bravo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

bravo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:49 pm

herb - your thought please....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: bravo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:12 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:herb - your thought please....

Ouch.....
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Redna » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:14 pm

Caught in his Own myth!
He'll learn. Ball sand players hanging around like a badger on the heat!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Redna wrote:Caught in his Own myth!
He'll learn. Ball sand players hanging around like a badger on the heat!

Jag gillar din stil.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Contributed to one of the best first half performances I've seen from city. Will get better if he learns to use his hands.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:20 pm

he is smart and will learn quickly. his distribution will keep us on the front foot. And not many teams will trouble us as much as rags did today.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Clowncrete » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Shaky today and needs to bulk up a bit. But his passing was indeed top class.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Peps post match interview said bravo bounced back... He carried on fluffing everything, don't know why peps doubling down on false praise.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:43 pm

He'll learn a lot from this being his first match. Glad he was thrown in and, in the end, glad it worked out with the win.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:44 pm

He made some good contributions to our possession in the first half, but it's one of the shakiest debuts I've seen...............ever..... considering what he was seemingly brought in for.

The saving grace was that he didn't actually have any saves to make from what I recall, but he has got to get to grips with the pace sharpish as every manager will be putting him under pressure now.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby sidSmith » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:45 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:Peps post match interview said bravo bounced back... He carried on fluffing everything, don't know why peps doubling down on false praise.

Good managers don't publicly humiliate, especially in the face of the sky rag brigade! I say well played Pep.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:47 pm

I would ask people not to listen to the mass hysteria that is sweeping social media. The guy will be fine and is top quality. Yeah he struggled today but he is not the first player to struggle in a Derby. He will learn a lot from today and IMO that will stand him in goodstead. Let's all get behind him on Tuesday and give him a decent welcome to the club.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:49 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I would ask people not to listen to the mass hysteria that is sweeping social media. The guy will be fine and is top quality. Yeah he struggled today but he is not the first player to struggle in a Derby. He will learn a lot from today and IMO that will stand him in goodstead. Let's all get behind him on Tuesday and give him a decent welcome to the club.

True. One of the best players in the world, Ronaldo, never did anything in a Derby match and always went in to hiding or reverted to getting sent off so he didn't have to cope with the pressure.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:50 pm

sidSmith wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:Peps post match interview said bravo bounced back... He carried on fluffing everything, don't know why peps doubling down on false praise.

Good managers don't publicly humiliate, especially in the face of the sky rag brigade! I say well played Pep.

I'm not asking him to humiliate or slag him off. But he didn't need to double down on it either. He's not Maureen blaming everyone but himself.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Mase wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I would ask people not to listen to the mass hysteria that is sweeping social media. The guy will be fine and is top quality. Yeah he struggled today but he is not the first player to struggle in a Derby. He will learn a lot from today and IMO that will stand him in goodstead. Let's all get behind him on Tuesday and give him a decent welcome to the club.

True. One of the best players in the world, Ronaldo, never did anything in a Derby match and always went in to hiding or reverted to getting sent off so he didn't have to cope with the pressure.

Do you remember Evra and Vidic? They had shockers. And Mkhitaryan today who was dog shite and got hooked.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby sidSmith » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:53 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
sidSmith wrote:

I'm not asking him to humiliate or slag him off. But he didn't need to double down on it either. He's not Maureen blaming everyone but himself.

Despite his mistakes, he made a better fist of it than Pogba! Same goes for Evra on his debut.

Like I said, I think he was just being protective of him. No need to add any fuel to that fire.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:54 pm

Mase wrote:

Evra also had his debut in the derby, got torn a new one by SWP and he turned out alright.

Hope his confidence hasn't been dented, but doubt we will face many teams this year who press him like that
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Blue Blood » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:09 pm

I like Bravo.

Unlucky to concede (a little blame on Stones there) from a soft moment but overall I like the idea of the passing GK. Ended the game with something like 3 less passes in the game than Rooney, unheard of for a GK, something very new in this division.

I'll take the dodgy moments, i think the passing will be of greater benefit long term.

Oh and also remember he has had one training session with the players, probably couldn't even remember all the names!

Oh and remember De Gea in the first months at the swamp flapping at everything... yeah, and he's still rubbish right......
Last edited by Blue Blood on Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:He made some good contributions to our possession in the first half, but it's one of the shakiest debuts I've seen...............ever..... considering what he was seemingly brought in for.

The saving grace was that he didn't actually have any saves to make from what I recall, but he has got to get to grips with the pace sharpish as every manager will be putting him under pressure now.

He made one I think when off a decent United build up play where Ibra struck the ball that he caught with his body/arms.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Why did Stones jump after Bravo's shout? still should'nt have dropped it but Stones should've left it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum