Knee jerk thread, last season deja vu?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Knee jerk thread, last season deja vu?

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:22 pm

I don't do "knee jerk" but I think it is fair to say Kolarov is a fucking liability when anywhere near his own penalty area .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:29 pm

City64 wrote:I don't do "knee jerk" but I think it is fair to say Kolarov is a fucking liability when anywhere near his own penalty area .

We may need him back at centre back if either of Stones or Otter pick up an injury. The Otter plays in Argentina on the Wednesday just before Everton. We don't have much cover at CB.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby RodneyRodney » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:24 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
City64 wrote:I don't do "knee jerk" but I think it is fair to say Kolarov is a fucking liability when anywhere near his own penalty area .

We may need him back at centre back if either of Stones or Otter pick up an injury. The Otter plays in Argentina on the Wednesday just before Everton. We don't have much cover at CB.

Time for Tosser ?
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:26 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Time for Tosser ?

Why not ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:36 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Time for Tosser ?

Why not ??

Any cunt will do literally other than Kolarov ! That isn't "knee jerk" its a fact !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby freshie » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:43 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Kolarov under the cosh. What's new?

He was not alone in his abjectness yesterday - in fact Bravo is the only one who emerges from that encounter with any credit and that includes Pep.

No but he's been consistently shit in the last 2 games now and definitely went hiding yesterday.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:52 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Time for Tosser ?

It's not a bad shout but he doesn't seem to have been involved as much over recent weeks.
South Stand Balti

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:58 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Time for Tosser ?

I really do hope nobody is even considering that as a knickname for the kid.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:05 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Time for Tosser ?

Kolarov seems to have the same nickname at the moment.
South Stand Balti

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:28 am

Originally posted in the match thread, but perhaps better here...........as I think there is a deja vu from last season in several senses.

We weren't on the same level as Spurs from the get go, completely outfought and outthought in midfield. It's just like last season, fantastic early doors, then come up against a few teams who have their tactics sorted and slowly but surely the results are tailing off. For me it's partly a player issue, and partly a managerial issue.

Warning signs have been there since the Swansea lc game as we have seen the squad slowly stretched and performance levels dip, just as they did in several games before the wheels fell of last season. Performance levels have actually almost been a carbon copy of this stage of last year.

I don't think we are anywhere near a run of 5 defeats in 12 like happened last year, but our squad doesn't have quality in depth to bully teams, and the last couple of weeks show that he's going to have to earn his money by working out different ways to play in this league against far better tactical managers than he has faced before.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:17 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:Originally posted in the match thread, but perhaps better here...........as I think there is a deja vu from last season in several senses.

We weren't on the same level as Spurs from the get go, completely outfought and outthought in midfield.

I stopped reading here.

We did make roughly the same number of chances as they did. The difference was they took theirs and we didn't.

I am not having this shite the media peddle about how we were battered. We weren't battered and the facts say it was only 2-0 to them, not seven or eight as the hyperbole here and in numerous other places would suggest, and we had just one shot less than they did. Don't kid yourselves; even though we didn't play well by our standards, we made chances and could have drawn or even won that match if we had taken them.

I am not apologising for knee-jerking against the knee-jerkers.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:19 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Time for Tosser ?

Alright, "YoYo" then.
Any advance on "Yoyo" ?
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:22 am

RodneyRodney wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Time for Tosser ?

Alright, "YoYo" then.
Any advance on "Yoyo" ?

Toto ?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:54 am

Isn't that the name of TinTins dog ?
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Justified logic » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:15 am

RodneyRodney wrote:Isn't that the name of TinTins dog ?

Dorothy's dog in the Wizard of Oz. Tintin's dog is Snowy.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:27 am

RodneyRodney wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Time for Tosser ?

Alright, "YoYo" then.
Any advance on "Yoyo" ?

A bit Oirish but..... Aire( pronounced arra.....means care or attention) The Boyo.

Boyo?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:43 am

What about BTK ?

Better Than Kolarov !

Well we have a KDB don't we :) :)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:30 am

RodneyRodney wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Time for Tosser ?

Alright, "YoYo" then.
Any advance on "Yoyo" ?

Definitely not Yoyo. Let's leave it to thick commentators to pronounce his name wrong and not join in. What's wrong with Tosin as it's his name!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:33 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:Originally posted in the match thread, but perhaps better here...........as I think there is a deja vu from last season in several senses.

We weren't on the same level as Spurs from the get go, completely outfought and outthought in midfield.

I stopped reading here.

We did make roughly the same number of chances as they did. The difference was they took theirs and we didn't.

I am not having this shite the media peddle about how we were battered. We weren't battered and the facts say it was only 2-0 to them, not seven or eight as the hyperbole here and in numerous other places would suggest, and we had just one shot less than they did. Don't kid yourselves; even though we didn't play well by our standards, we made chances and could have drawn or even won that match if we had taken them.

Spot on for me. We were just not that bad and Spurs were not that much better. Yes the result was right and we weren't at our best but to start calling the manager and team is just laughable.

A week ago we were 100% certainties for the league according to many and now we are supposed to be in decline and "found out" The fickleness of some fans is staggering.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:51 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I stopped reading here.

Spot on for me. We were just not that bad and Spurs were not that much better. Yes the result was right and we weren't at our best but to start calling the manager and team is just laughable.

A week ago we were 100% certainties for the league according to many and now we are supposed to be in decline and "found out" The fickleness of some fans is staggering.

Spurs away 1 fella in his mid fifties spent the whole game screaming launch it yer cunts, FFS, Half time he was explaining to his mate, Guardiola is fooking clueless, we need big cunts who can boot it and head it as far as possible, we fell about laughing at him, He left on 80 mins Sums up a lot of City fans....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum