****Official : Man City v West Ham Thread****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****Official : Man City v West Ham Thread****

Postby s1ty m » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:16 pm

I'd like to see City fans raise the issue of Quinn in general. He's in our Hall of Fame. Get the fuck out mate, you seem to hate us and you have an agenda. I've said this before but others seem to give him a pass. He's a shit.a complete shit.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby s1ty m » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:16 pm

I'd like to see City fans raise the issue of Quinn in general. He's in our Hall of Fame. Get the fuck out mate, you seem to hate us and you have an agenda. I've said this before but others seem to give him a pass. He's a shit.a complete shit.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:31 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:Was at fault for the goal and kept doing the overlap which is not the style Pep is trying to instil.

Clichy was much tighter to their players.

Not having a go at him but he was the weak link today.

Do you think those 20 minutes is what Pep was looking for?

The whole team were at fault for the goal, Zab's is just a figure to point at.

We lost it, mentally, but players like Zab's instilled it back into us.

Oh right, what's Kolarov done now?!

Chuckle, chuckle.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:32 pm

s1ty m wrote:I'd like to see City fans raise the issue of Quinn in general. He's in our Hall of Fame. Get the fuck out mate, you seem to hate us and you have an agenda. I've said this before but others seem to give him a pass. He's a shit.a complete shit.

Absolutely.

Well said.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:13 pm

MOTD highlights showed a proper one sided affair. Fair play. Half decent analysis as well.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:17 pm

london blue 2 wrote:MOTD highlights showed a proper one sided affair. Fair play. Half decent analysis as well.

I thought so too. Mentioned it in the Sergio ban thread.
They were much fairer about the incident.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:MOTD highlights showed a proper one sided affair. Fair play. Half decent analysis as well.

I thought so too. Mentioned it in the Sergio ban thread.
They were much fairer about the incident.

When you compare those highlights to sky's opinion that we were all over the place and got lucky it makes you wonder...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:35 am

CTID Hants wrote:
City64 wrote:City64 drinking Bitburger in Albert Schloss over and out ! :-)

Ha ha good on you lad! Honest questions.....

A: do you remember much of the actual match after?

B: how many times do you go for a piss during the game

It's been more years than I care to count since I got pissed before a game :-(

A : YES

B: Never

Worst part of the day is making sure I get on a rammed packed train with just standing room only , its the last the you need after a long day but its easy after plenty of practise ! ;-)
Great vibe in the city center and the Etihad yesterday ............ GREAT DAY !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby walmai » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:36 am

So, I got my comeuppance...I met my old City mate (of nearly 30 years standing) about a fortnight ago and tore him a few strips about the profligate spending you'd done re Sterling. So, of course, he was always going to pop up with a goal or two.

I haven't seen much of the match, due to doing other things, so the best thing I can say is that I am glad that we somehow managed to keep it at only 2-0 until the break, so that we could re-group and at least ask you a few questions second half.

That Antonio, eh? Scorer of the most headed goals in the last year in the Prem and always game - never lets his head go down.

Mr Aguero, you can hang yours in shame, mate. Why does such a gifted striker need to resort to that? Were our lads taking it in turns to wind him up?

My feel this season is that, whereas it was a fairly open field until the last knockings, last season, you lot are one of perhaps 3 teams who are likely to motor off away into the distance, leaving the rest to fight over 4th etc....

Good luck to yer - that's not that hard a suggestion, given the identities of the other two teams I had in mind!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby mr_nool » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:41 am

walmai wrote:So, I got my comeuppance...I met my old City mate (of nearly 30 years standing) about a fortnight ago and tore him a few strips about the profligate spending you'd done re Sterling. So, of course, he was always going to pop up with a goal or two.

I haven't seen much of the match, due to doing other things, so the best thing I can say is that I am glad that we somehow managed to keep it at only 2-0 until the break, so that we could re-group and at least ask you a few questions second half.

That Antonio, eh? Scorer of the most headed goals in the last year in the Prem and always game - never lets his head go down.

Mr Aguero, you can hang yours in shame, mate. Why does such a gifted striker need to resort to that? Were our lads taking it in turns to wind him up?

My feel this season is that, whereas it was a fairly open field until the last knockings, last season, you lot are one of perhaps 3 teams who are likely to motor off away into the distance, leaving the rest to fight over 4th etc....

Good luck to yer - that's not that hard a suggestion, given the identities of the other two teams I had in mind!

I agree with that part. I think the gap between the top teams and the rest will be much bigger than last year. I also think that that the "sub-top" (teams 4 to 8) will be way ahead of the rest. There are a lot of teams looking distinctly average or down-right poor this season, despite all of the new money that's come in.

Back to the game yesterday, I thought our first 15 minutes were the best I've seen us play in a very long while. The work rate and effort in closing West Ham down when we lost the ball was superb and very Barcelonaesque.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:44 am

mr_nool wrote:
walmai wrote:So, I got my comeuppance...I met my old City mate (of nearly 30 years standing) about a fortnight ago and tore him a few strips about the profligate spending you'd done re Sterling. So, of course, he was always going to pop up with a goal or two.

I agree with that part. I think the gap between the top teams and the rest will be much bigger than last year. I also think that that the "sub-top" (teams 4 to 8) will be way ahead of the rest. There are a lot of teams looking distinctly average or down-right poor this season, despite all of the new money that's come in.

Back to the game yesterday, I thought our first 15 minutes were the best I've seen us play in a very long while. The work rate and effort in closing West Ham down when we lost the ball was superb and very Barcelonaesque.

Agree. But much like the in other games, we still seem to shut down after 15-20 minutes. Seems Pep has a bit of work to do with our concentration as a team because the players has clearly not shaked that habit off just because Pellegrini left.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby mr_nool » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:53 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Agree. But much like the in other games, we still seem to shut down after 15-20 minutes. Seems Pep has a bit of work to do with our concentration as a team because the players has clearly not shaked that habit off just because Pellegrini left.

I think it's down not only to concentration, but also to fitness. It will get better and better, though, and we will be able to keep up the high intensity for longer periods. I don't think we will ever be able to do it for the full 90 minutes in the Prem, though. Or perhaps against the bottom teams, who will buckle even more under pressure and give the ball away more than West Ham did.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 am

mr_nool wrote:I think it's down not only to concentration, but also to fitness. It will get better and better, though, and we will be able to keep up the high intensity for longer periods. I don't think we will ever be able to do it for the full 90 minutes in the Prem, though. Or perhaps against the bottom teams, who will buckle even more under pressure and give the ball away more than West Ham did.

True. When we played Real last season I remember thinking that it was such an obvious difference in the physique of the players. Real's players looked much bigger than us and much more in shape. Of course the doping helps but still, it was obvious that our club had a much lower benchmark for what's acceptable and not.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby dazby » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:54 am

The commentary we had in Oz were positively drooling over our first half performance. In fact, they apologised to the Hammer fans for their enthusiasm.

Parts of the first half brought me to tears they were that awesome.

Kun to get a one week ban and Nazzer to start in the derby. What a cameo!! Loved his movement and possession.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:23 pm

dazby wrote:The commentary we had in Oz were positively drooling over our first half performance. In fact, they apologised to the Hammer fans for their enthusiasm.

Kun to get a one week ban and Nazzer to start in the derby. What a cameo!! Loved his movement and possession.

Beglin & Drury, I was watching courtesy of a Canadian channel with the same commentary, made me chuckle them apologising.

As good as Samir was yesterday, the thought of him in a derby....shudders........
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:33 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
dazby wrote:The commentary we had in Oz were positively drooling over our first half performance. In fact, they apologised to the Hammer fans for their enthusiasm.

Beglin & Drury, I was watching courtesy of a Canadian channel with the same commentary, made me chuckle them apologising.

As good as Samir was yesterday, the thought of him in a derby....shudders........

Might redeem himself with the winner.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum