Rags poach 2 City scouts in academy revamp

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rags poach 2 City scouts in academy revamp

Postby The Maine Man » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Telegraph reports that the Candle holders and Scum are 'Refusing to play City because of the number of 'aggressive' scouts' . Or is it because they keep getting beaten soundly? In the last line they do refer to the recent 9-0 against Scum under 15s to be fair.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:58 pm

The Maine Man wrote:Telegraph reports that the Candle holders and Scum are 'Refusing to play City because of the number of 'aggressive' scouts' . Or is it because they keep getting beaten soundly? In the last line they do refer to the recent 9-0 against Scum under 15s to be fair.

Hilarious.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:06 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:Telegraph reports that the Candle holders and Scum are 'Refusing to play City because of the number of 'aggressive' scouts' . Or is it because they keep getting beaten soundly? In the last line they do refer to the recent 9-0 against Scum under 15s to be fair.

Hilarious.

and a baseless Mail slur story from last year I think

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ssive.html
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Kevin Horlock would have made a good 'agressive scout'. I believe he does sort of work in that general area
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:08 pm

johnny crossan wrote:here's Lyndon Tomlinson - the scum's new youth co-ordinator - watching the grass grow, he came to us in October 2014 with a Geordie law degree

and here's Dave Harrison, originally from Leeds Utd - a face you can trust

Dave's CV is pretty impressive

"Academy Scouting Manager -Manchester City Football Club
January 2009 – Present (7 years 11 months)
A well organised, hard-working and trustworthy team player with a can do attitude. Over 20 years of coaching and recruitment experience within academy football, working with over £32million worth of professional players. I am an excellent communicator, a team builder who leads by example and have confidence in my ability to make decisions and also work on my own initiative. I work well under pressure and have a flexible approach to the working week. I am confident in my ability to recognise and identify top professional, international talent and trust in my decision to recruit them. I have excellent knowledge on scout 7 and experience reporting on players from age 9 – senior level."

looks like he's been on the market for a while with his 'can do attitude'

Both 'highly regarded' at least by their mothers, whether Swamp Youth Supremo Nicky Butt will be impressed is another matter lol

With regard to this "can do" attitude, is he getting his 'inspiration', but not his spelling, from Kalman Kando, a 19th/20th century Hungarian engineer who worked on electric railway systems ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Traitors, often wondered what happened to them these days? It seems they get sent to work for that pile of vile.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum