January Signings

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

January Signings

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:42 am

'What about if a player moves in the January transfer window?
A club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the knockout stage. Such registration must be completed by midnight CET on 2 February 2017.'

http://sportwitness.co.uk/green-light-given-stars-agent-fly-talks-manchester-city-transfer/

If we swap one Jesus for another we can still have another two new siginings. I think Nacho becomes eligible as club trained in January so that will provide a vacant spot for one of the the 17 free places. Either Yaya and Aleix Garcia could fill it of course or both could come in if Vinny is considered too risky.

What we really need, I think, is a new CB and a new LB - Van Dijk and Grimaldo?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: January Signings

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:54 am

Unless something has been tied up in advance over the last year by Txiki, we'd be pretty lucky to get quality players in January. You'd have to be pretty broke to sell, or out of every competition surely?

So I won't hold my breath.

Is Mido still out there? I see this morning 'Arry nearly got Suarez :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:12 am

johnny crossan wrote:'What about if a player moves in the January transfer window?
A club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the knockout stage. Such registration must be completed by midnight CET on 2 February 2017.'

http://sportwitness.co.uk/green-light-given-stars-agent-fly-talks-manchester-city-transfer/

If we swap one Jesus for another we can still have another two new siginings. I think Nacho becomes eligible as club trained in January so that will provide a vacant spot for one of the the 17 free places. Either Yaya and Aleix Garcia could fill it of course or both could come in if Vinny is considered too risky.

Jesus as in Navas? Why would we want to swap him out? hes a valuable squad player! Alos surely garcia is counted as homegrown.

We need to get yaya and Jesus into the squad so there is two, depending on injuries could be tricky to see who misses out. We also need to sign a defender in january whether they will be eligible for CL is another thing though...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:45 am

Dubciteh wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:'What about if a player moves in the January transfer window?

If we swap one Jesus for another we can still have another two new signings. I think Nacho becomes eligible as club trained in January so that will provide a vacant spot for one of the the 17 free places. Either Yaya and Aleix Garcia could fill it of course or both could come in if Vinny is considered too risky.

Jesus as in Navas? Why would we want to swap him out? hes a valuable squad player! Alos surely garcia is counted as homegrown.

We need to get yaya and Jesus into the squad so there is two, depending on injuries could be tricky to see who misses out. We also need to sign a defender in january whether they will be eligible for CL is another thing though...

Nope, Garcia is not eligible as club trained. You may remember Pep commenting about his distress when leaving Yaya and him out in September. Navas is destined to go back to Sevilla in the summer anyway - Sterling, Gabriel J, Nolito, Sane and Navas is too many wingers methinks.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:15 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

If we swap one Jesus for another we can still have another two new signings. I think Nacho becomes eligible as club trained in January so that will provide a vacant spot for one of the the 17 free places. Either Yaya and Aleix Garcia could fill it of course or both could come in if Vinny is considered too risky.

Nope, Garcia is not eligible as club trained. You may remember Pep commenting about his distress when leaving Yaya and him out in September. Navas is destined to go back to Sevilla in the summer anyway - Sterling, Gabriel J, Nolito, Sane and Navas is too many wingers methinks.

Agree with this. The rumour mill is gathering pace regarding Navas back to Spain. Also Garcia hasn't been here long enough to count as homegrown. Maybe next season or Jan 2018
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:26 am

Up to now we haven't done a lot in the January window, Its unlikely we will bring in two top defenders in January. Who was the last major January signing? Ed?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:38 am

sheblue wrote:Up to now we haven't done a lot in the January window, Its unlikely we will bring in two top defenders in January. Who was the last major January signing? Ed?

Bony ??........OK, I'll go and wash my mouth out :(
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:56 pm

john@staustell wrote:Unless something has been tied up in advance over the last year by Txiki, we'd be pretty lucky to get quality players in January.

There's also the cup-tied issue. So we won't be adding anyone who's played in the Champions' League, and can only sign a maximum of 1 player who's played in the Europa League.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby phips » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:17 pm

Grimaldo is cup tied. but if we really want him then i guess we'll accept that...but it won't affect the CL squad.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:54 pm

phips wrote:Grimaldo is cup tied. but if we really want him then i guess we'll accept that...but it won't affect the CL squad.

So the good news is that Van Dijk is OK to play.

(We've also been linked recently to Jorge at Flamengo, who would be eligible.)

Watch on youtube.com

Always look on the bright side of life dedum dedum..... :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Van Dijk would be fantastic. Probably the best CB in the league along with Toby A.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum