Bloody hell it's a derby this week

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bloody hell it's a derby this week

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:25 pm

9,000 = blues deserve a team to win at the fooking swamp. Pep knows that the Copa Del Rey wins at Madrid are valued by Barca fans I am the same win at the dirty bastards hovel, it's the law.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:17 pm

Can't make up my mind about this. Don't want any injuries so don't want to send out the first team players. However, it's the scum....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:43 pm

Tony P wrote:How bad will it be for us if we lose?

Don't think it would matter as much for us as it would for Jose.
I do think he will have learned from our first encounter and don't think he will allow us move the ball the way we did.
I would like to see a few youngsters in our team.
Yes I would hate to lose to them, but in the grand scheme of things I think defeat would mean less to us.
We have bigger fish to fry.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:44 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Can't make up my mind about this. Don't want any injuries so don't want to send out the first team players. However, it's the scum....

Go beat the scum use some anti bacterial wash and get the fuck out of there and let them moan like fook. Keep em down give them nothing to build on
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:52 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Can't make up my mind about this. Don't want any injuries so don't want to send out the first team players. However, it's the scum....

Go beat the scum use some anti bacterial wash and get the fuck out of there and let them moan like fook. Keep em down give them nothing to build on

From Vinny K: Asked if he was relishing Wednesday’s EFL Cup showdown at Old Trafford, Kompany said: “Come on - always. The bigger the game, the better. These games are what you play for.

“It’s just physically impossible for me to play down a derby, but the more they [United] say this is the fourth competition, the better it is for us.”
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:53 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What I would go with:

Gunn ( precautionary move, don't want to hurt our Willy before Barca )

Maffeo
Clichy
Otter
Tosin ( perhaps Kompany instead if he's fit enough )

Garcia
Fernando
Silva ( would like to rest him but don't see an alternative if Kev's crocked )

Sanè
Nolito
Iheanacho

That's, actually, not a bad looking team, all things considered FIBD.

If nothing else, I'd like to see Garcia given more game time; he always seems as though he'd fit perfectly into a Pep midfield.

The front three look an interesting combination as well.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:57 pm

It will be bad enough. I never want them to win, any game, any circumstances, any time. So whenever they beat us not only do we loose to them but they win as well. It's a double kick in the nuts. So yes it will be bad and yes it matters a lot.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:09 pm

sheblue wrote:

It will be bad enough. I never want them to win, any game, any circumstances, any time. So whenever they beat us not only do we loose to them but they win as well. It's a double kick in the nuts. So yes it will be bad and yes it matters a lot.

Metaphorical "nuts" surely :roll:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:18 pm

zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Metaphorical "nuts" surely :roll:

No :lol: :lol: :lol:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PrezIke » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 pm

AG7 wrote:After the weekend's results for both it's kind of become a MUST NOT LOSE for both teams (and managers) ... only issue is it's a cup tie so can't be drawn else both would probably have taken a draw as a loss would dent the confidence further ... but a win on the other hand can really kickstart the season for the respective winner ... so it's kind of a MUST WIN really now ... only question is who is it more important for (and who will take it that way?)

Not really a must win to me. The season will not be lost on one EFL cup tie, away other than for the fans who are on edge over 5 games on the bounce with no win and based on who we are playing mattering so much to us as well as some sort of relief from concerns being expressed, and arguably panic from some, if you ask me.

Losing would hurt, but more pressure is surely on Mourinho after their thumping, however both of us care more about the league performance. Both of us also operating with depleted back lines.

We are utilising 3 at the back in part due to this, with wing backs who want to get forward/not defend, and our performances (MOTD did an excellent breakdown of this last night) are also reflecting a learning curve (i.e. Vinny's and Stones' indecision/error/communication gap yesterday when we gave away the goal).

We played better in the 2nd half, well against Everton, more than fine against Barca away before the goal/red card, we were outplayed by Spurs but weren't really that bad and could have won against different opposition, and against Celtic we came back three times in a tough away game.

We have not won, but we have not been exactly awful, and there is no real crisis if you ask me.

We may have to put out a weakened team because the EFL Cup has to be a lower priority even if we are facing our biggest rival. Same pressure is on Utd anywaym so I don't even necessarily think they can play their best side.

Will be interesting to see what the teams are. I think it will go to penalties.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:40 pm

I'm contemplating giving my ticket away. Feel very 'cant be arsed' at the moment. Weirdly as I do about most games this season. Strange innit? Maybe I'm finally growing up.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:45 pm

PrezIke wrote:
AG7 wrote:After the weekend's results for both it's kind of become a MUST NOT LOSE for both teams (and managers) ... only issue is it's a cup tie so can't be drawn else both would probably have taken a draw as a loss would dent the confidence further ... but a win on the other hand can really kickstart the season for the respective winner ... so it's kind of a MUST WIN really now ... only question is who is it more important for (and who will take it that way?)

Not really a must win to me. The season will not be lost on one EFL cup tie, away other than for the fans who are on edge over 5 games on the bounce with no win and based on who we are playing mattering so much to us as well as some sort of relief from concerns being expressed, and arguably panic from some, if you ask me.

Losing would hurt, but more pressure is surely on Mourinho after their thumping, however both of us care more about the league performance. Both of us also operating with depleted back lines.

We are utilising 3 at the back in part due to this, with wing backs who want to get forward/not defend, and our performances (MOTD did an excellent breakdown of this last night) are also reflecting a learning curve (i.e. Vinny's and Stones' indecision/error/communication gap yesterday when we gave away the goal).

We played better in the 2nd half, well against Everton, more than fine against Barca away before the goal/red card, we were outplayed by Spurs but weren't really that bad and could have won against different opposition, and against Celtic we came back three times in a tough away game.

We have not won, but we have not been exactly awful, and there is no real crisis if you ask me.

We may have to put out a weakened team because the EFL Cup has to be a lower priority even if we are facing our biggest rival. Same pressure is on Utd anywaym so I don't even necessarily think they can play their best side.

How about smash them and then put out the kids next round ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Maffeo
Clichy
Otter

Garcia
Fernando

Sanè
Nolito
Iheanacho

If nothing else, I'd like to see Garcia given more game time; he always seems as though he'd fit perfectly into a Pep midfield.

I'd like to see Kompany and Stones get some hours under the belt as I see this as the long term partnership....if Komps manages to avoid injury for a prolonged period.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby PrezIke » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:27 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

How about smash them and then put out the kids next round ?

With our best team? Only two days rest each in between the last game, Wednesday and next weekend. If any match is a must win coming up West Brom seems it should be. Hard to gauge the need for rest vs. morale boost. Could also see big win against Utd followed by a more lackluster hangover. Watch us draw Liverpool if we win on Wednesday anyway.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:35 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Maffeo
Clichy
Otter

Garcia
Fernando

Sanè
Nolito
Iheanacho

I'd like to see Kompany and Stones get some hours under the belt as I see this as the long term partnership....if Komps manages to avoid injury for a prolonged period.

I wouldn't mind that either, but if we play three at the back Stones should be in the middle, not Kompany.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:17 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Maffeo
Clichy
Otter

Garcia
Fernando

Sanè
Nolito
Iheanacho

I wouldn't mind that either, but if we play three at the back Stones should be in the middle, not Kompany.

Absolutely.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I'm contemplating giving my ticket away. Feel very 'cant be arsed' at the moment. Weirdly as I do about most games this season. Strange innit? Maybe I'm finally growing up.

My mate was a Superbia member who travelled home and away, every game, PL to Europa/CL. Then, without warning, he sacked the lot and it's very rare you see him at a game today.

He can't explain, neither can i, but I think he had waited so long that when the time come he just couldn't handle it; he was spent. Looking now, it could be said that we aren't living up to his expectation, that we should expect to win every game; walk it even.

I still don't get it though. Being away for so long just keeps me even more eager and the reward for being away is getting smaller for time being at home and being able to attend.

It's not just the game for me, it's the social side. I miss it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:31 pm

u23s this evening.

1 B. O'Brien
3 C. Humphreys
5 Erik Sarmiento
2 J. Horsfield
7 A. Nemane
8 R. Kongolo
4 J. Davenport
9 Brahim Diaz
6 S. Diallo
11 J. Dilrosun
10 Paolo Fernandes
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
16 L. Bolton for A. Nemane 46'
12 E. Francis for Erik Sarmiento 46'
15 W. Patching for Paolo Fernandes 75'

Surely those that don't play much, if at all, in that competition have to get some game time sometime somewhere?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Silva needs a rest and so does Sterling . I would also rest Stones , too many mistakes from him lately . Gundogan is tweeting he wants to start ? maybe he wants to prove something and is right up for it ? Aguero and Kelechi need game time and so does Sane . Navas also due a run out and Nolito , at the back Kompany , Otter and Clichy to start .......throw a couple of young uns in there and team sort of picks itself ? Very decent team there and always always want to beat the scum whatever the competition is !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:47 pm

Dont see how theres anyway Kompany plays. He played around 70 at the weekend (I think) and hes just back from injury.

Like to Kelechi and Sane both start
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum