bravo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: bravo

Postby Blue Blood » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Why did Stones jump after Bravo's shout? still should'nt have dropped it but Stones should've left it.

If i'd hazard a guess, that's the kind of thing that happens when you stick a GK in without him having the benefit of a few training sessions.

He probably shouted "Leave it Pique". Easy mistake to make!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby s1ty m » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Mase wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I would ask people not to listen to the mass hysteria that is sweeping social media. The guy will be fine and is top quality. Yeah he struggled today but he is not the first player to struggle in a Derby. He will learn a lot from today and IMO that will stand him in goodstead. Let's all get behind him on Tuesday and give him a decent welcome to the club.

True. One of the best players in the world, Ronaldo, never did anything in a Derby match and always went in to hiding or reverted to getting sent off so he didn't have to cope with the pressure.

Do you remember Evra and Vidic? They had shockers. And Mkhitaryan today who was dog shite and got hooked.

Marginally better than Pogba though.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:09 pm

He probably shouted "PELOTA"

Sounds very like "You got it"

What. A. Fucking. Theory.

You're welcome
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:17 pm

s1ty m wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Mase wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I would ask people not to listen to the mass hysteria that is sweeping social media. The guy will be fine and is top quality. Yeah he struggled today but he is not the first player to struggle in a Derby. He will learn a lot from today and IMO that will stand him in goodstead. Let's all get behind him on Tuesday and give him a decent welcome to the club.

True. One of the best players in the world, Ronaldo, never did anything in a Derby match and always went in to hiding or reverted to getting sent off so he didn't have to cope with the pressure.

Do you remember Evra and Vidic? They had shockers. And Mkhitaryan today who was dog shite and got hooked.

Marginally better than Pogba though.

Evra was destroyed by Sinclair that day, Pogba was poor, didn't effect the game at all but Evra cost them the game that day.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Spurge » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:28 pm

We can make positives because we won - what would we be saying if we lost I wonder?

For me he looked a liability, didn't instil confidence in anyway whatsoever. In fact every time play went back to him myself and those fellow blues with me all started to panic, just like in days gone by. Of course I'm not gonna judge him on a single performance and no bigger game than which to make your debut, but at the same time I want to see an improvement over the coming games
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Don't let the media rags bury the win in a Bravo/Hart, story.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Don't let the media rags bury the win in a Bravo/Hart, story.

This.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby aaron bond » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:41 pm

It was his first game in English football, away to probably the second best side in England.

Yes - he made mistakes and is clearly not used to being closed down so quickly and frequently.

But I loved how he almost always refused to boot it. And he was out of his box quickly (mainly in the first half) to sweep up the ball and play it to his teammates. It's clear why Pep bought him.

He won't come up against Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Rashford, Martial etc. every week.

Let's not forget how long it took De Gea to settle in and now everyone considers him to be one of the best. I don't think Bravo will take that long, but he's got one of his toughest games out of the way.
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:42 pm

De Gae was shite when he started at the Rags. I thought it was funny as fuck as he was clearly useless like Taibi but he turned out OK for a Rag. Goalies often start dodgy but I'm sure Bravo will improve massively.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:44 pm

And let's not take away from him the fact that he did something every one of us has wanted to see for fucking years.

He went in two footed on the biggest cunt in football.

Bravo old chap
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:45 pm

aaron bond wrote:It was his first game in English football, away to probably the second best side in England.

Yes - he made mistakes and is clearly not used to being closed down so quickly and frequently.

But I loved how he almost always refused to boot it. And he was out of his box quickly (mainly in the first half) to sweep up the ball and play it to his teammates. It's clear why Pep bought him.

He won't come up against Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Rashford, Martial etc. every week.

Let's not forget how long it took De Gea to settle in and now everyone considers him to be one of the best. I don't think Bravo will take that long, but he's got one of his toughest games out of the way.

He's also got Pep's benign influence to work it's wonders upon him.

Bravo will be OK and, in times to come, we might look back upon this debut and just smile.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:59 pm

De Gea needed laser eye surgery. The guy couldn't see to be fair to him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Mase wrote:De Gea needed laser eye surgery. The guy couldn't see to be fair to him.

Until then, he just made a spectacle of himself........

(Apologies for that; I'm just running on an excess of euphoria after today's result)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Spurge » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:18 pm

aaron bond wrote:It was his first game in English football, away to probably the second best side in England.

He kicked it long on a good few occasions, and on more than one occasion delayed releasing the ball to an extent that we were put under unnecessary pressure, It amazed me that united waited until the second half before they put him under pressure and closed him down - his handling was generally below par. Listen, I'm not a bitter old cunt for whom Joe Hart was everything, I call it as I see it and today he was a liability. It's one game so some perspective and I've acknowledged that for any keeper this was a difficult debut, but for those singning his praises I think are also getting lost in the fact that we beat the rags on their own patch - lets be clear we won inspite of Bravo today not because of him.

Looking forwards to a more solid performance with less pressure against Bournemouth
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby aaron bond » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:18 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Bravo will be OK and, in times to come, we might look back upon this debut and just smile.

Agreed.

To me, he clearly demonstrated today why we bought him. He is absolutely committed to a passing game and sees himself as one of the outfield players, not as a separate entity as a keeper.

He needs to adjust to the Premier League but as he's just served as Barcelona's keeper I'm sure he can step as required for us.
aaron bond

Postby Spurge » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:26 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Agreed.

To me, he clearly demonstrated today why we bought him. He is absolutely committed to a passing game and sees himself as one of the outfield players, not as a separate entity as a keeper.

He needs to adjust to the Premier League but as he's just served as Barcelona's keeper I'm sure he can step as required for us.

Agreed about time but l cant agree that he demonstrated why we bought him, ok he made a couple of decent passes but when you weigh that up against the negatives it was overall an uninspiring debut - he cleared it long more often than I can recall big willy doing which is a major no no under pep and he took too many risks with a heavy touch in his own box. I think we have all seen his stats and know he is capable of playing peps way, but today he wasn't so good, lets not kid ourselves
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:45 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:De Gae was shite when he started at the Rags. I thought it was funny as fuck as he was clearly useless like Taibi but he turned out OK for a Rag. Goalies often start dodgy but I'm sure Bravo will improve massively.

De gay was was young and not as experienced. Bravo's 31 and a veteran.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:51 pm

There is a rush to judgement about this lad on here which is just silly. Bravo is a top keeper, he was unlucky to get clattered by Stones today to gift them the goal. Aside from a couple of other anxious moments he's added a really important dimension to our build up play which we've never seen the like of before.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:46 pm

johnny crossan wrote:There is a rush to judgement about this lad on here which is just silly. Bravo is a top keeper, he was unlucky to get clattered by Stones today to gift them the goal. Aside from a couple of other anxious moments he's added a really important dimension to our build up play which we've never seen the like of before.

He's a goalkeeper, they're subjected to harsher criticism from fans than any other player on the pitch, it has always been thus.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:52 pm

Herb?????
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

PreviousNext