Sergio ban?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sergio ban?

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:As it goes, he would likely miss the Derby anyway. The fact he had now been charged and thus likeky banned wont neccesarily affect us hugely. However when other players get trial by Sky and media it will interesting to see how their punishments pan out.

There will be no trial by Sky and media for any rag elbowing an opponent.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:06 pm

Sky's part in this is not to be underestimated. Nobody is saying Sergio is innocent. The problem is simply this-

Sky have decided to portray the incident in such a manner that it made headline news and ultimately resulted in a media and fan backlash which in turn lead to a reversal of the referees decision.

If further proof is needed - Bilic said (in a sky sports interview) that he saw nothing and Reid was being subbed as a tactical manoeuvre. Sky then decided to run a report stating that Reid was actually subbed as he was unable to continue as a result of an elbow (there was no elbow, even their own pundits agreed on that).

Why would they do that?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:As it goes, he would likely miss the Derby anyway. The fact he had now been charged and thus likeky banned wont neccesarily affect us hugely. However when other players get trial by Sky and media it will interesting to see how their punishments pan out.

There will be no trial by Sky and media for any rag elbowing an opponent.

I'm not so sure mate. It certainly won't be as obvious or rigarous as the campaign against Aguero but if enough people shout the voice will be heard
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:38 pm

Mase wrote:Surely if he says he didn't see an on the ball incident he'll be demoted to the lower leagues as he hasn't done his job properly?

He's guaranteed himself some big games this season thanks to this lie.

Aw, come on guys.

So is it that he saw the incident, decided not to send Aguero off because City had to match in hand even at 2-1, knew the TV would replay the incident because they always do when a player is injured, decided to lie about not seeing it, knew the derby was next and that losing Aguero for 2 league matches is worse than 12 minutes in one, and then let the match continue?

I like a good ol conspiracy theory sometimes too but come on...

More likely hes a typical referee and missed it.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:43 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Mase wrote:Surely if he says he didn't see an on the ball incident he'll be demoted to the lower leagues as he hasn't done his job properly?

Aw, come on guys.

So is it that he saw the incident, decided not to send Aguero off because City had to match in hand even at 2-1, knew the TV would replay the incident because they always do when a player is injured, decided to lie about not seeing it, knew the derby was next and that losing Aguero for 2 league matches is worse than 12 minutes in one, and then let the match continue?

Numerous camera angles have him looking straight at the incident. To then say he didn't see it is laughable. Not even close
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Fiddling Fucking Cunts!

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:27 pm

The only question for me is who had the final say?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Fiddling Fucking Cunts!

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The only question for me is who had the final say?

Sky.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: Fiddling Fucking Cunts!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:41 pm

sheblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:The only question for me is who had the final say?

Sky.

and mr. d. gill.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:57 pm

The FA are just a puppet to their paymasters, accepting the dreggs off Sky and the PL.

As for PiGMOL, they are all feeding from the same trough.

If I see such as a thought of any other team throwing an elbow, with no retrospective action taken, I'll hit the fucking roof. Glad I didn't see the one from Wiggy last week, it was only a Rag acquaintance that mentioned it actually happened.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:02 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

Aw, come on guys.

If he missed it then he should never referee another match again. Even stevie wonder would have seen it from that position
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:38 am

nottsblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Aw, come on guys.

Numerous camera angles have him looking straight at the incident. To then say he didn't see it is laughable. Not even close

so if there's no way he didnt see it, given the camera angles, then what is his rationale for:

A. not sending Sergio off in the match (or even talking to Sergio)
B. saying that he didnt see it

im genuinely curious. as a stupid American im used to writing off all fan conspiracies as stupid complaints from bitter fans. since so many of you believe there's a conspiracy i want to know more.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:19 am

phips wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Aw, come on guys.

so if there's no way he didnt see it, given the camera angles, then what is his rationale for:

A. not sending Sergio off in the match (or even talking to Sergio)
B. saying that he didnt see it

im genuinely curious. as a stupid American im used to writing off all fan conspiracies as stupid complaints from bitter fans. since so many of you believe there's a conspiracy i want to know more.

How gracious of you.

Us real fans our busy being pissed off by the double standards that will see our superstar miss the derby for an action Rooney and fellani have been let off for numerous times, but at least you're letting us have our little whine on such a trivial matter.

Condescending cunt.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:42 am

i actually think borinho will have wanted kun to play next week... now he's got to try to second guess what pep will do.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:02 am

This might be seeing the situation through very blue-tinted specs, but I don't think there was any actual intent to hurt Reid with his elbow. Kun was simply using his lower arm to push away Reids arm that was pressing down on his shoulder. One camera angle makes it look really bad and like a deliberate elbow, but if you see it from the right, it's fairly clear (imo) that it wasn't what it's been made out to be by Sky.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby gillie » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:06 am

mr_nool wrote:This might be seeing the situation through very blue-tinted specs, but I don't think there was any actual intent to hurt Reid with his elbow. Kun was simply using his lower arm to push away Reids arm that was pressing down on his shoulder. One camera angle makes it look really bad and like a deliberate elbow, but if you see it from the right, it's fairly clear (imo) that it wasn't what it's been made out to be by Sky.

Erik I have also seen pictures where it looks like Reid punches Sergio just before he throws his arm into Reid.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:04 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:i actually think borinho will have wanted kun to play next week... now he's got to try to second guess what pep will do.

The RAGS are all getting very cocky.

However it is quite possible we just have 5 midfielders all able to run forward and they'll never know who is doing what. Modification of the old Pep 4-6 formation into 4-1-5!

Maureen's first instinct is to counter that. Could be boring as fuck.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:34 am

Banned for 2 games From: FA. Scum away. Scum at home.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:40 am

john@staustell wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:i actually think borinho will have wanted kun to play next week... now he's got to try to second guess what pep will do.

However it is quite possible we just have 5 midfielders all able to run forward and they'll never know who is doing what. Modification of the old Pep 4-6 formation into 4-1-5!

Just shows how the FA have handed them a lifeline if they are now getting confident. This is more about the fact that they now know they have control of the FA and PiGMOL through their media wankers.

Fuck em I say, let them have their battle. Let's face it, they haven't fought one, they've been handed it by the powers that be.

The game is a different matter. They've not been tested by one of the easiest starts, gifted again by the powers that be. Bournemouth (escaped relegation last season), Southampton (seriously depleted by the likes of Rags and Dippers) and Hull who were lucky to be able to field a team. All relegation candidates in my book and then get a big test at their's, not ours, but then get the added advantage of the media hounding out Sergio.

Without Aguero I'd say, even with the away disadvantage, that we're even money for the game. The only issue for me is how the ref decides to officiate the game. That could paint a totally different picture.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:42 am

Hazy2 wrote:Banned for 2 games From: FA. Scum away. Scum at home.

That's on top of the points deduction and massive, FFP endangering, fine we'll probably have to suffer as well.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:47 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Just shows how the FA have handed them a lifeline if they are now getting confident. This is more about the fact that they now know they have control of the FA and PiGMOL through their media wankers.

Fuck em I say, let them have their battle. Let's face it, they haven't fought one, they've been handed it by the powers that be.

The game is a different matter. They've not been tested by one of the easiest starts, gifted again by the powers that be. Bournemouth (escaped relegation last season), Southampton (seriously depleted by the likes of Rags and Dippers) and Hull who were lucky to be able to field a team. All relegation candidates in my book and then get a big test at their's, not ours, but then get the added advantage of the media hounding out Sergio.

Without Aguero I'd say, even with the away disadvantage, that we're even money for the game. The only issue for me is how the ref decides to officiate the game. That could paint a totally different picture.

Spot on Beefy.

It is depressing that there are people who are naive, or whatever, who still deny that there's an agenda against us, especially when set against a background such as this.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum