***celtic v pep's city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***celtic v pep's city official match thread***

Postby Grandad Rosler » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Gary Lineker introducing Celtic heroes Dembele and Sinclair. Fucking heroes.
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:49 pm

sheblue wrote:Thought Celtic played well, thought we were below average. If this was the city team of last season we would have been done tonight. Pep will be raging at the defending though which was very poor for their goals.

I thought that this was the test we needed. Celtic, with their speed (unusual) made us look average.

This, in football terms, was a learning experience and one that we should take on board having to play Spurs and the Dippers soon.

All credit to Celtic. Hate their fans, credit due.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dub City » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:49 pm

How many times did the ref stop us taking a corner to tell them to stop holding and fouling ? Just give the fucking pen
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby PeterParker » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:50 pm

By my counts, our record with Brennan is terrible. Just two wins: 4-0 vs Swansea in 2011 and 2-1 vs Scouse in 2013.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Dub City wrote:How many times did the ref stop us taking a corner to tell them to stop holding and fouling ? Just give the fucking pen

The ball wasn't in play though.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Grandad Rosler wrote:Gary Lineker introducing Celtic heroes Dembele and Sinclair. Fucking heroes.

Mate, we should take it as huge praise. It's not as if they're at the Etihad, they're on their own patch with, fuck me, that atmosphere.

Just shows how far we've come, we are now seen as one if the top teams in the world.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:53 pm

nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Wow, speaking about our defence, but Sergio and Gundogan were terrible.

Never seen Aguero piss poor like today. Not a good result, now we have two games with those cheating twats and we are also behind them. Fuck.

A number of times last season, especially away from home, Aguero was anonymous like tonight. Not his best game but we didn't have as much of the ball in the final third for Silva and Nolito to do the little give and goes that have been a hallmark of our play so far.

A point here is not disaster. The group will be won and lost by the fixtures v Barca. As long as we qualify at the end of the day, is all that counts. Sounds daft but not winning has now taken the pressure off the spuds game on Sunday a little bit. Sometimes in football you play an opponent who raise their game to the occasion and for whatever reason if you are not at your best, like a number of our boys were tonight, then you don't win. To not get defeated is actually then a bonus

He had little service and got the assist for the Nolito goal
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:54 pm

freshie wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Wow, speaking about our defence, but Sergio and Gundogan were terrible.

Never seen Aguero piss poor like today. Not a good result, now we have two games with those cheating twats and we are also behind them. Fuck.

A number of times last season, especially away from home, Aguero was anonymous like tonight. Not his best game but we didn't have as much of the ball in the final third for Silva and Nolito to do the little give and goes that have been a hallmark of our play so far.

A point here is not disaster. The group will be won and lost by the fixtures v Barca. As long as we qualify at the end of the day, is all that counts. Sounds daft but not winning has now taken the pressure off the spuds game on Sunday a little bit. Sometimes in football you play an opponent who raise their game to the occasion and for whatever reason if you are not at your best, like a number of our boys were tonight, then you don't win. To not get defeated is actually then a bonus

Exactly the service to Sergio was non existant.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby freshie » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Chris Sutton as bad as MaManaman
Cunt
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:55 pm

If I ever see Chris Sutton, he's going to get the the full force of a Beefy right hook!

Saying that, I may just point and laugh, asking him who was shagging his bird.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:55 pm

freshie wrote:

I see what you're saying but officially does that count as an assist now? If so, game's gone mad.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby freshie » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:56 pm

Grandad Rosler wrote:Gary Lineker introducing Celtic heroes Dembele and Sinclair. Fucking heroes.

For Celtic to get a 3-3 draw against us was heroic from them. Well played and we can have no arguments
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:57 pm

sheblue wrote:
freshie wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Aguero is always the one to do something out of the ordinary when the normal shit dint work. Celtic did well to cut him off.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:57 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
freshie wrote:

I see what you're saying but officially does that count as an assist now? If so, game's gone mad.

It's always counted as an assist so the game's been mad since day 1
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:00 pm

sheblue wrote:
freshie wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Wouldn't agree with that. I think aguero still thinks he can do those jinking runs past 2 or 3 on the edge of the box. I don't think he's that player anymore, age and injuries a factor. What I did see first half is sterling put in 2 perfect balls into the corridor that aguero really should have been on the end of. Instead, he was hanging around the penalty spot.

For a lone striker, they were golden opportunities for goals and he wasn't on the end of them. For such a good fucking player, the fact he didn't take the chance on Stirling's second cross shows a stubbornness.

As I've said in other posts though, tonight just felt like an off night for all. We're playing every 3 days more or less right now. They can't all be on point forever.
Last edited by KinkyKinkladze on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:04 pm

^^^
Maybe that's what Pep was talking about when he said at the weekend about improving Aguero as a player?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:04 pm

freshie wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
freshie wrote:

It's always counted as an assist so the game's been mad since day 1

Well fuck me, I've just learned something and feel an utter mong for it. In my 33 years I always thought it had to be an uninterrupted play from one player to another. Googled it and had no idea a saved shot could be an assist.

I'm off to bed. I am ashamed.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Grandad Rosler » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:04 pm

freshie wrote:

For Celtic to get a 3-3 draw against us was heroic from them. Well played and we can have no arguments

I don't know whether I would call it heroic to draw at home but no disagreeing that they played out of their skin.

Didn't see any of our heroes introduced as such for dragging us back into it 3 times. Agree too though that it's a sign of how far we've come.
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Dub City » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:05 pm

sheblue wrote:
Dub City wrote:How many times did the ref stop us taking a corner to tell them to stop holding and fouling ? Just give the fucking pen

The ball wasn't in play though.

Let the ball come into play and then give it
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:06 pm

Found it funny when the interviewer asked Pep if they learned when you lose and Pep, with a rye smile, said 'Of course we learn, if we lose'.

And now Brentan. 'I can't really blame the players ..... They were brilliant, top class, superb ....'.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum