***Swansea Cup Match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Swansea Cup Match thread***

Postby bigblue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:That clip just highlights how we are using their press against them. Drag them out, let them look as if they are putting pressure on us then 'Smash', our left back is a striker.

We've done that a ton this season. Forward/midfield players checking in and laying the ball off quickly so we can exploit the space behind. Only works when your players have the discipline to pass and move as a team, but so far we've been brilliant.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:36 pm

bigblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:That clip just highlights how we are using their press against them. Drag them out, let them look as if they are putting pressure on us then 'Smash', our left back is a striker.

We've done that a ton this season. Forward/midfield players checking in and laying the ball off quickly so we can exploit the space behind. Only works when your players have the discipline to pass and move as a team, but so far we've been brilliant.

We've only been allowed when the oppo actually try to press us, which hasn't been too much as yet. Swansea tried it and so did the Rags in the 2nd half. It will pay them dividends if they persevere but it also pays us as it opens the space for us to exploit. And we can exploit it!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bigblue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
bigblue wrote:

We've only been allowed when the oppo actually try to press us, which hasn't been too much as yet. Swansea tried it and so did the Rags in the 2nd half. It will pay them dividends if they persevere but it also pays us as it opens the space for us to exploit. And we can exploit it!

Even when they do sit in their own half, we have all different midfielders coming back to play 1-2s in order to mix up the defenders and make some space.

This is in big contrast to last year, where We'd just play the ball to Yaya or Fern and expect them to find the next pass in a super crowded and static area.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beveridgest » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:24 pm

Gundog, F1 and KdB facing you. The only reason to put a team out against them would be to say you had the honour of being playing on the same pitch.
Beveridgest
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:46 pm

bigblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Even when they do sit in their own half, we have all different midfielders coming back to play 1-2s in order to mix up the defenders and make some space.

This is in big contrast to last year, where We'd just play the ball to Yaya or Fern and expect them to find the next pass in a super crowded and static area.

I think that's what I was saying mate, whatever teams try to do, Pep has an answer for it. If we get teams parking the bus, we have a way through. If we get teams who want to play us, we have a way through. If we get ............ I think you get the drift.

These are things we haven't seen before, a pure tactician who can get his message across. We aren't just looking to beat teams 1-0 and hold onto the lead unless we really have to, we are looking to score multiple goals. What we have seen is mesmerising and it just wants you coming back for more. And that's a big equation in our custodians plan, not only winning games, but winning them in style.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Beveridgest wrote:Gundog, F1 and KdB facing you. The only reason to put a team out against them would be to say you had the honour of being playing on the same pitch.

Word.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beveridgest » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Apologies.
Beveridgest
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:03 pm

Beveridgest wrote:Apologies.

Just doubled your post count ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:32 am

Justified logic wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:Probably not, but Hart would not have been content sitting on the bench bar the odd Cup game. Bigger picture and all that.

Willy is wonky, but he is toeing the party line and don't forget his involvement in this:

How does that make you feel, phips, you utter saddo.

That is mightily impressive speeded up!

This is not speeded up its in slow motion !! :roll:
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby littlebig » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:31 pm

Class from our fans away again.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City