***rags vs pep's city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***rags vs pep's city official match thread***

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Watching the highlights this evening, they certainly"finished off their tackles. The one on Bravo from Rooney was a good example of what was going on all over the pitch.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:27 pm

michaelcityfan wrote:As kolarov lost a tooth and otter got elbowed in the face will that be brought up for retrospective bans?

SSSSSSssssshhhhhhhhh!!!
We don't want Bogbrush banned - that would IMPROVE them !!
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby PoC » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:09 am

Fantastic, it'd only be better if he keeled over afterwards.
MaineRoadMemories wrote:Both can suck there own bolloxs off so they're as equal as each other but a lot greater than us.
PoC
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:41 am

I just saw it again and our first half was something you teach in a football academy, as I said before. The triangle of Dave, Fern and Tin Tin might be the best in football at this point, they controlled everything, had problems in the back, but that got sorted when the Octopus came in.

This was better than our 4-1 and 3-0 display against them in 2013-2014, we were spectacular in almost every single aspect of the game, but what did I love the most about this?

Well, I think we realised there is life after Sergio.

We are not a single man club. We missed our entire ... spine yesterday: Hart - Komps - Yaya and Sergio and we managed not to beat them, but pass them to death. Pep is making slowly, but a very powerfull transition of our squad, change of generations, if you might like to call it. We still have old players, but they played FOR the manager and we almost forgot how that really was.

It was a good day, lads.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:14 am

PeterParker wrote:I just saw it again and our first half was something you teach in a football academy, as I said before. The triangle of Dave, Fern and Tin Tin might be the best in football at this point, they controlled everything, had problems in the back, but that got sorted when the Octopus came in.

This was better than our 4-1 and 3-0 display against them in 2013-2014, we were spectacular in almost every single aspect of the game, but what did I love the most about this?

We are not a single man club. We missed our entire ... spine yesterday: Hart - Komps - Yaya and Sergio and we managed not to beat them, but pass them to death. Pep is making slowly, but a very powerfull transition of our squad, change of generations, if you might like to call it. We still have old players, but they played FOR the manager and we almost forgot how that really was.

It was a good day, lads.

Best thing for me is that we withstood their neanderthal hoof the ball to Fellaini tactic without conceding a goal and that with a keeper not yet fully in synche with his defenders.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I just saw it again and our first half was something you teach in a football academy, as I said before. The triangle of Dave, Fern and Tin Tin might be the best in football at this point, they controlled everything, had problems in the back, but that got sorted when the Octopus came in.

It was a good day, lads.

Best thing for me is that we withstood their neanderthal hoof the ball to Fellaini tactic without conceding a goal and that with a keeper not yet fully in synche with his defenders.

Good thought Mr H.

It was most gratifying and really did highlight what a crude side they are, even after paying £100 million for a midfielder who was then completely by-passed.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby BookJunior » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

It was a good day, lads.

Good thought Mr H.

It was most gratifying and really did highlight what a crude side they are, even after paying £100 million for a midfielder who was then completely by-passed.

On a technical note it was €100m which at the time was £89m.

On a completely different matter, I always like to search for rag expert opinion after a match. It's always a trawl, but this made me chuckle ...

"De Bruyne and David Silva are suffering in this formation. They look like nothing players."

I've learnt from experience not make such arrogant predictions.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby freshie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:25 pm

bigblue wrote:Woke up at 4:30 in the morning in Seattle and worth every second! Love it, come on City!

Some view you've got there mate
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:35 pm

nottsblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3783143/Pep-Guardiola-new-Julius-Caesar-Premier-League-impressive-derby-victory-showed-given-Manchester-City-identity.html

Very complimentary. Good article

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10 ... ng-ominous

Can't believe this is the same man. He's spent most of his career slagging us off
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:45 pm

freshie wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3783143/Pep-Guardiola-new-Julius-Caesar-Premier-League-impressive-derby-victory-showed-given-Manchester-City-identity.html

Can't believe this is the same man. He's spent most of his career slagging us off

Im sure he knows exactly which draw has the knives in it just like the rest of them. Theyll be opening it again soon enough given half a chance
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:49 pm

bigblue wrote:Woke up at 4:30 in the morning in Seattle and worth every second! Love it, come on City!

It was worth going sleepless in Seattle!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Justified logic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:14 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
freshie wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Im sure he knows exactly which draw has the knives in it just like the rest of them. Theyll be opening it again soon enough given half a chance

I've never seen this guy speak before and it may be his natural way but I thought it was amusing how he'd slowly edge towards a compliment and then quickly backtrack or offer a qualification, as if he was wary of having his opinion jumped on by the others there.

If his normal mode is slagging us off then he'll gleefully look back on this performance as our 'pinnacle' if we falter.
Justified logic

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum