Otamendi of last season. hell, Otamendi didnt dive in unnecessarily once!

Guardiola was delighted with City's performance but less happy with defender Nicolas Otamendi for lunging into a tackle in City's penalty box before half-time. He even gave the Argentine a dig in the ribs to reinforce his point.
'I don't like it when central defenders go down on the pitch,' said Guardiola. 'But we are here to get him better.
'Players make mistakes when they play. When this happens we are there to tell them in a good way.
'They are intelligent, they are professionals. They know everything we say is for the best for the team.

Well sliding tackles are about 60% of Otamendi's game
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:13 pm

PeterParker wrote:And regarding that Twitter account from above, it is not official, it is probably from a romanian fan that still thinks our owner is coming on a camel at the ground.

Kinky
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:48 pm

Justified logic wrote:
PeterParker wrote:And regarding that Twitter account from above, it is not official, it is probably from a romanian fan that still thinks our owner is coming on a camel at the ground.

Kinky

one hump or two?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:07 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Kinky

one hump or two?

If our owner was coming on a camel at the ground, surely the old bill would be dragging him away, He might own the club, but that's just flipin wrong !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:36 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Kinky

one hump or two?

If our owner was coming on a camel at the ground, surely the old bill would be dragging him away, He might own the club, but that's just flipin wrong !

Diplomatic camel plates mate.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:48 am

he'll be coming on a camel
when he comes
he'll be coming on a camel
when he comes
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site