MotM v Swansea (PL)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Bravo
No votes
Sagna
No votes
Otamendi
6%
Stones
No votes
Kolarov
4%
Fernandinho
12%
Gundogan
2%
Silva
2%
The Brown
2%
Sterling
31%
Aguero
39%
Fernando
No votes
Zabaleta
2%
Navas
No votes

Total votes : 51

Re: MotM v Swansea (PL)

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:00 pm

Raheem for me.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:49 am

Couldn't get a stream to work for this match (internet problems) so had to rely on watching highlights on MotD and Sky before choosing (how the same game appeared so different on each baffles me!). No real stand out performances from what was shown. It's just nice to see we can win fairly comfortably without getting out of second gear. :D Gave it to Aguero over a very close second choice of Sterling just for that cheeky penalty!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby dazby » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:30 pm

Herb wrote:As much as it may baffle some, I gave my vote to Kolarov.
I think he's received some unfair criticism in the past, mostly because of his position in a high line defence and being played out of his best position under previous management.
I don't believe that Pep's reinvented him or blessed him with new skills, as some seem to think, I think that Pep just knows where best to play him for his talent to be seen and we're all seeing it now IMO.

Nice to see you posting about something other than Joe Hart. However, today was the worst game the wolf man has played this season.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:00 pm

dazby wrote:
I think he's received some unfair criticism in the past, mostly because of his position in a high line defence and being played out of his best position under previous management.
I don't believe that Pep's reinvented him or blessed him with new skills, as some seem to think, I think that Pep just knows where best to play him for his talent to be seen and we're all seeing it now IMO.

Nice to see you posting about something other than Joe Hart. However, today was the worst game the wolf man has played this season.

To be fair, it was probably everyone's worst game. Sagna was our worse player on the pitch. Stones had a very poor game.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:29 pm

Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:

To be fair, it was probably everyone's worst game. Sagna was our worse player on the pitch. Stones had a very poor game.

Didn't see the game Mase, but how did Otamendi and Bravo fare ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:22 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:

My name's not Mase but...

Nico was okay enough. Problem was Kola was leaving us exposed, and not so sure I like him as a fullback. Know Clichy played on Wednesday, but it is going to be a problem against pace on the right opposition wing.

I thought Bravo had his best game with us.

Made one very good save, one big punch to slow down danger, and was very good with his passing and ball control. So funny, how every time he works his way out of trouble the announcers and opposition fans (who raise their volume) act like it's going to turn into disaster, or comment on "this is what Pep wants, and why Joe Hart is gone...blah blah" since apparently the English media can't help but think it's a novelty still, yet when other outfield players do the same thing it's seen as quite normal.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:02 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:

My name's not Mase but...

Nico was okay enough. Problem was Kola was leaving us exposed, and not so sure I like him as a fullback. Know Clichy played on Wednesday, but it is going to be a problem against pace on the right opposition wing.

I thought Bravo had his best game with us.

Made one very good save, one big punch to slow down danger, and was very good with his passing and ball control. So funny, how every time he works his way out of trouble the announcers and opposition fans (who raise their volume) act like it's going to turn into disaster, or comment on "this is what Pep wants, and why Joe Hart is gone...blah blah" since apparently the English media can't help but think it's a novelty still, yet when other outfield players do the same thing it's seen as quite normal.

Thanks chum, that's useful to know. I appreciate the post.

Like you, I much prefer Kolarov as a central defender since Pep saw the potential in him for that role.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:35 pm

Mase wrote:....Stones had a very poor game.
Not as bad as the cup match on Wednesday though.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum