Sunday v Southampton Now a Huge Game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sunday v Southampton Now a Huge Game

Postby aaron bond » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:58 pm

It's very difficult to believe Kompany can ever remain fit again for an extended period, but as we fucked up so badly with our defensive plans in the summer and left ourselves very short of quality, we're left with no choice but to play him.

It's hard to believe Otamendi is a professional footballer, never mind we paid over 30m for him. If Kompany is fit, we have to try and pair him with Stones.

Clichy is not as good as he was, but he's better than Kolarov and should play at left back.

With Sagna and Zab injured, there really is no harm in trying a youngster at right back. Zab is so dreadful now whoever replaces him can't be any worse. Hopefully Sagna is back soon.

Attacking wise, we're creating plenty but the finishing is letting us down. Even though Aguero hasn't been at his best recently, he is due a goal and we know once he gets going he'll score plenty.

Despite the scoreline, we were a constant threat against Barcelona and created lots of chances. We're due a big win and need to deliver this weekend.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:30 am

No choice but to play Kompany? If he is fit I would pick no other.

You're saying that if fit we're loathed to pick him whereas the reality is , is that if he is fully fit he's the first name on the sheet.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby aaron bond » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:06 am

Beefymcfc wrote:No choice but to play Kompany? If he is fit I would pick no other.

You're saying that if fit we're loathed to pick him whereas the reality is , is that if he is fully fit he's the first name on the sheet.

I am not sure if it's actually possible for him to ever be fully fit again, and if he does play then he's very likely to have to come off injured.

But our defence is a shambles at the moment and we need some leadership so if Kompany says he's fit we need to play him.

I want Kompany to be fit and a regular for us, but can he actually do that?

We screwed ourselves in the summer by not reorganising the defence. Bringing only Stones in was not enough.
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:47 pm

The dark shadow of Mark Clattenberg hangs over our game tomorrow.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:09 pm

Massive game. True test of peps character. Must win.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:06 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:No choice but to play Kompany? If he is fit I would pick no other.

I am not sure if it's actually possible for him to ever be fully fit again, and if he does play then he's very likely to have to come off injured.

But our defence is a shambles at the moment and we need some leadership so if Kompany says he's fit we need to play him.

We screwed ourselves in the summer by not reorganising the defence. Bringing only Stones in was not enough.

IMO We should never play Kompany again, sell him in January, simple reason being we cannot start to get some kind of consistency and then a few matches later hes injured again and we go fuckign backwards....again.

Id start MAFEO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

IMO We should never play Kompany again, sell him in January, simple reason being we cannot start to get some kind of consistency and then a few matches later hes injured again and we go fuckign backwards....again.

Id start MAFEO.

I'd just buy Bellerin
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum