But He Is Great With Ball at His Feet

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: But He Is Great With Ball at His Feet

Postby dazby » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Do you think he'll get worse, be the same or better as he adapts to the league?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby freshie » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:43 pm

dazby wrote:Do you think he'll get worse, be the same or better as he adapts to the league?

Yes
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:20 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Some of the passes Bravo makes are amazing. Me and Lee at the game were like Wow the other week with one he made to Fern against Everton. He is able to split lines and get us on the front foot very quickly.

I think he has done ok and is only getting a hard time due to people's love for Joe Hart. IMO he just needs a little bit of time and fans to stay off his back. I like what I see with him and think he will only get better.

I'll go with the former professional keeper view on Bravo.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Dub City wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Ever say anything positive? Even after a win you have a go. Whats the agenda?

Doesn't the topic say "He is great with ball"?

Come on now people. Credit where it's due but in terms of goalkeeping Bravo has been shite. End of.

Correct.

And actually when this was posted game was 1-1. But that is besides the point. He hasn't stopped anything from going in.

If he was some youngster I would give him benefit of doubt. But he is 33 and was brought in because he was apparently ready made for Pep's system and keeping goal. Which he isn't doing. Maybe there's something wrong with connections to Dublin though because all dubliners seems persistent that he is somehow anything vut complete disaster.

Didn't he stop Benteke's header yesterday? Or did that that only happen on Dublin connections?

No one has said he has been great but don't think he is been a disaster. Dropped a clanger at swamp and brain fart away to barce don't think any other goals been directly down to him. What keeper would you have signed instead that was available as a matter of interest ? Hart could not have played ball out with this system and had a massive weakness in getting down low to his left which was exposed time after time. Was a great servant to the club but it's sounds like people were down on Bravo because he replaced hart as much as anything he had done wrong. That's not aimed at NQDP

Who is it aimed at?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:10 pm

if he was playing for one of our rivals we'd be canning him...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:15 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:if he was playing for one of our rivals we'd be canning him...

Would we fuck, the type of goal he conceded on Saturday is the type De Gea consistently concedes yet half this board if not more are stuck up his arse.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Spurge » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:14 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Some of the passes Bravo makes are amazing. Me and Lee at the game were like Wow the other week with one he made to Fern against Everton. He is able to split lines and get us on the front foot very quickly.

I think he has done ok and is only getting a hard time due to people's love for Joe Hart. IMO he just needs a little bit of time and fans to stay off his back. I like what I see with him and think he will only get better.

And if Joe Corrigan says publicly that bravo is making too many errors what will you go with then?
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:20 pm

Spurge wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

And if Joe Corrigan says publicly that bravo is making too many errors what will you go with then?

Interesting.

Where did you see that Spurge and what exactly did he say ??

(Genuine question).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Spurge » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Spurge wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

Interesting.

(Genuine question).

Sorry mate to be clear its a 'what if' not something that JC has said (as far as I'm aware anyway). I'm picking up on the posters statement where he has gone with the opinion of an ex pro goalkeeper the inference being they will know best. Whilst that's fair enough I'm asking what the poster would do if another ex pro goalkeeper came out with the opposite view as I guess it would put him in a bit of a quandary
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:39 pm

Spurge wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Spurge wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

Interesting.

(Genuine question).

Sorry mate to be clear its a 'what if' not something that JC has said (as far as I'm aware anyway). I'm picking up on the posters statement where he has gone with the opinion of an ex pro goalkeeper the inference being they will know best. Whilst that's fair enough I'm asking what the poster would do if another ex pro goalkeeper came out with the opposite view as I guess it would put him in a bit of a quandary

Apologies for misinterpreting your post my friend.

Thanks for clarifying.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Spurge wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

Then Sis would have to fight Joe.
It's the only fair way to decide who would be right.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:25 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Spurge wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

Then Sis would have to fight Joe.
It's the only fair way to decide who would be right.

Honestly, why are people even asking? It's obvious this is how it will be settled.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:47 pm

Does this mean Wio, Mills, Owen etc opinions are now valid? Not saying sis us clueless like them, but they are ex pro footballers...
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Spurge » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Does this mean Wio, Mills, Owen etc opinions are now valid? Not saying sis us clueless like them, but they are ex pro footballers...

None of which are goalkeepers
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:36 pm

I think we are quite unsettled as a defensive unit and have been all season and this is not helping Bravo settle. I think there is added pressure on him as he has replaced a legend at city and I think he is getting a raw deal from quite a lot of fans because of this. I heard some ridiculous comments after Boro scored that he was at fault, utter nonsense. Some people will never ever give him a chance but he will have to live with that.

IMO if the back four becomes more settled so will he. The goal on Saturday comes from a Zabba error, Bravo will probably say himself he could maybe have done better but the blame IMO goes to Zabba for being weak as piss.

We urgently need a settled back line. Five clean sheets in fourteen is shocking but don't let people fool you and says it's all down to Bravo. It's a collective. Joe Hart would not be keeping clean sheets in this team.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:51 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Does this mean Wio, Mills, Owen etc opinions are now valid? Not saying sis us clueless like them, but they are ex pro footballers...

You beat me to it mate. Sis is talking sense because she's not a fuckin moron.
Most ex-pros talk absolute shit even though they've played he game - they still have agendas.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Shit goalkeepers though.

I reckon Sis would take the three of them together anyway.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Mase wrote:

You beat me to it mate. Sis is talking sense because she's not a fuckin moron.
Most ex-pros talk absolute shit even though they've played he game - they still have agendas.

I don't have an anti city agenda or told to read off a script.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:29 pm

Wow three proper anti City planks there looking for absolutely any tiny morsel to beat us with a stick .

Personally I think Bravo has done well overall so far , every keeper on this planet is prone to a clanger from time to time but as Sis has pointed out Bravo,s role is made more difficult playing behind an unsettled defence still learning a complicated system in a frenetic high tempo Premier League . This system has to work for Pep to be a success in England BUT the question is WILL the Premier League with the high press and high energy ALLOW it to happen and be perfected ? This is the REAL question imho !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:23 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Can someone please help me out here.

What specifically did he do wrong today? or what didn't he do right?

Genuine questions.

Anyone?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum