***celtic v pep's city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***celtic v pep's city official match thread***

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:08 pm

So many people on here just presumed we would hammer Celtic, that was never going to be the case, just look at their home record in Europe and the noise their fans make.

Celtics team looked like they were up for a Derby match. That seemed to take our players by surprise and we were second best in terms of commitment which will disappoint Pep. We lacked aggression and composure.

I'm sure other teams will have taken note of Celtics performance. Except from an average United side we've played no one this season. So far it's all been sides happy to let us play.

A big improvement will be needed come Sunday.
Last edited by ross.mcfc on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby freshie » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:08 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
freshie wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
freshie wrote:
He had little service and got the assist for the Nolito goal

I see what you're saying but officially does that count as an assist now? If so, game's gone mad.

It's always counted as an assist so the game's been mad since day 1

Well fuck me, I've just learned something and feel an utter mong for it. In my 33 years I always thought it had to be an uninterrupted play from one player to another. Googled it and had no idea a saved shot could be an assist.

I'm off to bed. I am ashamed.

So you should be. Goodnight

I assume you don't play fantasy football?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:11 pm

Pundits said it was a triumph for Bodgers tactics - by getting a draw at home! Shows how much we have got them worried.

A decent enough point and we no longer have the millstone of the record run of wins since the start of the season round our necks.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby City64 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:13 pm

We would have lost that game in seasons gone bye . Celtic had incredible fortune with 2 of their goals the other Kolarov had a total mare !!! City meanwhile never gave up , bossed the 2nd half and had zero fortune ???? Aguero touched the ball twice all fucking game ??? Sterling , Silva , Fernandinho superb plus Zabba had a solid game . Yeah Celtic Park has atmosphere , we handled it with ease ........no luck going our way tonight no injuries and Aguero had one of those games ..............

CTID Spuds next , we need another 3pts lets do it !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby freshie » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:17 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:So many people on here just presumed we would hammer Celtic, that was never going to be the case, just look at their home record in Europe and the noise their fans make.

Celtics team looked like they were up for a Derby match. That seemed to take our players by surprise and we were second best in terms of commitment which will disappoint Pep. We lacked aggression and composure.

I'm sure other teams will have taken note of Celtics performance. Except from an average United side we've played no one this season. So far it's all been sides happy to let us play.

Exactly
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:19 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:So many people on here just presumed we would hammer Celtic, that was never going to be the case, just look at their home record in Europe and the noise their fans make.

And again mate, playing a Derby away is not as easy as it seems. That atmosphere cannot be ignored, you know yourself. We are now fairly used to the Manchester Derby and still do very well away from home. What we aren't used to yet is the Euro stuff where we still have a complex about the UEFA hierarchy, and rightly so.

Note how Celtic, who have a free pass into it, have taken on a virtual European approach to chanting whereas we are still trying to out across a very child-like pantomime? That will change, over time, and the fans will bring on the mentality to go with the growing identity.

As long as we don't turn into the Rags, and expect the world, I'm happy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:22 pm

City64 wrote:We would have lost that game in seasons gone bye . Celtic had incredible fortune with 2 of their goals the other Kolarov had a total mare !!! City meanwhile never gave up , bossed the 2nd half and had zero fortune ???? Aguero touched the ball twice all fucking game ??? Sterling , Silva , Fernandinho superb plus Zabba had a solid game . Yeah Celtic Park has atmosphere , we handled it with ease ........no luck going our way tonight no injuries and Aguero had one of those games ..............

Exactly.

And the fucking ref pissed me off, stopping our forwarded play in the last 10 for no reason at all.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:25 pm

Celtics 1st goal was fucking miles offside , there second a cross that took a wicked and lucky deflection ...............that's ALL their luck in the CL this season gone ! Yes they make some noise but go deftly quiet when the oppo shows its class . I thought Celtic would tire quicker than they did credit to them for that but fucking slating our commitment ???? we came back 3 times from adversity then totally bossed it ??? Good game though and very open for the CL .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What a half of football, none if us could have guessed that. This is what draws the crowds in but puts all of us on the oxygen.

I'm just thinking that going all out benefits Celtic in the short term but are they used to this pace in their league; can they keep it up for the full 90?

Spot on, that was how the game forgets about bent cunts like BFS. Credit to both teams and the Cektic fans, that's what' it's all about then.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:We would have lost that game in seasons gone bye . Celtic had incredible fortune with 2 of their goals the other Kolarov had a total mare !!! City meanwhile never gave up , bossed the 2nd half and had zero fortune ???? Aguero touched the ball twice all fucking game ??? Sterling , Silva , Fernandinho superb plus Zabba had a solid game . Yeah Celtic Park has atmosphere , we handled it with ease ........no luck going our way tonight no injuries and Aguero had one of those games ..............

Exactly.

And the fucking ref pissed me off, stopping our forwarded play in the last 10 for no reason at all.

Just needed Aguero firing Beefy and we would have scored 5 or 6 , total no show from him tonight im afraid ??? and Kolarov a total shambles pal.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Still, we are unbeaten in any competition since the semifinal with Real.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Justified logic » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Indecisive. That is all.
Justified logic

Postby s1ty m » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:15 pm

Kolarov. Why? Over our very impressive huge signing, Stones? Go figure.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Three goals conceded against Celtic. I'm shocked to be honest.

Same here. We were lowered to their standard.
Great for the neutral, but I thought we were shite.
I'll give Sterling a pass tonight though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Spurge » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:47 pm

Celtic on the front foot early doors, but big slices of fortune with their goals, 1st clearly offside linesman keep up! 2nd its an own goal and tough on Sterling, 3rd kola's mistake and a shinner finish. It was their cup final, I expect to win the replay comfortably in Manchester.

61% possession, 24 shots to their 9, on target 9 to their 3 - we should have won tonight, despite not performing at our best, though second half we turned the screw.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:53 am

I agree with the last statement having just watched a replay of tonight.

However I also find this post annoying as fuck.

Don't be such a Scottish homer dude. Be realistic. They are shit and we fucked up. Nothing else.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:35 am

Celtic and the fans are a throw back to how football was and should be,, My mates who went have said, mental day and night, the best atmosphere in a ground he has ever seen. Like going to Maine Road v Everton q/f FA Cup in 81.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby phips » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:41 am

valuable point away in a tough stadium with less than ideal weather/pitch conditions.

that first half was atrocious. would've been better off with the EDS defense.

Zaba and Gundogan particularly awful. Fernandinho was poor too given his great performances thus far this season.

thank god for Silva & Sterling.

little worried by how poor we looked against a pressing side....Liverpool will destroy us if we play like that.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:05 am

Gringo Twatburger wrote:

Don't be such a Scottish homer dude. Be realistic. They are shit and we fucked up. Nothing else.

Cheers

Ross is speaking sense here mate, Celtic have lost just 3 of 25 home games in CL group stage now, they are always capable of pulling off incredible results at home if the opposition isn't at it from the get go.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:39 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

Cheers

Ross is speaking sense here mate, Celtic have lost just 3 of 25 home games in CL group stage now, they are always capable of pulling off incredible results at home if the opposition isn't at it from the get go.

Some grounds are tough like Candle-pools, top teams lose to far worse teams and have done for years. EEZ Football ! And why we love it.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum