***City v BMG official match day thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***City v BMG official match day thread ***

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:44 am

I was moved into 115 for the game last night as my normal 3rd tier SS seat wasn't available for this game (it's not available for Celtic either but it is for Barca?). I was in the middle of the 1894 lot and it was a very good atmosphere. Not too sure about the drum though. The 10 minute rendition of "Never felt more like singing the blues" was great, but I was glad when it stopped as my arms were killing me.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:48 am

On the Booing, Pep wasn't here when we were getting shafted by UEFA. I think he should do a bit of research on the reasons why before he tries to advise on stopping. UEFA need to ensure booed as long as they continue their shenanigans and that looks set to continue into 2018 at least.

I think Pep will see a proper unified chorus of booing and whistling when Barca come to town.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Wonderwall wrote:On the Booing, Pep wasn't here when we were getting shafted by UEFA. I think he should do a bit of research on the reasons why before he tries to advise on stopping. UEFA need to ensure booed as long as they continue their shenanigans and that looks set to continue into 2018 at least.

I think Pep will see a proper unified chorus of booing and whistling when Barca come to town.

Spot on

I hate being told what to do or think by any City staff when it comes to watching my club play.
I'm sure he's asked the club already and he shouldn't mention it again imo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:51 pm

There's no MOM thread so I just thought I'd mention Sterling last night. That's the best I've seen him play in a city shirt.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:25 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:There's no MOM thread so I just thought I'd mention Sterling last night. That's the best I've seen him play in a city shirt.

apart from here viewtopic.php?f=119&t=51935
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:38 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:There's no MOM thread so I just thought I'd mention Sterling last night. That's the best I've seen him play in a city shirt.

apart from here viewtopic.php?f=119&t=51935

Ah, yes apart from that. Ta.
South Stand Balti

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:On the Booing, Pep wasn't here when we were getting shafted by UEFA. I think he should do a bit of research on the reasons why before he tries to advise on stopping. UEFA need to ensure booed as long as they continue their shenanigans and that looks set to continue into 2018 at least.

Spot on

I hate being told what to do or think by any City staff when it comes to watching my club play.

I was fine with what Pep said. He's actually right in many ways. We understand why and the background for the boos but we're basically playing the best football of any team in the world right now. Focus on the new story moving forward. Our booing isn't going to do anything to help us win. It just makes us look small i feel.

I'm sure Phips agrees.

The cunts will continue trying to fuck with us. Let's rise above and smash them.

I took his message in a positive way. He just wants a positive atmosphere. Nowt wrong with expressing that imho.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:44 am

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Spot on

I was fine with what Pep said. He's actually right in many ways. We understand why and the background for the boos but we're basically playing the best football of any team in the world right now. Focus on the new story moving forward. Our booing isn't going to do anything to help us win. It just makes us look small i feel.

I'm sure Phips agrees.

The cunts will continue trying to fuck with us. Let's rise above and smash them.

I took his message in a positive way. He just wants a positive atmosphere. Nowt wrong with expressing that imho.

Cheers

We should just do the Poznan then. Always looks amazing when the whole stadium is doing it. We have Barca next so the lads will needs us behind them from the start.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:22 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Spot on

I'm sure Phips agrees.

Cheers

We should just do the Poznan then. Always looks amazing when the whole stadium is doing it. We have Barca next so the lads will needs us behind them from the start.

Funnily enough, the Barca fans will be booing the anthem themselves.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:12 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Spot on

I'm sure Phips agrees.

Cheers

Maybe we should just agree to boo the theme song together and then call it a draw and go get shitfaced together?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Spot on

I'm sure Phips agrees.

Cheers

I agree with all that Doomie. It's time the booing was put aside. The negativity has not helped the attendance and it does make us look small when you put it all together. We are seriously classy now and will get better. I'm up for doing the Poznan or drowning out the anthem with blue moon etc. His Pepness wants us to stop and that's good enough for me.
South Stand Balti

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:20 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Spot on

I'm sure Phips agrees.

Cheers

I agree with all that Doomie. It's time the booing was put aside. The negativity has not helped the attendance and it does make us look small when you put it all together. We are seriously classy now and will get better. I'm up for doing the Poznan or drowning out the anthem with blue moon etc. His Pepness wants us to stop and that's good enough for me.

Your both fucking wrong Imo - it makes us look fucking intelligent as we understand what these cunts are doing to fuck,not only us up ,but all the Leicesters out there up and until they stop being cunts they deserve to be booed.

Anyway , we only boo the fucking anthem , don't know what pep is whinging about , I reckon he's more pissed off at the attendance rather than the booing - and he has a point.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Spot on

I'm sure Phips agrees.

Cheers

Your both fucking wrong Imo - it makes us look fucking intelligent as we understand what these cunts are doing to fuck,not only us up ,but all the Leicesters out there up and until they stop being cunts they deserve to be booed.

Anyway , we only boo the fucking anthem , don't know what pep is whinging about , I reckon he's more pissed off at the attendance rather than the booing - and he has a point.

And if you're right about what Pep is really pissed about then I think he's even more wrong. Last night wasn't the night to bitch about the attendance. No. I figure this is coming from the hierarchy and himself and is definitely a big hint to the fans to be more positive for the team.

Personally I think the booing has really hit a nerve with uefa. If the club are asking for the protest to stop I think they are wrong. If they are asking the fans to simply generate s more positive atmosphere then I think if something better for both club and fans can be found then we should discuss viable alternatives.
The club are evolving in every way. We as fans have to keep up or call it a day.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:25 am

Booing is so direct and strident and can have a great sonic impact; much more so than other continental practices such as whistling, or waving white handkerchiefs etc. Moreover, it's the traditional way in which football supporters in this country, vent their feelings and their outrage.

Anything different to this, no matter how subtle or more 'appropriate', might be construed by some/most as a bit of a climb down. It also seems, anecdotally, that UEFA don't like it, as it can prove to be quite pointed and it's possibly getting under their skins.

If that is the case, it might even be argued that there's almost a moral imperative for City supporters to continue to boo loudly and long, given the rampant corruption which continues to be unveiled (and is seemingly and specifically directed at our Club).

On that basis, I don't think anyone could reasonably criticise any supporters who might wish to continue booing UEFA's dubious anthem.

Furthermore - and I'm just musing now, but I wonder if Pep's comments have emanated from some sort of contact, with the Club, by UEFA. They might have intimated their displeasure at this prospect and suggested that it would be in our best interests, if City supporters were to tone down their opposition and animosity to the said body.

As I say, I'm just musing re this latter comment.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:30 am

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Spot on

I'm sure Phips agrees.

Cheers

Maybe we should just agree to boo the theme song together and then call it a draw and go get shitfaced together?

Cheers

Sounds like a plan. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:00 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Booing is so direct and strident and can have a great sonic impact; much more so than other continental practices such as whistling, or waving white handkerchiefs etc. Moreover, it's the traditional way in which football supporters in this country, vent their feelings and their outrage.

Anything different to this, no matter how subtle or more 'appropriate', might be construed by some/most as a bit of a climb down. It also seems, anecdotally, that UEFA don't like it, as it can prove to be quite pointed and it's possibly getting under their skins.

If that is the case, it might even be argued that there's almost a moral imperative for City supporters to continue to boo loudly and long, given the rampant corruption which continues to be unveiled (and is seemingly and specifically directed at our Club).

On that basis, I don't think anyone could reasonably criticise any supporters who might wish to continue booing UEFA's dubious anthem.

Furthermore - and I'm just musing now, but I wonder if Pep's comments have emanated from some sort of contact, with the Club, by UEFA. They might have intimated their displeasure at this prospect and suggested that it would be in our best interests, if City supporters were to tone down their opposition and animosity to the said body.

Well I'm not adverse to change Mik., but there is s lot in what you say and also Carl's previous content that I think is very accurate.
I really think something is going on behind the scenes and it's not simply Pep saying stop booing.
I think other teams supporters joining in the booing and the prospect of us and Celtic or us and Barca jointly booing may be getting to them.
Why Pep has come out with saying what he did now is anybody's guess.
I do think it has s lot to do with the perception of the atmosphere generated. I think the atmosphere generated by the 30k or so that were there sounded great on TV.

If the booing is to continue and Im currently in the go for it camp, I do think it should be followed even more vociferously by something that can leave both the team and the media in no doubt that we are behind team/manager/ club.

Maybe the timing of Pep's comments are off, but maybe Csrl is right about the real gripe.
I think Pep wants the place rocking. Keep playing football like we are and it shouldn't be a problem.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:29 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:... it might even be argued that there's almost a moral imperative for City supporters to continue to boo loudly and long, given the rampant corruption which continues to be unveiled (and is seemingly and specifically directed at our Club).

If the manager does openly criticise it, he can toddle off to Switzerland and join them. He already has dodgy Bayern connections, beckenbung etc. Maybe he has got his own little agenda going. ;-)

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Furthermore - and I'm just musing now, but I wonder if Pep's comments have emanated from some sort of contact, with the Club, by UEFA. They might have intimated their displeasure at this prospect and suggested that it would be in our best interests, if City supporters were to tone down their opposition and animosity to the said body.

Interesting thought, and if true would be all the more reason to boo the bent bastards and their shithouse anthem. Let's face it, they've been shafting us from the moment we qualified for the bloody thing, What have we got to lose? The whole thing is, as Carl and others have said, much bigger than just City though.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Boo the fucking fuck out of the fucking scum!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum