Kids tomorrow

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kids tomorrow

Postby Tony P » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:31 am

So can we expect to see some? I reckon Delph, Ian Nacho, Fernando, Sagna and Clichy will play. Will Tosin and Angelino get a look in?
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Kids tomorrow

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:35 am

I think Sagna was injured at the weekend, so Maffeo (who was on the bench) more likely.

Delph, Fernando, Ian Nacho, Nolito, Clichy, Kolarov at CB (Ota has some tendon problem and will be rested again I think)

I wouldn't get too excited about kids as there is always the potential to fall flat on ones face - and I don't think Pep will risk that. Even a defeat of any kind would be hugely embarrassing.

But no reason why 3 second half subs cant all be kids once we are 10-0 up on agg.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:46 am

pep will pick the right side
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Justified logic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:44 am

This is the squad notified to UEFA for the two Steaua games:

Hart, Caballero, Gunn,

Sagna, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Stones, Adarabioyo, Kolarov, Clichy, Angelino,

Fernando, Fernandinho, Delph, Nolito, Silva, Navas, De Bruyne, Sterling, Iheanacho, Aguero

It will be interesting to see whether Hart or Gunn starts.

Maffeo was not named in the squad but I don't know whether that would preclude him from playing - whether only named players can play or whether Pep just included some youths instead of the more senior players he was omitting.

I'd be surprised if Adarabioyo, Angelino and Iheanacho don't start after their performances in preseason.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:29 am

Justified logic wrote:This is the squad notified to UEFA for the two Steaua games:

Hart, Caballero, Gunn,

Sagna, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Stones, Adarabioyo, Kolarov, Clichy, Angelino,

Fernando, Fernandinho, Delph, Nolito, Silva, Navas, De Bruyne, Sterling, Iheanacho, Aguero

It will be interesting to see whether Hart or Gunn starts.

Maffeo was not named in the squad but I don't know whether that would preclude him from playing - whether only named players can play or whether Pep just included some youths instead of the more senior players he was omitting.

I'd be surprised if Adarabioyo, Angelino and Iheanacho don't start after their performances in preseason.

I'd be surprised if Tosin starts - his 'performances in pre-season' included giving the ball away in very dangerous areas several times. I think 'he's clearly an excellent player and will learn, but maybe not be risked yet?

Maybe so, who really knows our Pep?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:37 am

I think the squad above denotes who was travelling to Bucharest for the first leg.

Maffeo is on the B list, among others, so would be eligible for the return leg.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... index.html
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:34 am

It's tricky because I can see Pep wanting to use this as a game to help with preparation for the season given the need to work out kinks in our play, so perhaps not too many will play as some will hope.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:39 am

How about Kompany, Aladdin and Gundogan?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... n-11786221?
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:43 am

PrezIke wrote:It's tricky because I can see Pep wanting to use this as a game to help with preparation for the season given the need to work out kinks in our play, so perhaps not too many will play as some will hope.

True but there's a few that could do with a rest too, between preseason and the opening fixtures there's some that have already accumulated a lot of minutes, Fernandinho, Kolarov, Silva for example.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby phips » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:59 pm

i think it'll just be Nacho, Maffeo, and maybe Garcia.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:11 pm

Having read Pep's comments on the game i suspect he'll put out pretty much full squad less 2 or 3 tops as he's made it very clear it aint over until its over.

I guess we will learn if Joe is on his way or not depending on if he plays. It's as simple as if he plays him, Joe has decided to stay and fight. Not played then it's to prevent him from becoming "tied" in UCL opening him up to bigger clubs in chumps league.

Once we've put the home tie to bed (2-0 or greater at half time), then is the time to make changes and give youngsters a chance.

I was in two minds whether to bother watching it to be honest, but can't stop myself now SO SO glad we have proper football back :-)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:14 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Having read Pep's comments on the game i suspect he'll put out pretty much full squad less 2 or 3 tops as he's made it very clear it aint over until its over.

I guess we will learn if Joe is on his way or not depending on if he plays. It's as simple as if he plays him, Joe has decided to stay and fight. Not played then it's to prevent him from becoming "tied" in UCL opening him up to bigger clubs in chumps league.

Once we've put the home tie to bed (2-0 or greater at half time), then is the time to make changes and give youngsters a chance.

I was in two minds whether to bother watching it to be honest, but can't stop myself now SO SO glad we have proper football back :-)

Don't think playing in qualifiers cup ties a player.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:27 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Having read Pep's comments on the game i suspect he'll put out pretty much full squad less 2 or 3 tops as he's made it very clear it aint over until its over.

OK, I just assumed it did, in that case IF he is off then a chance for the home support to give him a respectable send off, as person he deserves that.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:01 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

OK, I just assumed it did, in that case IF he is off then a chance for the home support to give him a respectable send off, as person he deserves that.

I was doubting myself so looked it up, it's the second question down on this page

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... 77105.html
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Return to The Maine Football forum