Post match thoughts.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Post match thoughts.

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:40 pm

It seems Pep locked the dressing room door after that game. Like to have been a fly on the wall.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:58 pm

we've not been the same since de bruyne got injured. silva has gone off the boil, as well. aguero...well, let's just say my opinion hasn't changed on that subject...
Last edited by Sideshow Bob on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:59 pm

Some Morons in South Stand Level 3 near were I sit , both Half-Time and Full Time - Wankers.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:Sterling was brilliant , Sane had a decent game and Vinny did not get injured.

All the part-time know all about football must be loving this as they of course know more about the game then our manager who has only won 21 trophies in seven seasons.

And people booing at the game.

Fucking embarrassment and do not deserve this club.

Strange times indeed.

it's booing the perceived half arsed attitude of the players. if we had put in the same effort as the soton players we'd have walked it today.
i don't know why so many of you keep batting this off as something of nothing?

You are saying this regularly even though spurs aside, our players application was not the problem at all.

The first 45 mins we were guilty of that but you say this is a problem in every game recently.

That's just simply not true.
Individual mistakes are costing us over the last week in particular.

I think we have the second hardest working team in the whole league after the dippers, so I think you'll need to look elswhere.

And back to the booing - fans booing or as you say refusing to go to the match are an embarrassment.

A fucking embarrassment. So are the idiots on here who refuse to see that we have only started out with this new manager and his new system.

Fucking children throwing toys out of the pram.

And you chalked the barcelona defeat off to the exact same reason- lack of application or hunger.

Wrong again.

If you really "say it as it is" you'd admit that the only time we got truly out played all season so far was against spurs away.

We matched barcelona on their own ground. The best team in the world.

Individual mistakes are costing us, not fucking hunger and desire.
Original Dub

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:25 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:thought we were magnificent. nothing to be concerned about at all. can't wait for the game in midweek.

Tell us more about your theory that our fans have stopped going to matches because of how we play.

It's pretty clear you have been against this manager and the spanish directors from the get go.

It's just a bit baffling as to why?

ask mase why he didn't today....

nothing against the manager

the spafia have spunked a fortune on bang average players

This is the biggest problem for me. I said alot over the last 18 months about us regressing in terms of the quality of players. I got some stick for it but finishing with our lowest points total for 7 years last season proved the point. We were buying world class players like Aguero, Yaya, Merlin, Tevez etc but more recently we have bought Mangala, Fernando, Stones, Otter, Gundo etc. We let Sami (top of the league) go, but Navas is still here. We had Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Balo in the squad and now have Aguero and Nacho. We have wasted a fortune. Bravo and Stones are a match made in heaven. Sterling on the left? The suicide system where we fuck around at the back until we concede. The last 2 games have been shambolic but it's not bad luck. We deliberately play a high risk game. The personnel are not good enough to win the league and win in Europe and the tactical nativity is staggering. Did Pep keep the players in the dressing room after the game, or was it the other way round.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:31 pm

dazby wrote:That was easily the worst game Kun has played for us whilst fit.

I'd have loved to have seen Sterling be a wee bit more greedy. He was cutting holes through them.

Good game from Bravo.

How's so?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:Sterling was brilliant , Sane had a decent game and Vinny did not get injured.

All the part-time know all about football must be loving this as they of course know more about the game then our manager who has only won 21 trophies in seven seasons.

And people booing at the game.

Fucking embarrassment and do not deserve this club.

Strange times indeed.

it's booing the perceived half arsed attitude of the players. if we had put in the same effort as the soton players we'd have walked it today.
i don't know why so many of you keep batting this off as something of nothing?

You are saying this regularly even though spurs aside, our players application was not the problem at all.

The first 45 mins we were guilty of that but you say this is a problem in every game recently.

That's just simply not true.
Individual mistakes are costing us over the last week in particular.

I think we have the second hardest working team in the whole league after the dippers, so I think you'll need to look elswhere.

And back to the booing - fans booing or as you say refusing to go to the match are an embarrassment.

A fucking embarrassment. So are the idiots on here who refuse to see that we have only started out with this new manager and his new system.

Fucking children throwing toys out of the pram.

And you chalked the barcelona defeat off to the exact same reason- lack of application or hunger.

Wrong again.

If you really "say it as it is" you'd admit that the only time we got truly out played all season so far was against spurs away.

We matched barcelona on their own ground. The best team in the world.

Individual mistakes are costing us, not fucking hunger and desire.

again....
this is not just about this season
there is a repeating pattern
btw - spurs didn't outplay us, they outfought us. big difference.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:30 pm

The world is ending kill me now
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I'd have loved to have seen Sterling be a wee bit more greedy. He was cutting holes through them.

Good game from Bravo.

How's so?

Made saves when he was called on. No blame from me for the goal. Distribution was acceptable. Equals a good game for a goalie
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:37 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Some Morons in South Stand Level 3 near were I sit , both Half-Time and Full Time - Wankers.

in SS level 3 the stewards making everyone sit down again and taking seat numbers. Total inconsistencies on City's behalf, they need to sort it out. either enforce it every game or not at all.

also the booing imo was aimed at the time wasting cheating Southampton players and the fact that CLATTENBUNG took 90 mins to book them for time-wasting. If he had done that 30 mins earlier to England's 4th choice keeper he would have had to stop it.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Missed Nolito as well I thought. He somehow brings the best out of Silva as well.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Top of the league.

How did the Rags get on?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:21 pm

While we have made some schoolboy errors and shipped ten goals in these last five games, I think the main reason we have gone backwards is that we are not scoring when we dominate. Missed penalties, missed chances vs Barca, failure to make clear cut chances when dominant like today, reluctance to shoot (that is the most annoying) have cost us.

That is the big difference to the first 11 games. In all those first games we took the lead, but we haven’t done that since. Score either penalty against Everton and we would probably have won, score any of our first half chances against Barca and it could have been different.

Partly it seems to be poor finishing, partly this reluctance to shoot and trying to be too clever round the box (or Kun wanting to run through three players rather than lay it off), but it is reminiscent of last season.

Pep said it would take until Christmas for the players to get his system, and maybe now that the new manager effect has worn off they are drifting back to their old ways. One difference to last season though is that we do not collapse after going behind (Spurs and a sending off being the exceptions, on three occasions we have fought back).
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:34 pm

My post match thoughts:

1. Top of the league - not bad for a team in free fall
2. Unforced errors caused by implementation of a new system are costing us. Short term pain for long term gain.
3. Core players are in place. Start of next season before we see a 'real' Pep team.
4. Kun is in the departure lounge. Flight scheduled for next summer.
5. Every player knows he is playing for his future at City. This makes the first half performance hard to understand.
But it tells Pep everything he needs to know about a player's character - a good thing.
6. Today only 3 shots on target is a slight concern but Southampton are very organised and have good players.
7. The players who have been shipped out - it had very little to do with their footballing abilities (for ex, Nasri)
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Looked like last season except with a more fragile defence
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:18 pm

Was a little gutted after the game as I thought we had enough possession and chances to win it. Then I looked at the stats and we only had 3 shots on target (from 14). That then showed how good Southampton played defensively, using 2 banks of 5 to stop our approach.

This has been a diffucult period, quick games in succession against decent opposition, it's been a bit if a slog. We now go away to the Rags again and even though they're shit they'll give it 100% to get some pride back. Celtic, Barca and Rags as midweek games before playing decent teams just doesn't give us chance to rest, and when your own players leave you chasing the game, it not only becomes physical, it becomes psychological.

Overall, not great. In the greater scheme if things, with us only being a few games in to Pep's reign, it's not all that bad.

And still top of the league to boot. Who'd have thought it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:13 am

nottsblue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Good game from Bravo.

How's so?

Made saves when he was called on. No blame from me for the goal. Distribution was acceptable. Equals a good game for a goalie

Bang on. Pulled out some top drawer distribution in the second half too.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:00 am

What was the Booing all about?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:00 am

Were the ball boys on a 'go-slow'?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:08 am

Beefymcfc wrote:What was the Booing all about?

Booing was aimed at Southampton players and keeper who were blatant time wasting from the 50th minute plus some at Clattencunt who eventually decided to book a couple around the 85th minute . No booing whatsoever aimed at City or our players that just didn't happen !!!
Ps it was fucking freezing yesterday with that cold north easterly wind plus a shit match .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum