***Official: City v Stoke Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official: City v Stoke Match Thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:59 am

A bit after the fact but did anybody see a couple of incidents that seemed to be missed by the pundits?

1. During the build up to the 1st Nolito goal (I think), Sterling was running through from the right wing but ended up in a heap. What happened?

2. After the Sergio header, again there seemed to be a couple of players in a heap in the box. What happened?

I'm just thinking of the officials performances, and in particular, the things missed when Stoke seemed to have free will to hurt our players.

Ps. The penalty against Raheem should never have been.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:29 am

Beefymcfc wrote:A bit after the fact but did anybody see a couple of incidents that seemed to be missed by the pundits?

1. During the build up to the 1st Nolito goal (I think), Sterling was running through from the right wing but ended up in a heap. What happened?

2. After the Sergio header, again there seemed to be a couple of players in a heap in the box. What happened?

I'm just thinking of the officials performances, and in particular, the things missed when Stoke seemed to have free will to hurt our players.

Ps. The penalty against Raheem should never have been.

The penalty against Sterling was incredibly soft and seemed to be as a compensation for missing the penalty that should have been given against Kolarov or - as to my knowledge no other penalties have been given for corner wrestling this season - more worryingly Dean may have been given the official message to even it up and then desist.

For the post Aguero header situation (2), see my two screenshots on the previous page. Whelan seemed put his left arm over the top of Aguero's back and then bring his right arm down, whacking either his other arm or Aguero, and Aguero, almost falling down, was propelled away.

I was thinking of posting screenshots of Pieters' assault on Sterling (1) as well. This started just past the halfway line and went on for several yards, right in front of the linesman and in full view of Dean, until Pieters eventually managed to grapple Sterling to the ground. We were lucky though. If the ref had been Clattenberg he would have blown for the foul just as Nolito was pulling the trigger.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:42 am

I think the worst one was the two-footed lunge through the air by Bardsley early on, on Silva (?). Hardly mentioned by any pundit except Davy Provan at the time (only)

Another day that would've been a straight red.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:09 am

john@staustell wrote:I think the worst one was the two-footed lunge through the air by Bardsley early on, on Silva (?). Hardly mentioned by any pundit except Davy Provan at the time (only)

Thankfully Silva saw it coming and managed to get out of the way otherwise he could have had his leg snapped, disgusting challenge.

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:52 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I think the worst one was the two-footed lunge through the air by Bardsley early on, on Silva (?). Hardly mentioned by any pundit except Davy Provan at the time (only)

Thankfully Silva saw it coming and managed to get out of the way otherwise he could have had his leg snapped, disgusting challenge.

There was only one thing in Bardsleys mind. The ball was there for him to win and there was absolutely no reason to mistime that or go over the top.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

There was only one thing in Bardsleys mind. The ball was there for him to win and there was absolutely no reason to mistime that or go over the top.

Ex rag he smelt him a mile away !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:00 pm

Cheers fellas, there were quite a few missed incidents and some of them couldve been reds. Along with the shite Raheem decision (there's nothing in the laws to say Raheem has to watch the ball) you have to say it was a very poor performance from what i consider the best referee in the league. By evening up the Stoke penalty claim he then manages to get 2 major calls wrong rather than one.

As alluded to, if the officials didn't see the Stoke incident, how could they then even it up unless they were instructed from an outside source?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers fellas, there were quite a few missed incidents and some of them couldve been reds. Along with the shite Raheem decision (there's nothing in the laws to say Raheem has to watch the ball) you have to say it was a very poor performance from what i consider the best referee in the league. By evening up the Stoke penalty claim he then manages to get 2 major calls wrong rather than one.

As alluded to, if the officials didn't see the Stoke incident, how could they then even it up unless they were instructed from an outside source?

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers fellas, there were quite a few missed incidents and some of them couldve been reds. Along with the shite Raheem decision (there's nothing in the laws to say Raheem has to watch the ball) you have to say it was a very poor performance from what i consider the best referee in the league. By evening up the Stoke penalty claim he then manages to get 2 major calls wrong rather than one.

There is also nothing in the rules about putting your hands on another player. They are making stuff up.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

There is also nothing in the rules about putting your hands on another player. They are making stuff up.

Exactly mate and as Shawcross stated himself, Raheem didn't impede his run/jump and he couldn't believe it was given. He did mention that they were warned over the incident where he gave a penalty (and about time an'all) but no warning regarding what Raheem did.

So, yes, he made it up and probably due to the earlier claim. But that means he has had external influence from somewhere to find a way to even it up, and that is my concern. That and the horrible tackles shown above should not be tolerated. Any other club would have protection from these events but it seems we are left to be shot at and possibly hurt in the process.

Fucking stinks!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:23 pm

That Jasper Carrot is a funny bloke ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

That Jasper Carrot is a funny bloke ;-)

Nice one Beefy.

Mind you, he's a better comedian than he was a guitarist, which isn't saying much.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum