***City v BMG official match day thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***City v BMG official match day thread ***

Postby bluemoon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:22 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:7.45 tomorrow

Are you sure.

Looks like 7:45 it is.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:23 pm

bluemoon wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Are you sure.

Wonder will it be televised.
Scratch that. BT have said they'll televise it apparently.
Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby C & C » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:26 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Are you sure.

http://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/ ... 3796788329
C & C
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:27 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Are you sure.

It wants to be. Surely it will be on some BT channel. They had three games on tonight so I don't see why it wouldn't be tomorrow.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Are you sure.

It wants to be. Surely it will be on some BT channel. They had three games on tonight so I don't see why it wouldn't be tomorrow.

BT ESPN I think.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Justified logic » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:10 pm

Oh no, not again! All this beer isn't going to do my moobs any good.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:25 pm

A sensible time. Obviously UEFA had to consult with BT and other broadcasters prior to making the decision. Looks like the media made up their minds.

Would've been a disaster for UEFA if they went the proposed 1700 hrs route, fans would never have made it for that and UEFA would rightly be slated again.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blackadder » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:10 am

Shit. My 9 year old nephew from Greenock near Glasgow 'won' a place (parents still had to pay £70) from his school for a coach trip to the game. 40-odd young Wildlings travelled all that way, got to the stadium and were told the game was off. Had to head back. Would have been his first City game as well.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:26 am

I know most of you lot are upset about it being postponed but im very happy.
Just got hope from the continent and was in the air during the match. Now i can watch it live! Lets just hope i can find it on TV
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:29 am

Working this evening. I wonder if they'll give me a refund?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby gillie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:42 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Working this evening. I wonder if they'll give me a refund?

Phone them and ask Roger.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Justified logic » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:10 am

Blackadder wrote:Shit. My 9 year old nephew from Greenock near Glasgow 'won' a place (parents still had to pay £70) from his school for a coach trip to the game. 40-odd young Wildlings travelled all that way, got to the stadium and were told the game was off. Had to head back. Would have been his first City game as well.

A lifetime of disappointment as a City fan lies ahead.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:04 am

I decided to exercise restraint last night, I am by nature a catastrophiser and refrained from posting on here in a state of wet agitation.

I am now calm, and can say without hesitation that, in my opinion, the decision to postpone last night's game 15 minutes before kick off was as cowardly a piece of ineptitude as I've experienced supporting City. The rain was over, pitch was fit, most of the crowd were already at or on their way the stadium and many were inside. A short delay of 15-30 minutes to allow those fans still travelling some extra time was all that was needed, instead 40,000 were sent packing for no good reason. Postponement in those circumstances shows exactly what the corporate view of the interests of supporters is. UEFA, BT and City are all in the dock as far as I'm concerned.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:07 am

Well that was a bummer. Had to spend all night in the pub.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:15 am

johnny crossan wrote:I decided to exercise restraint last night, I am by nature a catastrophiser and refrained from posting on here in a state of wet agitation.

I am now calm, and can say without hesitation that, in my opinion, the decision to postpone last night's game 15 minutes before kick off was as cowardly a piece of ineptitude as I've experienced supporting City. The rain was over, pitch was fit, most of the crowd were already at or on their way the stadium and many were inside. A short delay of 15-30 minutes to allow those fans still travelling some extra time was all that was needed, instead 40,000 were sent packing for no good reason. Postponement in those circumstances shows exactly what the corporate view of the interests of supporters is. UEFA, BT and City are all in the dock as far as I'm concerned.

Just a hunch but I think a qualified safety officer is in a far better position to determine whether there was good reason or not.

I'm not sure how someone making a call based on supporter safety can be described as a "cowardly piece of ineptitude".
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:20 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:I decided to exercise restraint last night, I am by nature a catastrophiser and refrained from posting on here in a state of wet agitation.

Just a hunch but I think a qualified safety officer is in a far better position to determine whether there was good reason or not.

I'm not sure how someone making a call based on supporter safety can be described as a "cowardly piece of ineptitude".

just a hunch, but are you in the health and safety trade? That jobsworth Ashton was probably going around muttering 'we don't want another Hillsborough do we, they might blame me..' NVQ Level 1 is way is beyond his qualification level. Were you there by any chance?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:24 am

johnny crossan wrote:

just a hunch, but are you in the health and safety trade? That jobsworth Ashton was probably going around muttering 'we don't want another Hillsborough do we, they might blame me..' NVQ Level 1 is way is beyond his qualification level. Were you there by any chance?

No I wasn't there, have been to other events that have been postponed at the last minute through safety fears and whilst it pissed me off I understood why. From reading around and seeing pics of the state of Manchester last night I'm sure the right call was made.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:29 am

johnny crossan wrote:

No I wasn't there, have been to other events that have been postponed at the last minute through safety fears and whilst it pissed me off I understood why. From reading around and seeing pics of the state of Manchester last night I'm sure the right call was made.

be interesting if anyone else on here who went last night agrees with you, I'd value their take on events.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:32 am

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

be interesting if anyone else on here who went last night agrees with you, I'd value their take on events.

Like I said I've been reading around and the consensus seems to be that common sense prevailed, besides a qualified safety officer made the call, I think he may be better placed than your average fan to make the call, don't you?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:48 am

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Like I said I've been reading around and the consensus seems to be that common sense prevailed, besides a qualified safety officer made the call, I think he may be better placed than your average fan to make the call, don't you?

Forgive me, but do you have trouble comprehending basic English? It can be the only reason why you are repeating a question I have already answered twice. Reading around a subject is not quite the same as experiencing it first hand by the way and the 'consensus seems to be that common sense prevailed', if it exists outside your imagination, is probably constituted by those like you who haven't a clue as to what the actual situation was like.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum