safe standing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: safe standing

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:30 pm

Shakermaker90 wrote:Interesting piece on safe standing here from a British lad living in Russia, doesn't go into too much detail about the rules regarding SS over here, but gives a reasonable picture of the pluses of being able to stand

https://www.otbfootball.net/safe-standi ... -or-wrong/

Standing creates atmosphere - its a fuckign fact. We need to bring it back asap.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Shakermaker90 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Shakermaker90 wrote:Interesting piece on safe standing here from a British lad living in Russia, doesn't go into too much detail about the rules regarding SS over here, but gives a reasonable picture of the pluses of being able to stand

Standing creates atmosphere - its a fuckign fact. We need to bring it back asap.

I agree, I think it's something that is entirely manageable in this day and age, regardless of what the League say
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Shakermaker90 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I agree, I think it's something that is entirely manageable in this day and age, regardless of what the League say

The problem is that it would take a political decision to change current legislation to allow it - and politicians are risk averse.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Shakermaker90 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The problem is that it would take a political decision to change current legislation to allow it - and politicians are risk averse.

And yet they're all football fans when it suits them.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Shakermaker90 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

And yet they're all football fans when it suits them.

When there's votes in it for them, yeah. (Like Cameron and his West Ham/Villa faux pas)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Shakermaker90 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Shakermaker90 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Yeah true. Whilst it’s got to get past politicians, there’s little chance of change because some categories of society would consider it an unpopular decision
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum