***City v BMG official match day thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***City v BMG official match day thread ***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Personally I think it was the right decision. The journey to the stadium was shocking last night. I was drenched and the trams were suspended so we headed to the bar inside piccadilly station whilst we waited for an update on the game.

Haven't been out in rain like that, which has lasted so long since I was a kid. It wasn't nice.

I see city square is closed tonight and there will only be a few kiosks open inside too. Understandable in the circumstances.

I heard that you can't play conkers in any weather.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:52 pm

We don't have to stand by the teams that were announced last night. Be interesting if any changes were made
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Personally I think it was the right decision. The journey to the stadium was shocking last night. I was drenched and the trams were suspended so we headed to the bar inside piccadilly station whilst we waited for an update on the game.

Haven't been out in rain like that, which has lasted so long since I was a kid. It wasn't nice.

I see city square is closed tonight and there will only be a few kiosks open inside too. Understandable in the circumstances.

Pmsl
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby C & C » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:01 pm

Guess I will be searching everywhere for Joan since she doesn't appear to be in the States. If anyone spots her somewhere later send her my way please. Thanks.
C & C
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:39 pm

Are you talking about streams?
Original Dub

Postby harveytravis » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:Are you talking about streams?

BT sport ESPN
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:45 pm

hanging around in bars waiting for the rain to stop and the trams to start isn't what made this country great WW ;)
Last edited by johnny crossan on Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:46 pm

I sat in my car for what seemed an age while the rain was belting down and forming lakes on the roads to the ground from where I was. They were saying on the radio there was concern about the match going ahead as the ref had done an inspection of the pitch and the ball wasn't moving. They expected another inspection and the feeling was that as long as it didn't carry on like a monsoon the game would be ok as the pitch drains so well. mention was made of the thunder and lightening but not that it was going to be a major part of why the game was called off.

I was to meet my wife at the ground anyway so at just after 7 I set off walking in minimal rain but I did have to do the odd detour to avoid the lakes that had formed on the pavements in places as well as the roads. My wife had set off from a pub around Piccadilly to get a tram only to find they had stopped a few minutes earlier. Crazily she walked to the ground in just about the worst rain in many a year and was the original drowned rat when she got there.

Personally i think the game should have gone ahead altough maybe I am underplaying the safety issues and indeed the problems some would have had with even getting to the ground especially if it was reliant on metrolink.

Anyway I did see a game yesterday which we won well and it's off there again shortly
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:09 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
City64 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
I'm not in the UK btw.

Uzbekistan ?

Be honest....did you even stop drinking? Not judging.

cheers

Come again ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Herb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:55 pm

I've heard banded about that the club aren't selling any tickets today for tonight's rearranged fixture so I thought I'd mention that season card holders who phone in will still be able to have the game put on their season card. Not sure if that's the 'official' line but a mate of mine just called in and did that.
It may further assist to know that he spoken to Emma in customer services and she was very helpful.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:06 pm

Emma sounds like a legend. You think she can fix the webshite
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ruralblue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

They had a mass cull of Horse Chestnut Trees about ten years ago to remove all bonkers just in case there was any slight chance someone could possibly get hit by a falling conker!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby ruralblue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

My wife had set off from a pub around Piccadilly to get a tram only to find they had stopped a few minutes earlier. Crazily she walked to the ground in just about the worst rain in many a year and was the original drowned rat when she got there.

Dedicated to the cause. Please tell me she wasn't carrying ladders as well?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:34 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

hanging around in bars waiting for the rain to stop and the trams to start isn't what made this country great WW ;)

Can you imagine if these health and safety cunts were in charge of government in the 1930s!!!!! we would never of gone to war unless it was a fuckig sunny day ??? We would all have been goose stepping in the Kippax cheering on Luftwaffe City FC !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Looking around at the coaches and beer cans it looks like our Teutonic friends spent the night afloat inside them.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Herb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:40 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Emma sounds like a legend. You think she can fix the webshite

The webshite can't be fixed not even by the marvelous Emma because it's a 'wix' website and they are truly shite.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby PeterParker » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Looks like Gundogan starts instead of Dave.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:48 pm

PeterParker wrote:Looks like Gundogan starts instead of Dave.

A "precautionary measure" apparently. Be nice to see him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tony P » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:49 pm

Gunga Din starts!
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ruralblue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:03 pm

Who's Knight on the bench? No Willy so assumes its one if the youth keepers?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum