A little chat from the cafe

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

A little chat from the cafe

Postby CuteMancs » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:13 am

It seems that Talkshite is all about the rags this morning, so I thought I would take a look at their forum. Happy to report they are all in a bad place :)

Enjoy ...

Team Selection

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Blind Shaw
Pogba Herrera
Mkhitaryan Mata Martial
Zlatan

Referee: Mike Dean

My favourite

Why isn't it possible to predict more than 0-5?

And the rest…

We're going to get demolished…Team morale and confidence will be at an all-time low after today

If Jose sets up for another stifle job, we should and would deserve another hiding!

It will be a much closer game imo. City's not playing very well either. And it's at home for United. And Chelsea was underrated before the game by a lot of people. Only problem is United just doesn't care about dominating the game.

I personally wouldn't change much for this.. The players themselves need a pick-up and this is a big enough game to start a new chapter. Herrera can dim Silva or De Bryune and Pogba and Carrick will feed the strikers(hopefully Rooney is back)…2-0 Pogba and Rooney(Rashford)

Going into the game neither side is in great form right now…But City WILL be up for this. Will we?

Confident of a win.

Pathetic to see the predictions here for this game. city has not won for five games, yet you all love them don't you?

Just glad it's the league cup. Couldn't handle another thrashing in the league so soon after today.

Mickey mouse game, we'll show up and win.

Pogba and Ibra don't deserve a start here. They've massively let us down in every big game, and you can't point to some great performances in the past in big games in previous clubs. Ibra has always been more of a guy who consistently grabs goals and beats the cannon fodder so he won't bring much to this game. But with this side, we get pace and quality on the ball in every position (apart from Smalling and Blind... Forced due to Bailly being injured, otherwise Smalling wouldn't be in the 18 for me).

Going to get hammered again. Buzzing for this.

We're due a result against a big team. Pretty confident we'll respond after today.

City look average at the moment, but we are woeful. Derby-factor aside, this is a nothing game. We need to start winning some league matches.

Play the u-21s.

Both teams desperate for a win, more so us than City. We'll lose

This is the perfect game for City to break their winless streak.

Completely meaningless game against our local rivals. Hate it. Even if we win it's useless. The only thing that matters right now is performing in the actual league, maybe Europe, then maybe the FA Cup…Imagine if we'd end up finishing 6th in the league, get knocked out of Europe but win the fecking League Cup, now that would be too much for me after the shiteshow of last years.

There's no way City isnt going to win, easy loss and Mourinho will continue his poor record against top teams

Please try Memphis - Mata - Mhki and Martial as striker!!

Do we really have to play this?

I dont care a jot about this. Get it out of the way and sort ourselves out in the league. Same goes for the Europa League.

If Agüero and KdB are fit for this one, then this will be disastrous. I cannot see City not scoring at least 2-3 goals. However, what will Pogba or Ibra do on the other end?

People saying this team don't have a winning mentality. Getting knocked out of every cup competition is not going to help. They need to start on a winning streak, not a not losing streak, a winning streak…Although the perverse part of me would love both sides to put out their kids to ruin Sky's big build up to the game.

Anyone thinks we should employ 3 up front like Southampton and press from the front? Without zlatan or Rooney of course

o Don't start Lingard
o Don't play Fellaini
o Mata in the first XI
o Don't play Rashford as a defensive winger
o Don't play Zlatan as a solo striker

I expect 4/5 of those criterias still not being fulfilled. Mou really needs to get his head straight.

Pep is bald..De Bryune is back..6-0 to City

After Yesterday's debacle, expect players and manager to be 100% motivated for this.

Showed City too much respect in the league fixture. This is Guardiola's Berties, not his Barca or Bayern…2-1 United. Get it right up them.
If we play ultra defensively at home against City, I'm gonna get pissed off. They'll for sure be the team with the most ball possession, but we can't just lay low and hope for a draw. That's not the way I like us to approach games, specially not at home games. City is pretty shaky in their defense theirselfs, so the only way can expose that, is to play offensive football and attack their weakness.

We need to bring our best players into the starting eleven. Martial, Mkhitaryan, Mata should be starting games. Enough of the catering for England. Also, keep Fellaini away from the team.

I would hope that the players would feel totally ashamed and humiliated after Chelsea wiped the floor with them and that they would come out fighting and give City a hiding but I've just seen Mike Dean is ref so I'm guessing City will win with an offside goal and at least 2 United players will get red cards

I suspect that United may be more serious in their squad selection than City and, thus, win the game…United will be motivated after the drubbing at the Bridge.
How could they not be? Not just the players but the fans also. Difficult one to predict.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: A little chat from the cafe

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:22 am

Ha Ha, most enjoyable that CM

Chortled my way through all that, interesting to note is, the 'noisy neighbours' being regularly referred to by the swamp dwellers like this.....

We're due a result against a big team.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:38 am

CTID Hants wrote:Ha Ha, most enjoyable that CM

Chortled my way through all that, interesting to note is, the 'noisy neighbours' being regularly referred to by the swamp dwellers like this.....

We're due a result against a big team.

I enjoyed it too and particularly that one liner.

Cheers CM. now off you go for a full on surgical scrub.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:02 pm

Big Team......noisy neighbours....I wish they'd make their fuckin minds up :))))
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:05 pm

Pogba and Ibra don't deserve a start here. They've massively let us down in every big game, and you can't point to some great performances in the past in big games in previous clubs. Ibra has always been more of a guy who consistently grabs goals and beats the cannon fodder so he won't bring much to this game.

Here's a lad talking a bit of sense...
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Cheers CM.

Like to finish what one rag started.

Pep is bald