Fat Cats carve-up

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fat Cats carve-up

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:58 pm

Dameerto wrote:And Pep wants us to take this competition (and it's organiser by implication) seriously... I would have a very hard time avoiding booing even though I know what he's trying to do and build.

I read that . will be interesting to see if we follow Peps lead or not .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:46 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
Dameerto wrote:And Pep wants us to take this competition (and it's organiser by implication) seriously... I would have a very hard time avoiding booing even though I know what he's trying to do and build.

I read that . will be interesting to see if we follow Peps lead or not .

Bollox.

In this case, pep follows our lead. This is about integrity and the right to voice your opinion against corruption.

If anyone asks or tells us to pipe then they're the ones that need educating.

I'm obviously not expecting him to boo, but to do similar to pelle and say it's the fans' right if they feel they are being shafted in any way.

The fans booing means the manager will get asked about it. It's the perfect opportunity to highlight the different reasons we are booing.

Which it did to a certain degree last season.
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:22 pm

So if I get this right a portion of premier league revenue is being shared out to Europe's most successful historic teams? In addition the seeding will benefit historically successful clubs?

And after blatter and platini they are allowing this.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:40 pm

london blue 2 wrote:So if I get this right a portion of premier league revenue is being shared out to Europe's most successful historic teams? In addition the seeding will benefit historically successful clubs?

Bit like giving some of the FA cup prize money to the Old Etonians or Corinthians
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:So if I get this right a portion of premier league revenue is being shared out to Europe's most successful historic teams? In addition the seeding will benefit historically successful clubs?

Bit like giving some of the FA cup prize money to the Old Etonians or Corinthians

Or is it only the champions league deal?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:51 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Or is it only the champions league deal?

Think it's just the CL deal. But why should the rags or any of the previous winners get a bigger slice because of a historic achievement? Surprise surprise, we are the losers in all of this and the architect is a bloke from Milan and David Gill.
nottsblue

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Fucking cunts

Incredible how blatant they are though, and nobody fucking questions it. Samuel is ploughing a lonely furrow, whilst the rest of the cunts on Fleet Street who moaned so much about FIFA and UEFA corruption yet on this particular aspect of corruption and fixing, we have newspapers who are actively choosing not to report certain elements of the news most likely because of their own clubs' interests - which for me ignoring news makes it nothing less than organised insitutional corruption.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:57 pm

Fuck that should have been two. Bad miss to be honest
nottsblue

Postby ashton287 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:Fucking cunts

Incredible how blatant they are though, and nobody fucking questions it. Samuel is ploughing a lonely furrow, whilst the rest of the cunts on Fleet Street who moaned so much about FIFA and UEFA corruption yet on this particular aspect of corruption and fixing, we have newspapers who are actively choosing not to report certain elements of the news most likely because of their own clubs' interests - which for me ignoring news makes it nothing less than organised insitutional corruption.

Problem is the majority don't see it. I haven't seen or heard anything about this proposal apart from this thread, any fan who's team are not in the CL won't give a toss either.

If I'm understanding it right, BT's deal was 1,000,000,000 and 850,000,000 of that would just dissapear to be "re-allocated"? With that kind of money anyones can be bought and they will carry on doing whatever they want and paying whoever needs paying to get it done. Never gonna stop.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:59 pm

ashton287 wrote:

Problem is the majority don't see it. I haven't seen or heard anything about this proposal apart from this thread, any fan who's team are not in the CL won't give a toss either.

If I'm understanding it right, BT's deal was 1,000,000,000 and 850,000,000 of that would just dissapear to be "re-allocated"? With that kind of money anyones can be bought and they will carry on doing whatever they want and paying whoever needs paying to get it done. Never gonna stop.

And yet the new guy at UEFA wants to tighten up FFP.

Guess who will be in the firing line for that again.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
ashton287 wrote:

And yet the new guy at UEFA wants to tighten up FFP.

Guess who will be in the firing line for that again.

I'm pretty sure we're bullet proof as far as the old regulations go, which means they would have to rewrite their rules to try and hamper us again - so I guess we will probably see some new anti-City rules on the horizon at some point.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:23 pm

ashton287 wrote:

Yes but that's money that's disappearing out of the other prem teams coffers.
I would hope it is of concern to other supporters.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:51 am

It's sad that we are constantly having to fight these corrupt fuckers. I can see a day when Pep leaves that a few long-standing fans will fuck it off for good.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:29 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:It's sad that we are constantly having to fight these corrupt fuckers. I can see a day when Pep leaves that a few long-standing fans will fuck it off for good.

I don't think I'll ever completely jack it in.
I can see a day after I've securely passed the baton on to my son and he can travel over on his own, that I may get jaded with the modern game and modern players and all that goes with them.
But can't see it happening while Pep is in charge.
This is shaping up to be what I've waited for all my City supporting life. I haven't enjoyed watching football so much, for many a long year. And every day is a school day. When you think you have the game figured out, it's like Pep rips up the rule book. I reckon he could put Kolarov in goal and nobody would be surprised or less confident.
I'm loving it at the moment.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:33 am

Honest question: Who's to say that City aren't in on this as well and even supporting it behind closed doors? Sure, in teh short term the club got a slap on teh wrist with FFP but in the long term, a closed shop is good for investment and would guarantee constant exposure for our owners and their brands through the CL. Which is why they bought the club in the first place no?

Not trying to be provocative, although I can see why this is might be a provocative post. Sorry in beforehand, just raising the issue.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:42 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Honest question: Who's to say that City aren't in on this as well and even supporting it behind closed doors? Sure, in teh short term the club got a slap on teh wrist with FFP but in the long term, a closed shop is good for investment and would guarantee constant exposure for our owners and their brands through the CL. Which is why they bought the club in the first place no?

Not trying to be provocative, although I can see why this is might be a provocative post. Sorry in beforehand, just raising the issue.

They may well be in as far as I'm sure they have a long term plan that caters for this eventuality.
Regardless of who is in on it, it's still wrong and will be the kind of thing that finishes a lot of people with the game.
As I've said in my previous post I can see some of us leaving it to a younger generation that will probably embrace all the modern trappings of football better than us that remeber pre-premier league.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:51 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Honest question: Who's to say that City aren't in on this as well and even supporting it behind closed doors? Sure, in teh short term the club got a slap on teh wrist with FFP but in the long term, a closed shop is good for investment and would guarantee constant exposure for our owners and their brands through the CL. Which is why they bought the club in the first place no?

Interesting thought CCJJ and a little bit frightening too.

If this were the case, I think I'd feel very uneasy about it and it wouldn't sit very easily with me.

However, given the way that we've been pilloried by all and sundry, for the last few years since our owners took over, I'm not sure the 'established order' would now welcome us into their fold, only for us to ultimately and completely dominate it.....at least I don't think they would, but who knows ??

A very unsettling scenario for me.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:06 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

They may well be in as far as I'm sure they have a long term plan that caters for this eventuality.
Regardless of who is in on it, it's still wrong and will be the kind of thing that finishes a lot of people with the game.
As I've said in my previous post I can see some of us leaving it to a younger generation that will probably embrace all the modern trappings of football better than us that remeber pre-premier league.

This +1
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:16 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:It's sad that we are constantly having to fight these corrupt fuckers. I can see a day when Pep leaves that a few long-standing fans will fuck it off for good.

I don't think I'll ever completely jack it in.
I can see a day after I've securely passed the baton on to my son and he can travel over on his own, that I may get jaded with the modern game and modern players and all that goes with them.
But can't see it happening while Pep is in charge.
This is shaping up to be what I've waited for all my City supporting life. I haven't enjoyed watching football so much, for many a long year. And every day is a school day. When you think you have the game figured out, it's like Pep rips up the rule book. I reckon he could put Kolarov in goal and nobody would be surprised or less confident.
I'm loving it at the moment.

Yeah, that's why I said after Pep leaves. No one in their right mind would knock it on the head at the moment. I wish we played every day it's that good.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:44 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

This +1

I also think that for people in the Americas, Africa and Asia, the politics behind matter little. At least for the average fan. Going to the game will matter less and less anyway because of VR and such.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum