***Official: City v Stoke Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official: City v Stoke Match Thread***

Postby bigblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:46 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
Mase wrote:Does Sergio just permanently walk with a limp?!

He actually has one leg longer than the other, it's quite serious tbh.

So did Garrincha and he was one of the best players of all time
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:47 pm

Not gonna argue the sterling one as it was ridiculous play not to watch the ball. Hard to defend even if it was soft as fuck.

But it was a scrappy windy shitty match that we won by a margin. Pep gets abuse for wanting to win pretty, so surely winning a match in a crappy fashion deserves credit. His tactics killed the game off ffs. Learning already.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby phips » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:47 pm

Slim wrote:Nolito is such a pretty player, what subs by His Pepness. Ian and Nolito reinvigorated our forward line.

i like the enthusiasm but when looking shaky at 2-1 who else was he going to bring on?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:51 pm

sidSmith wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
bigblue wrote:Oooooh I'm loving it!!

That dummy by Nacho and unselfishness by Raheem... It's just so so nice

Quality stuff. Peps way.

This. Great to see them play as a team. Couldn't give give 2 shits who scores if we win 4-1 at Stoke!

I don't think it was a dummy by Nacho ; it looked like a really subtle back-heel , I think he touched it , deliberately ....
Anyone else think so ?
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby sidSmith » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:51 pm

phips wrote:
Slim wrote:Nolito is such a pretty player, what subs by His Pepness. Ian and Nolito reinvigorated our forward line.

i like the enthusiasm but when looking shaky at 2-1 who else was he going to bring on?

What? Could have gone defensive to try and sit on it, inviting pressure like our previous manager(s). Delph, Fernando, Clichy to name 3 other subs he could have used.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:53 pm

nottsblue wrote:A scruffy 1-0 will do me. Nolito to score

One out of two I'll settle for.

4-1 at a ground we have won only once in seven years is decent. Irrelevant at this stage of the season how good we look or cohesive. It's all about learning Peps way and making sure we get results. Once we master the system then we will be on fire. As if nine goals in two away games is not great
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:53 pm

What bitter cunts Quinn and Souness are. Fuck off the pair of you.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:55 pm

We looked a bit leggy second half. That non penalty and booking for Raheem was laughable by Dean. It seemed to throw us out of our stride.
KDB is not up to speed yet and wasn't great.
I think Mase mentioned that Kun always runs behind his man and I agree. It made Sterling and Navas dwell too long before passing. Nullified s lot of our threat second half.
Navas off and Sterling switching to the right made a big difference.
Nacho coming on just topped it off.
Two totally positive substitutions and it paid off.
Fabulous cameo from Nacho. He obviously took on board whatever bollocking he got about not passing to Delph last week and layed it on a plate for Nolito.
Sublime dummy for Sterling to race through and do the same. Game over points in the bag. Pep will be delighted with that.
I know I am. We have a team here. And they will only get better.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sidSmith » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:57 pm

blues2win wrote:What bitter cunts Quinn and Souness are. Fuck off the pair of you.

Wow. Just fucking wow!
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Souness and Quinny aren't usually that bitter and by listening to the question set it's easy to see that the script is set. Stoke are the usual stoic team who adapt and overcome yet when we do it the talk is all about how Stoke were so poor.

Sky were all after a Stoke comeback to allow their pre-conceived writings being thrown out to the glorious Rag hoards.

We win away to Stoke under very difficult circumstances. Nothing more to say.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:11 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:We looked a bit leggy second half. That non penalty and booking for Raheem was laughable by Dean. It seemed to throw us out of our stride.
I think Mase mentioned that Kun always runs behind his man and I agree. It made Sterling and Navas dwell too long before passing. Nullified s lot of our threat second half.
Fabulous cameo from Nacho. He obviously took on board whatever bollocking he got about not passing to Delph last week and layed it on a plate for Nolito.
Sublime dummy for Sterling to race through and do the same. Game over points in the bag. Pep will be delighted with that.

Whether, or not, Nolito will turn out to be a veritable 'goal machine' (??) remains to be seen.

However, he was in the right place at the right times to score and that's a nice habit to have. Long may this continue.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Wooooooo, top of the league!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:17 pm

So the two blatant fouls by AutonomomoVic on Zabs are ok . The raking of Silva's calf is o.k, but Sterling's innocuous hands up is a penalty. Shawcross also had his arms out pushing at Sterling.

See how Dean lightly gave city players yellow cards and compare it to what he missed from the stoke players. Two times also players were taken out off the ball and they didn't show any replays. Dean was rubbish today and not just against City, for both teams.
Last edited by zuricity on Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:We looked a bit leggy second half. That non penalty and booking for Raheem was laughable by Dean. It seemed to throw us out of our stride.

Whether, or not, Nolito will turn out to be a veritable 'goal machine' (??) remains to be seen.

However, he was in the right place at the right times to score and that's a nice habit to have. Long may this continue.

Wonder how his goals per minute for us compares to the much quicker Navas?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:28 pm

zuricity wrote:So the two blatant fouls by AutonomomoVic on Zabs are ok . The raking of Silva's calf is o.k, but Sterling's innocuous hands up is a penalty. Shawcross also had his arms out pushing at Sterling.

See how Dean lightly gave city players yellow cards and compare it to what he missed from the stoke players. Two times also players were taken out off the ball and they didn't show any replays. Dean was rubbish today and not just against City, for both teams.

What annoys me most is his face gestures when he's talking to the players. Is he in pantomime?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:32 pm

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:So the two blatant fouls by AutonomomoVic on Zabs are ok . The raking of Silva's calf is o.k, but Sterling's innocuous hands up is a penalty. Shawcross also had his arms out pushing at Sterling.

What annoys me most is his face gestures when he's talking to the players. Is he in pantomime?

By the letter of the law Dean was correct in giving both. Regardless of the fact that none of those would have been given before today (didn't happen last night) doesn't mean that they aren't an offence.

I like Dean, and if the refereeing continues in this vein, we'll be quids in.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

By the letter of the law Dean was correct in giving both. Regardless of the fact that none of those would have been given before today (didn't happen last night) doesn't mean that they aren't an offence.

I like Dean, and if the refereeing continues in this vein, we'll be quids in.

I seem to recall news over the summer about a change in focus on shirt pulling and nonsense in the box, but I didn't notice much change last week. I hope this does signal a real change to the way games are refereed in that area of the pitch, as corners are a fucking shambles more akin to wwe these days.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:39 pm

blues2win wrote:What bitter cunts Quinn and Souness are. Fuck off the pair of you.

Yes they are horrible. It took me back to that fantastic win away at Palace when we won the league in 2014 and Souness said we hadn't played like champions the bitter tw@. The following week the dippers drew that having been 3 up. Karma karma karma
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:40 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Wonder how his goals per minute for us compares to the much quicker Navas?

Imagine his goals per minute ratio is better than Navas' goals per game ratio
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:43 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

Yes they are horrible. It took me back to that fantastic win away at Palace when we won the league in 2014 and Souness said we hadn't played like champions the bitter tw@. The following week the dippers drew that having been 3 up. Karma karma karma

Indeed. And Dippers are 2-0 down at Burnley now.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum