***City v BMG official match day thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***City v BMG official match day thread ***

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:53 am

ok JC you know better than the man employed to make these calls, good for you.

By the way, I only asked the question once.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:13 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:ok JC you know better than the man employed to make these calls, good for you.
I have good reasons to believe that I do
By the way, I only asked the question once.
Truncated syllogisms often go unnoticed by those that employ them.

;)
Last edited by johnny crossan on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:29 am

johnny crossan wrote:I decided to exercise restraint last night, I am by nature a catastrophiser and refrained from posting on here in a state of wet agitation.

johnny crossan wrote:Forgive me, but do you have trouble comprehending basic English? It can be the only reason why you are repeating a question I have already answered twice. Reading around a subject is not quite the same as experiencing it first hand by the way and the 'consensus seems to be that common sense prevailed', if it exists outside your imagination, is probably constituted by those like you who haven't a clue as to what the actual situation was like.

Yeah FIBD. You weren't there man! You don't know what it was like. It was horrible, man!
People in a state of wet agitation everywhere.
I'm not going back. I'm never going back.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:30 am

^^^^^^^^
Storm in a tea cup ! :)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:44 am

Anyone got any news on Fern 2 and Deloh? I know they were not training in Monday and neither were in the squad last night. Are they injured?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:50 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Anyone got any news on Fern 2 and Deloh? I know they were not training in Monday and neither were in the squad last night. Are they injured?

think that deloh was only missing from the training pics because he needed a p....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:49 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Anyone got any news on Fern 2 and Deloh? I know they were not training in Monday and neither were in the squad last night. Are they injured?

think that deloh was only missing from the training pics because he needed a p....

Badum tsssh!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:24 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:I decided to exercise restraint last night, I am by nature a catastrophiser and refrained from posting on here in a state of wet agitation.

johnny crossan wrote:Forgive me, but do you have trouble comprehending basic English? It can be the only reason why you are repeating a question I have already answered twice. Reading around a subject is not quite the same as experiencing it first hand by the way and the 'consensus seems to be that common sense prevailed', if it exists outside your imagination, is probably constituted by those like you who haven't a clue as to what the actual situation was like.

Yeah FIBD. You weren't there man! You don't know what it was like. It was horrible, man!
I can see it's important that the distant Observer Corps should stick together.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:25 am

johnny crossan wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I don't know either way JC. I'm only taking the piss.

Anyway FIBD. Everyone knows JC walks on water.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby chef » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:28 am

Let's hope the rain holds off today, nobody wants to be playing football on a Thursday night
chef
De Jong's Tackle

Postby littlebig » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:31 am

chef wrote:Let's hope the rain holds off today, nobody wants to be playing football on a Thursday night

Snigger :)
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:32 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

I am now calm, and can say without hesitation that, in my opinion, the decision to postpone last night's game 15 minutes before kick off was as cowardly a piece of ineptitude as I've experienced supporting City. The rain was over, pitch was fit, most of the crowd were already at or on their way the stadium and many were inside. A short delay of 15-30 minutes to allow those fans still travelling some extra time was all that was needed, instead 40,000 were sent packing for no good reason. Postponement in those circumstances shows exactly what the corporate view of the interests of supporters is. UEFA, BT and City are all in the dock as far as I'm concerned.

Just a hunch but I think a qualified safety officer is in a far better position to determine whether there was good reason or not.

I'm not sure how someone making a call based on supporter safety can be described as a "cowardly piece of ineptitude".

Sums you up 100%

The sooner your fucking generation of brain farts has been eradicated , the sooner the Uk can get back to being great again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:34 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I am now calm, and can say without hesitation that, in my opinion, the decision to postpone last night's game 15 minutes before kick off was as cowardly a piece of ineptitude as I've experienced supporting City. The rain was over, pitch was fit, most of the crowd were already at or on their way the stadium and many were inside. A short delay of 15-30 minutes to allow those fans still travelling some extra time was all that was needed, instead 40,000 were sent packing for no good reason. Postponement in those circumstances shows exactly what the corporate view of the interests of supporters is. UEFA, BT and City are all in the dock as far as I'm concerned.

Just a hunch but I think a qualified safety officer is in a far better position to determine whether there was good reason or not.

I'm not sure how someone making a call based on supporter safety can be described as a "cowardly piece of ineptitude".

Sums you up 100%

The sooner your fucking generation of brain farts has been eradicated , the sooner the Uk can get back to being great again.

My generation? What's that Carl? How old am I?

I'm not in the UK btw.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:40 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Sums you up 100%

I'm not in the UK btw.

I've just woken up pissed off at last night and the first thing I read is you defending the decision (obviously ) -- you just opened the door for a ruck.

Your mentality on many things has a uni snot feel about it . Either that or your an old fart who teaches uni snots to become PC robots.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:42 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Sums you up 100%

I'm not in the UK btw.

I've just woken up pissed off at last night and the first thing I read is you defending the decision (obviously ) -- you just opened the door for a ruck.

Your mentality on many things has a uni snot feel about it . Either that or your an old fart who teaches uni snots to become PC robots.

I was defending against it being called cowardly and inept.

Never been to a Uni in my life.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:47 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I don't know either way JC. I'm only taking the piss.
Anyway FIBD. Everyone knows JC walks on water.

didn't work last night for sure, but being a local lad I tend not to notice ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Sums you up 100%

I'm not in the UK btw.

Uzbekistan ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:31 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Sums you up 100%

I'm not in the UK btw.

Uzbekistan ?

Be honest....did you even stop drinking? Not judging.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Personally I think it was the right decision. The journey to the stadium was shocking last night. I was drenched and the trams were suspended so we headed to the bar inside piccadilly station whilst we waited for an update on the game.

Haven't been out in rain like that, which has lasted so long since I was a kid. It wasn't nice.

I see city square is closed tonight and there will only be a few kiosks open inside too. Understandable in the circumstances.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:39 pm

"Health and safety" is a misnomer in most cases anyway - it usually boils down to insurance claim avoidance rather than concern for anyone's actual wellbeing.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum