Fat Cats carve-up

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fat Cats carve-up

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:17 am

patrickblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Scatman wrote:Martin Samuel is the chief sportswriter at the mail and is doing what I would hope of a chief sportswriter.

Who are the other chief sportswriters? I imagine they are as thorough.

Oliver Kay is Chief Football Writer at The Times and has written a similarly critical article.

Got a link?
I've had a good old google, and can't find it.

I'd be interested in that as well
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:06 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Scatman wrote:Martin Samuel is the chief sportswriter at the mail and is doing what I would hope of a chief sportswriter.

Who are the other chief sportswriters? I imagine they are as thorough.

Oliver Kay is Chief Football Writer at The Times and has written a similarly critical article.

Got a link?
I've had a good old google, and can't find it.

I'd be interested in that as well

Sorry I thought it was this article but it's now behind a pay wall,
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Oliver Kay has it spot on
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/flat- ... a906944424

there was this one from the Times Chief Sports Reporter though

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:01 pm

Barcelona and Real Madrid suspend European Super League talks

Barcelona and Real Madrid have assured La Liga officials that they will temporarily suspend any involvement with a breakaway European Super League and remain committed to participating in Spain's domestic division for the foreseeable future.

La Liga clubs met in private in Manchester over the past two days to discuss details of how they can forge a more united approach both domestically and internationally as part of their drive to catch up with the growing financial strength of the Premier League.

Adolfo Bara, La Liga's director general of marketing on future plans and global strategy, told ESPN FC: "For the time being, Barcelona and Real Madrid have given us an amnesty as far as the European Super League is concerned. For La Liga to grow, we have to grow together and both clubs have told us they are now aligned with us in a more united approach."

While in Manchester the clubs received a series of presentations from Bara and also visited Manchester City's Etihad Stadium, where they were briefed on how clubs can benefit from a more a collective approach to areas such as the sale of television rights and distribution of income.

La Liga called the clubs to Manchester because some of its senior officials, located in its offices around the world, were in the city for the Soccerex Global Convention.

The debate on a European Super League reignited earlier this year following newspaper reports that some of England's leading sides had met to discuss the idea and, soon after, Barcelona's financial vice-president Susana Monje backed the idea.

Both of Spain's leading clubs have been among the leading voices on the controversial European Super League since it was first mooted more than 20 years ago.

Bara maintained that the "amnesty" does not mean the issue of the European Super League had been resolved and that La Liga continues to tread a careful path when it comes to dealing with two of the most powerful clubs in the world.

He said: "With Barcelona and Real Madrid we have a love-hate relationship. The key is to maintain the strength of our national league so that financially, we can get closer to the Premier League. It's been difficult convincing these two clubs on this but for now, they are with us.

"Of these two giants of the game, Madrid is the more difficult to deal with when it comes to the European Super League. Although they have committed to La Liga, they still think they can do their own thing. Our challenge is to continue convincing them that we must stick together."

La Liga and other members of the European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) are firmly opposed to the idea of a breakaway European Super League, claiming it would have a negative impact on all national leagues across the continent.

http://www.espnfc.us/spanish-primera-di ... ague-talks
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby dazby » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
s1ty m wrote:Martin Samuel is brilliant.

He only put into more detail what I outlined the other day - which makes me brilliant )))

Pure plagiarism. He obviously read your posts.

How's that trumpet of yours sounding?

Deafening mate -

Jokes aside , when you look at the bigger picture we all know what we should and shouldn't do - booing is the right thing to do and if it catches on with other clubs then we have really rammed a knife into the most thieving,corrupt bastard of an organization that exists in football today.

I never understood the mentality of city fans who thought otherwise - no need to nod your head and agree, ala dazby , with the manager ,Just because he wants us to.

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby BookJunior » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:49 pm

Look we all know its corrupt. The seeding system and draw alone declares that loud and clear.

Personally I think it will motivate Sheikh Mansour, Pepe and Khaldoon al Mubarak even more.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:47 am

Corruption at the highest levels of any organisation requires independent audit. Its obvious...but how many times have we seen this audit administered by the organisation under scrutiny?..we see it time and again. Whitewashes...or even worse, just window dressing. Football is a million miles away from cleaning itself up, years and years away.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby BookJunior » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Corruption at the highest levels of any organisation requires independent audit. Its obvious...but how many times have we seen this audit administered by the organisation under scrutiny?..we see it time and again. Whitewashes...or even worse, just window dressing. Football is a million miles away from cleaning itself up, years and years away.

I quite agree. Shareholders of public companies wouldn't put up with this nonsense.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum