Basic Errors

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Basic Errors

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:23 pm

What Pep is trying to achieve is like my old man turning up with his socket set from the 80's to take a look at my car.
Without the the tools were looking like fools. Some of the play is great, but one sleep p and top teams murder you. We had great options tonight but no killer instinct.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:24 pm

freshie wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Am i the only one not the least bit concerned? Win or learn, we wre learning. I have seen enough in the last four games to suggest we are going the right way.

apparently so - we've just lost 4 zip to an understrength underperforming Barca.

You need a hot bath, a bottle of whisky, a razor blade and Radiohead's greatest hits ;)
I took my only Radiohead cd back to the shop because I thought it was scratched ...
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:26 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I'm disappointed in the mistakes for this game. Fair enough the slip can't be helped but bravo's moment of madness and stones leaving a ball for Suarez and then attempting a Sunday league training tackle on Neymar really pissed me off.

It was like he had given up at that point.
A huge learning curve tonight.
I doubt Pep will be happy the way his composure went.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:54 pm

freshie wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Am i the only one not the least bit concerned? Win or learn, we wre learning. I have seen enough in the last four games to suggest we are going the right way.

No mate, I'm with you. Too many knee jerk reactions on here as fucking usual. We are a work in progress as Pep has admitted. It will take a few transfer windows to get the squad Pep wants. Not his fault he has inherited a shambolic defence, but Bravo could be a career defining transfer. Anyway I have seen enough progress this season to not be overly concerned. We have wanted Pep since the takeover - now we have him give him the time to sort his shit out, it's the least a man with his track record deserves. It is not our birthright to win every game just because we have spent hundreds of millions. A lot of that money has been wasted on dross especially in defence (and an ageing one at that too). Anyone who expected us to make a clean sweep in every competition we are in is deluded or doesn't understand football. Have faith fellow blues

Knee jerk is what forum's are all about. Really bad mistakes tonight but prior to Dinho's slip we were doing absolutely fine and justifying Pep's team selection and approach to the game. So much was going well and then the wheels came off with a joke first goal and the sending off.

Around that before and after we had plenty of the ball and should have scored at least one but somehow we are in a phase of just getting the final ball wrong, plus to be fair their keeper made a couple of great saves.

Not worried
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:15 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
freshie wrote:

No mate, I'm with you. Too many knee jerk reactions on here as fucking usual. We are a work in progress as Pep has admitted. It will take a few transfer windows to get the squad Pep wants. Not his fault he has inherited a shambolic defence, but Bravo could be a career defining transfer. Anyway I have seen enough progress this season to not be overly concerned. We have wanted Pep since the takeover - now we have him give him the time to sort his shit out, it's the least a man with his track record deserves. It is not our birthright to win every game just because we have spent hundreds of millions. A lot of that money has been wasted on dross especially in defence (and an ageing one at that too). Anyone who expected us to make a clean sweep in every competition we are in is deluded or doesn't understand football. Have faith fellow blues

Knee jerk is what forum's are all about. Really bad mistakes tonight but prior to Dinho's slip we were doing absolutely fine and justifying Pep's team selection and approach to the game. So much was going well and then the wheels came off with a joke first goal and the sending off.

Around that before and after we had plenty of the ball and should have scored at least one but somehow we are in a phase of just getting the final ball wrong, plus to be fair their keeper made a couple of great saves.

Not worried

+3 for me

we looked very good against the best team in the competition. we were not clinical enough. we could have made their defending look like ours did with the right pass. I know we have been beaten 4-0 and the media will have a field day. however I thought we were good for the most part tonight.

obviously a lot of work to do for pep in a short time before we play them at our place.

it's not all doom and gloom I see a good foundation and we will get there.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:39 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I'm disappointed in the mistakes for this game. Fair enough the slip can't be helped but bravo's moment of madness and stones leaving a ball for Suarez and then attempting a Sunday league training tackle on Neymar really pissed me off.

Agree completely, but considering he was at fault for the 3rd, being bothered by the 4th is a bare minimum for me. He was one of 3 or 4 that lost there heads in a winnable game for my money. At ht we had been the better side.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:14 am

Just to confirm, Barca were terrible last night and they still dicked us 4-0!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:24 am

Mase wrote:Just to confirm, Barca were terrible last night and they still dicked us 4-0!!
I didn't see any of the first half but what I saw of the second half wouldn't support that statement and they were helped by a catalogue of errors - we deserved that many as we made that many and more mistakes
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:26 am

Dunnylad wrote:
Mase wrote:Just to confirm, Barca were terrible last night and they still dicked us 4-0!!
I didn't see any of the first half but what I saw of the second half wouldn't support that statement and they were helped by a catalogue of errors - we deserved that many as we made that many and more mistakes

You don't think Barca we're terrible compared to the usual Barca?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:35 am

Mase wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:

You don't think Barca we're terrible compared to the usual Barca?
Towards the end they started carving us apart like the old Barca so there were moments - however, the biggest issue and the point of this thread is that we had moments that were well below standard & even for what you saw as an under performing Barca will not go unpunished 4:0 is more reflective of individual errors more than how great Barca were.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:13 am

they weren't terrible, what gives you that idea? Our overall play wasn't terrible either, in fact it was pretty good up until the sending off.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:51 am

johnny crossan wrote:
freshie wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

apparently so - we've just lost 4 zip to an understrength underperforming Barca.

You need a hot bath, a bottle of whisky, a razor blade and Radiohead's greatest hits ;)
I took my only Radiohead cd back to the shop because I thought it was scratched ...

That's a gracious rejoinder JC, but you've got to admit, freshie's one-liner was pure class.

Well done to you both :)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:52 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

they weren't terrible, what gives you that idea? Our overall play wasn't terrible either, in fact it was pretty good up until the sending off.

Because compared to the normal Barca they were terrible until we had Bravo sent off. Add to that their two best defenders went off injured.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:00 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
freshie wrote:

Not worried

+3 for me

we looked very good against the best team in the competition. we were not clinical enough. we could have made their defending look like ours did with the right pass. I know we have been beaten 4-0 and the media will have a field day. however I thought we were good for the most part tonight.

obviously a lot of work to do for pep in a short time before we play them at our place.

it's not all doom and gloom I see a good foundation and we will get there.

It's started already.

The term "humiliation" , amongst others', has been freely bandied about on Talkspite this morning whilst, by comparison, Celtic's home defeat has been described as merely "disappointing".
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:05 am

Mase wrote:

Because compared to the normal Barca they were terrible until we had Bravo sent off. Add to that their two best defenders went off injured.

They were terrible or we were good?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:06 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

There were moments in the game when we could have thrown the towel in as in the previous 2 seasons. After the first goal there was a ten minute period when I thought we'd returned to the bad old days. But I thought we stuck with it psychologically pretty well and noticed, surprisingly, that when the 'keeper got sent off Sterling got his finger out and tried to get us back into the game (to no great effect). There is a definite improvement in the head department but I just don't think we are up to it defensively as far as the personnel are concerned. But I still expect to see that department improve between now and the end of the season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:09 am

Mase wrote:

What I said.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 am

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

What I said.

You're wrong
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:27 am

Still massive work in progress but I am getting massively pissed off at all the basic errors happening every match and costing us hugely .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:38 am

We've been desperately unlucky with individual errors.

The only game so far this season that I feel we were genuinely outplayed was Spurs.

That's not a bad foundation to build at all and last night was the first time we matched Barca. The commentators kept saying how bad Barca were, yet when we underperform it's always about how amazing the other team is playing. The truth is in the middle, we made Barca look worse because we didn't allow them space.

Two evenly matched teams, but one having individual errors you're not likely to see in three more seasons, let alone the rest of this one.

Obviously, we need to improve in certain positions in order to properly enforce Pep's system, as well as it taking time for said system to become the norm. But we all knew that.

Didn't we?

Actually, don't answer that... it's pretty clear some fucking spoiled whingers expected more of a gap at the top of the league and to be ahead of Barca in the champions league group while this was going on.

Cunts.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum