***pep's city v soton official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***pep's city v soton official match thread***

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:29 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Aguero is a greedy little shit. Never tries to play anyone else in until it's too late. Sick and tired of it. We could have more goals and him have more assists if he played others in.

This. Is he just too proud? He's been pretty shit for a few matches now and he's trying too hard to prove himself, but he's trying to do it alone, gunning for a hero moment. Selfish is definitely the word.
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Truth is we didn't deserve a win.
Draw was about all we were worth.
Second half was s lot better, but only in parts.
Some are saying going to a back four made a difference. I think attack wise it was the switching of Sane and Sterling.
Nacho in the middle attacks the six yard area meaning all they need to do is put the ball across with their strong foot.

Silva has been poor for a few games now and I think is finding the pace difficult.

Aguero? Well there's a whole thread to discuss him. He holds onto the ball to long.
Sterling and Nacho were trying to play quickly through the packed defence but it just wasn't coming off.
Raheem is a totally different player when put on the right.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:20 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Truth is we didn't deserve a win.
Draw was about all we were worth.
Second half was s lot better, but only in parts.
Some are saying going to a back four made a difference. I think attack wise it was the switching of Sane and Sterling.
Nacho in the middle attacks the six yard area meaning all they need to do is put the ball across with their strong foot.

Silva has been poor for a few games now and I think is finding the pace difficult.

Aguero? Well there's a whole thread to discuss him. He holds onto the ball to long.
Sterling and Nacho were trying to play quickly through the packed defence but it just wasn't coming off.
Raheem is a totally different player when put on the right.

Aguero is lacking that extra yard which gives him his edge at the moment very clear to see when in the ground pitch side , Silva way off the pace also and his first touch isn't there . Biggest concern of all though is Gundogan it just isn't happening and he is key to peps set up !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:37 pm

Pep has a big problem trying to put all of his pieces together. You cant play them all together.

Long season though.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:44 pm

From the MuEN

Pep Guardiola kept his Manchester City players in the dressing room for 45 minutes after they failed to break their winless run.

The Blues boss suffered the worst run of his managerial career as his team were held 1-1 at home by Southampton.

And his response was to keep them behind for a thorough talking-to as they prepare to return to Old Trafford on Wednesday for an EFL Cup derby.

Guardiola was afterwards quizzed about what he had said to his players during that post-match inquest, but he refused to be drawn.

“We were drinking Coca-Cola and red wine,” he said cryptically, a comment being seen as meaning "Mind your own business".

He later gave a little more on it, saying: "We were together, we spoke, but nothing special. We spoke about what is the situation."

Guardiola finally emerged from the meeting to fulfil his media commitments, and initially looked stony-faced.

But he relaxed in front of the cameras and asked by one TV interviewer whether he would stick to his passing philosophy despite John Stones' howler handing Saints the lead, he was succinct: “Yep” he replied.

He then posed for photographs with some children before facing the questions at his press conference.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:24 pm

I just cannot get my head around how slow we are, we had in the team 4-5 players with a lot of pace and yet we get ball and come towards the other team like fucking a tortoise need to pass ball a fucking lot faster then we are doing at the moment, come forward and then go back then forward then back, hit a ball over the top of defenders for our players to run on to and when near goal FUCKING SHOOT NOT PASS PASS PASS IN THE AREA
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby phips » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:01 pm

after this draw i couldn't help but think back to Pep's final few years at Barca (i think thats when it was)....wasnt there a stretch there where Barca were getting beaten and people were calling it the end of Tika-taka (or whatever that stupid phrase is)? they just kept passing it around and even with all of those great players weren't winning....then he went to Bayern later and installed the same philosophy but tweaked it... not saying it won't work but maybe Pep underestimated the Premier League--or he just simply couldn't know how his style would fit. i think by next season he will have figured out how to mold it to fit into this league.

I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:02 am

phips wrote:after this draw i couldn't help but think back to Pep's final few years at Barca (i think thats when it was)....wasnt there a stretch there where Barca were getting beaten and people were calling it the end of Tika-taka (or whatever that stupid phrase is)? they just kept passing it around and even with all of those great players weren't winning....then he went to Bayern later and installed the same philosophy but tweaked it... not saying it won't work but maybe Pep underestimated the Premier League--or he just simply couldn't know how his style would fit. i think by next season he will have figured out how to mold it to fit into this league.

Final few years? How long was he manager there?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby HailNerdQueen » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:after this draw i couldn't help but think back to Pep's final few years at Barca (i think thats when it was)....wasnt there a stretch there where Barca were getting beaten and people were calling it the end of Tika-taka (or whatever that stupid phrase is)? they just kept passing it around and even with all of those great players weren't winning....then he went to Bayern later and installed the same philosophy but tweaked it... not saying it won't work but maybe Pep underestimated the Premier League--or he just simply couldn't know how his style would fit. i think by next season he will have figured out how to mold it to fit into this league.

One year with the reserve team and four at Barca, I believe.
HailNerdQueen

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby freshie » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

4 seasons, and he won La Liga (his 3rd in a row) and the Champions League in his penultimate season. Says it all about Phips
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby harveytravis » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:31 pm

Original Dub wrote:Well hopefully he learned that sterling must start on the right.

That was the main difference between first and second half.

Dissapointing. The first 45 mins was painful but hopefully the second half performance is what we'll take forward.

Top of the league

The exact thing I said to my son as they came on the field. On the right for Sterling. It's a no brainer
harveytravis

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:36 pm

When Guardiola was at Barca and München.He didn't just have a team on the pitch working for him , he also had a backroom staff and board working for him.

He also had the media on his side

Furthermore he had a team of refs working for the Bayern and Barca causes ( see other threads this weekend ) .

That cnut Clattenknob thinks he redeemed some respect giving the goalie a yellow card at the end ....no way Soton wasted an incredible amount of time and that tosser let it happen.

At City he has the refs and media against him as well as the opposition.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:22 pm

zuricity wrote:When Guardiola was at Barca and München.He didn't just have a team on the pitch working for him , he also had a backroom staff and board working for him.

Furthermore he had a team of refs working for the Bayern and Barca causes ( see other threads this weekend ) .

That cnut Clattenknob thinks he redeemed some respect giving the goalie a yellow card at the end ....no way Soton wasted an incredible amount of time and that tosser let it happen.

And that is a huge factor when it comes down to it. Undermining the upstart is what the PL has been all about but I note a distinct change in character this season from certain outlets, just hoping it is a turning point.

The reality is that the majority want him to fail, not just on City's part but because a few have somehow aligned themselves to Pep wanting to change the PL way of playing.

How can a foreigner be so rude, is what they see.

Sounds just like another way to spout the petro-dollars verve.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:When Guardiola was at Barca and München.He didn't just have a team on the pitch working for him , he also had a backroom staff and board working for him.

And that is a huge factor when it comes down to it. Undermining the upstart is what the PL has been all about but I note a distinct change in character this season from certain outlets, just hoping it is a turning point.

The reality is that the majority want him to fail, not just on City's part but because a few have somehow aligned themselves to Pep wanting to change the PL way of playing.

I remember the game with Sunderland and we looked shady as fuck,It was our first official game and got a very lucky win there and next game, we went and play FCSB and destroyed them, so our morale went through the roof.

We look again like a morale team and somehow, that cunt Rodgers managed to fuck that up for us. I don't think it comes down that much to the refs, to be fair. This season I think we had a lot of decision that were good, if you ask me.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:41 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I remember the game with Sunderland and we looked shady as fuck,It was our first official game and got a very lucky win there and next game, we went and play FCSB and destroyed them, so our morale went through the roof.

We look again like a morale team and somehow, that cunt Rodgers managed to fuck that up for us. I don't think it comes down that much to the refs, to be fair. This season I think we had a lot of decision that were good, if you ask me.

It was more to do with the media rather than the ref's. I've not really had an issue with the ref's this season and been happy with their officiating of the Rags for a few years now. They still make a difference though, as with the Spurs game last season or the new premise that you will give a penalty for not looking at the ball. Note how that regulation has now been swept under the carpet.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:31 pm

Things aint going well but we have both fucked ourselves and been unlucky. Score penalties and don't do schoolboy pass backs and we are clear by four points. The Sane on the right decision was a big a piece of idiocy as you could come up with if you were the manager of Newton Heath Loco and Pep needs to eat some humble pie over that. Fuck me the fullback was a rookie who was terrified. Summerbee would have been helping him out of his shorts whilst he went passed him. Silva is not 100% fit AGAIN and it always shows.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum