Barry Bennell, serial paedophile. Links to City?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Barry Bennell, serial paedophile. Links to City?

Postby aaron bond » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:27 pm

john@staustell wrote:I think anyone involved should come forward and get these cunts locked up, preferably somewhere like Iran.

But I'm struggling a bit with someone having a bad game 15 years later because of it. Maybe the phrase about this Bennel guy targeting shy, weaker boys is significant?

Lots of people put lots of bad things behind them and get on with it. Otherwise you'll go nuts. Maybe I'm just hardened by life's experiences?

I'm honestly lost for words at your post.

Young children repeatedly abused by people they're supposed to trust and they're supposed just to 'get on with it.'

Nice to see a moderator setting an example for the board.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:47 pm

aaron bond wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I think anyone involved should come forward and get these cunts locked up, preferably somewhere like Iran.

But I'm struggling a bit with someone having a bad game 15 years later because of it. Maybe the phrase about this Bennel guy targeting shy, weaker boys is significant?

Lots of people put lots of bad things behind them and get on with it. Otherwise you'll go nuts. Maybe I'm just hardened by life's experiences?

Young children repeatedly abused by people they're supposed to trust and they're supposed just to 'get on with it.'

This subject has touched a nerve of mine.......it can affect you and does, even if you don't know it, its just that some people manage it better than others.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Andy Woodward: ‘It was the softer, weaker boys he targeted’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... _clipboard

Piece in the guardian today, horrific story. Never heard of the paedophile scout and coach prior to this. Worrying he apparently had ties to our club. Doesn't make it any worse than him abusing boys at other clubs of course, just makes you wonder about what may have happened to some of the kids we saw playing for youth and academy teams over the years

that is one fucked up story. i would be waiting at the prison gates with a gun when that cunt gets released.

I'm sure I heard on the radio that Bennell was already "out of prison on license".
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:21 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Andy Woodward: ‘It was the softer, weaker boys he targeted’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... _clipboard

Piece in the guardian today, horrific story. Never heard of the paedophile scout and coach prior to this. Worrying he apparently had ties to our club. Doesn't make it any worse than him abusing boys at other clubs of course, just makes you wonder about what may have happened to some of the kids we saw playing for youth and academy teams over the years

that is one fucked up story. i would be waiting at the prison gates with a gun when that cunt gets released.

I'm sure I heard on the radio that Bennell was already "out of prison on license".

living under 'a new identity' in milton keynes apparently
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:03 am

aaron bond wrote:Nice to see a moderator setting an example for the board.

If you feel only one opinion should be allowed, I am sure northkoreancityfans.net will welcome you with open arms.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:13 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

This subject has touched a nerve of mine.......it can affect you and does, even if you don't know it, its just that some people manage it better than others.

That's what I'm trying to say Carl, although it seems beyond some. Aaron you probably haven't had much trauma in your young life - lucky you.

There's a whole mix of serious things in our lives that go toward our makeup - loss of close relatives, serious bullying, traumatic relationships, abusive parenting, police, nowadays rampant online bullying. All affect you and lots. As you say it's how people deal with it and it seems by nature they pick on those least able to deal with it.. Others would have just kicked him in the nuts and told every fucker - and these cunts know that. Some people kill themselves because of bullying - it seriously affects them. I didn't, though I was seriously bullied in my younger school days - it seemed everybody was then. Affect me? Of course - in a classic case I became a bully when older - which I am far from proud of - I think you spend the next 15 years subconsciously proving that no one can ever bully you.. But I think it's a superb life trick to always look forward, never look to things you can do nothing about, it's a great mechanism for anyone, though not easy to do. The exception is revenge, which is a great feeling - and can be applied in this case.

I see the coach in Paul Stewart's case is not named as there are legal proceedings.- presumably he's suing Blackpool? Get his name out there! How many youth coaches can there have been at Blackpool at that time?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:37 am

john@staustell wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

That's what I'm trying to say Carl, although it seems beyond some. Aaron you probably haven't had much trauma in your young life - lucky you.

There's a whole mix of serious things in our lives that go toward our makeup - loss of close relatives, serious bullying, traumatic relationships, abusive parenting, police, nowadays rampant online bullying. All affect you and lots. As you say it's how people deal with it and it seems by nature they pick on those least able to deal with it.. Others would have just kicked him in the nuts and told every fucker - and these cunts know that. Some people kill themselves because of bullying - it seriously affects them. I didn't, though I was seriously bullied in my younger school days - it seemed everybody was then. Affect me? Of course - in a classic case I became a bully when older - which I am far from proud of - I think you spend the next 15 years subconsciously proving that no one can ever bully you.. But I think it's a superb life trick to always look forward, never look to things you can do nothing about, it's a great mechanism for anyone, though not easy to do. The exception is revenge, which is a great feeling - and can be applied in this case.

I see the coach in Paul Stewart's case is not named as there are legal proceedings.- presumably he's suing Blackpool? Get his name out there! How many youth coaches can there have been at Blackpool at that time?

There's a lot of bitter truths in what you're saying there John.

Spot on.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:I see the coach in Paul Stewart's case is not named as there are legal proceedings.- presumably he's suing Blackpool? Get his name out there! How many youth coaches can there have been at Blackpool at that time?

Great idea - risk compromising the case, allowing it to collapse, and letting the guy get away scot-free.

Then, if he's found not guilty, maybe we can start a hate campaign against Paul Stewart, like people elsewhere did against the girl in the Ched Evans case.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:40 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I see the coach in Paul Stewart's case is not named as there are legal proceedings.- presumably he's suing Blackpool? Get his name out there! How many youth coaches can there have been at Blackpool at that time?

Great idea - risk compromising the case, allowing it to collapse, and letting the guy get away scot-free.

Then, if he's found not guilty, maybe we can start a hate campaign against Paul Stewart, like people elsewhere did against the girl in the Ched Evans case.

Nail on head.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:27 pm

mr_nool wrote:This is going in the direction of Ashton's "depression is for sissys" thread...

Still makes my blood boil, that.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:47 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

That last paragraph doesn't sit well with me. Actions have reactions. You accuse someone of rape and it comes out there's proof (messages) that it was a false claim and you were only after money - what the hell has that got to do with this case? As far as I'm aware there's no messages.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:14 pm

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

That last paragraph doesn't sit well with me. Actions have reactions. You accuse someone of rape and it comes out there's proof (messages) that it was a false claim and you were only after money - what the hell has that got to do with this case? As far as I'm aware there's no messages.

The thing is, that never did come out as proof. This started as a rumour, relating to 'new evidence' that would be presented in court. Turns out the new evidence was nothing of the sort. But some people still insist that this actually happened.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:21 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

The thing is, that never did come out as proof. This started as a rumour, relating to 'new evidence' that would be presented in court. Turns out the new evidence was nothing of the sort. But some people still insist that this actually happened.

Eh? People close to the case have said that there was a message. Who's told you that actually didn't happen?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:34 pm

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Eh? People close to the case have said that there was a message. Who's told you that actually didn't happen?

Was that message presented in court? No. Was there a rumour that 'people close to the case' said there was a message and it would be presented in the retrial on every football forum across the country? Yes.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:57 pm

You're argument is irrelevant anyway when there was enough evidence to prove she did make it up. So your original comment was bollocks.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Mase wrote:You're argument is irrelevant anyway when there was enough evidence to prove she did make it up. So your original comment was bollocks.

But she didn't. Evans didn't dispute anything that happened. He disputed the definition of what was actually rape.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Slim wrote:
Mase wrote:You're argument is irrelevant anyway when there was enough evidence to prove she did make it up. So your original comment was bollocks.

But she didn't. Evans didn't dispute anything that happened. He disputed the definition of what was actually rape.

Okay mate. Okay.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Slim wrote:

He actually disagreed with her evidence and argued that she actively participated and was very aware by asking for it harder. A complete contradiction of her original testimony.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:11 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:

He actually disagreed with her evidence and argued that she actively participated and was very aware by asking for it harder. A complete contradiction of her original testimony.

I am really sickened by this whole thing and definitely want away from this conversation as soon as possible. But I am not letting that stand as fact.

She claimed she had no memory of the night, from the crimeline file.

The complainant had no recollection of anything which took place after 3am. That extended to the fact that she and McDonald entered the hotel at 4.15am. The night porter described her as "extremely drunk". That reinforced the Crown's case based on the evidence of witnesses and the CCTV footage before she had arrived at the hotel. While en route to the room the porter heard her say to McDonald "You're not going to leave me, are you?" They entered a bedroom in which various sexual acts took place and eventually they had sexual intercourse.

And what's worse, after being convicted the onus is on him to prove innocence on appeal and he was cleared because "the jury found they could not be sure, beyond reasonable doubt, that the complainant did not consent, or that Evans thought she was not consenting."

Yep, no evidence at all ....except a rape conviction. Any doubt here should have resulted in the conviction standing, but fuck the legal system, he's a famous footballer. Thank god his missus had £50,000 to splash on buying evidence, or we may have never known the truth.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:44 am

Slim wrote:And what's worse, after being convicted the onus is on him to prove innocence on appeal and he was cleared because "the jury found they could not be sure, beyond reasonable doubt, that the complainant did not consent, or that Evans thought she was not consenting."

Yep, no evidence at all ....except a rape conviction. Any doubt here should have resulted in the conviction standing, but fuck the legal system, he's a famous footballer.

You're getting things confused here. An appeal isn't heard by a jury, a retrial is (he had both). He wasn't found innocent in the appeal, the conviction was quashed. The retrial was heard by a jury, where any reasonable doubt should have resulted in him being found not guilty.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum