Basic Errors

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Basic Errors

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:43 am

Original Dub wrote:We've been desperately unlucky with individual errors.

The only game so far this season that I feel we were genuinely outplayed was Spurs.

That's not a bad foundation to build at all and last night was the first time we matched Barca. The commentators kept saying how bad Barca were, yet when we underperform it's always about how amazing the other team is playing. The truth is in the middle, we made Barca look worse because we didn't allow them space.

Two evenly matched teams, but one having individual errors you're not likely to see in three more seasons, let alone the rest of this one.

Obviously, we need to improve in certain positions in order to properly enforce Pep's system, as well as it taking time for said system to become the norm. But we all knew that.

Didn't we?

Actually, don't answer that... it's pretty clear some fucking spoiled whingers expected more of a gap at the top of the league and to be ahead of Barca in the champions league group while this was going on.

Cunts.

That's a nicely balanced and objective assessment OD; a good post all round.

Well done to you
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby freshie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:33 pm

Mase wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:
Mase wrote:Just to confirm, Barca were terrible last night and they still dicked us 4-0!!
I didn't see any of the first half but what I saw of the second half wouldn't support that statement and they were helped by a catalogue of errors - we deserved that many as we made that many and more mistakes

You don't think Barca we're terrible compared to the usual Barca?

You don't think that had anything to do with the way we played? Even some of the pundits said we played well until Bravo got sent off yet our own fans can't give us any credit. Ridiculous

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 19.35.23.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by freshie on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Tactics seemed spot on to me, then brain far bravo stepped up to fuck us over. We were matching them and I couldn't believe even after going down to 10 men that we didn't score. I don't see any reason why we can't turn them over at ours, we just need all the players to bloody focus for 90 minutes.
Last edited by everyonehatesus on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:03 pm

freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:
Mase wrote:Just to confirm, Barca were terrible last night and they still dicked us 4-0!!
I didn't see any of the first half but what I saw of the second half wouldn't support that statement and they were helped by a catalogue of errors - we deserved that many as we made that many and more mistakes

You don't think that had anything to do with the way we played? Even some of the pundits said we played well until Bravo got sent off yet our own fans can't give us any credit. Ridiculous

So we shouldn't listen to the pundits when they're "talking shit about us and don't know what they're talking about" but now we should?

Fickle.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:27 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Tactics seemed spot on to me, then brain far bravo stepped up to fuck us over. We were matching them and I couldn't believe even after going down to 10 men that we didn't score. I don't see any reason why we can't turn them over at ours, we just need all the players to bloody focus for 90 minutes.

Yep
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby freshie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:47 pm

Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:

So we shouldn't listen to the pundits when they're "talking shit about us and don't know what they're talking about" but now we should?

Fickle.

Fickle? For supporting my team? Haha you joker
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:13 pm

Yeh definitely thats 100% why I suggested that you're fickle. I wasn't clear in my post.

Obviously.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Mase wrote:Yeh definitely thats 100% why I suggested that you're fickle. I wasn't clear in my post.

Obviously.

I think you're missing the point I was making which is that even those who usually can't wait to have a go at us admitted that we played well until the red card. Pity our own fans can't see it

But then your favourite player is kolarov. Enough said
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:19 pm

freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:Yeh definitely thats 100% why I suggested that you're fickle. I wasn't clear in my post.

Obviously.

I think you're missing the point I was making which is that even those who usually can't wait to have a go at us admitted that we played well until the red card. Pity our own fans can't see it

But then your favourite player is kolarov. Enough said

Favourite player? I'm not 12 mate haha!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:27 pm

nottsblue wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:Tactics seemed spot on to me, then brain far bravo stepped up to fuck us over. We were matching them and I couldn't believe even after going down to 10 men that we didn't score. I don't see any reason why we can't turn them over at ours, we just need all the players to bloody focus for 90 minutes.

Yep

It's wasn't the tactics, it was the execution of them.
Anyway moving on.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:02 pm

Well, I am simply loving what I'm seeing all over the pitch and I'm totally at one with what Pep seems to want, including Bravo's general combination of usually ace distribution and decent saving. Lets face it, if he becomes a liability we can sell him at a relatively small loss. Pep wont suffer a major fuck up by him . every few games any more than we will. But surely people can see the massive improvement in team play and individual improvements. What Pep can't change over night is the lack of physical resilience in the team or players past their sell by date. But he will sort that out gradually as and when the right players become available. In football, shit happens. It is what makes it so enjoyable, even when you are suffering it.. But I do believe the Guardiola revolution will bring us the invincible attractive team our financial muscle merits, and no one can possibly have thought that under the previous incumbent.IMO
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby edge275 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:07 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Well, I am simply loving what I'm seeing all over the pitch and I'm totally at one with what Pep seems to want, including Bravo's general combination of usually ace distribution and decent saving. Lets face it, if he becomes a liability we can sell him at a relatively small loss. Pep wont suffer a major fuck up by him . every few games any more than we will. But surely people can see the massive improvement in team play and individual improvements. What Pep can't change over night is the lack of physical resilience in the team or players past their sell by date. But he will sort that out gradually as and when the right players become available. In football, shit happens. It is what makes it so enjoyable, even when you are suffering it.. But I do believe the Guardiola revolution will bring us the invincible attractive team our financial muscle merits, and no one can possibly have thought that under the previous incumbent.IMO

Despite the lack of paragraphs, a very good post! :)
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Wooders wrote:fuck off the sweeper keeper shite

Apparently you can't say that around here or it's "knee jerk reaction".
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby PrezIke » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:36 pm

Dunnylad wrote:

Before their first goal we were well in the game. It seemed to demoralise us, if you ask me, given how we gave it away. Game was fairly evenly balanced until Fernandinho slipped, although they looked slightly more dangerous in the final third.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:31 am

Great to see old whingers piping up
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:08 am

PrezIke wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:

Before their first goal we were well in the game. It seemed to demoralise us, if you ask me, given how we gave it away. Game was fairly evenly balanced until Fernandinho slipped, although they looked slightly more dangerous in the final third.

For about 10-15 minutes, we finished the half the stronger team.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Of course it's knee jerk, we're only a fifth of the way through our first season under this new style.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:31 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Of course it's knee jerk, we're only a fifth of the way through our first season under this new style.

Look, Victor Valdes was mainstay in that amazing all-conquering Barcelona side yet he was fucking gash as a shot stopper. Easily the qorst player on the pitch when they played every single time. It was nice though because it gave opponents at least theiretical chance. I've seen all aorts ofmteams over the decades but that one stands out as best single team I ever saw.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:37 am

Look, Victor Valdes was mainstay in that amazing all-conquering Barcelona side yet he was fucking gash as a shot stopper. Easily the qorst player on the pitch when they played every single time. It was nice though because it gave opponents at least theiretical chance. I've seen all aorts ofmteams over the decades but that one stands out as best single team I ever saw.

doesn't really matter how shit your 'keeper is when you have lionel messi in your team
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:38 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

doesn't really matter how shit your 'keeper is when you have lionel messi in your team

That was kind of the point mate. Unfortunately we don't have Messi,... or Xavi or Iniesta for that matter.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum