Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:00 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Has Pep confirmed Bernie is done.

He might as well have -

You cannot just go with a “if a player isn’t happy he can go “ attitude.
They are contracted and sometimes you just have to fucking remind them of that, FFS !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Has Pep confirmed Bernie is done.

He might as well have -

You cannot just go with a “if a player isn’t happy he can go “ attitude.
They are contracted and sometimes you just have to fucking remind them of that, FFS !!!

For the noise around Ronaldo, it seems Bernie has kept quiet but wants out sadly Carl. No point in forcing him to stay 100 mill minimum or as you say suck it up buttercup. Once again late in the window, I hope we have a plan.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Outcast » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:32 pm

Dimples wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Why the fuck would Bernardí go to Barcelona ?
It has got to be for the life style as it’s 100% not for the ‘shitty’ wages on offer .

Pep has let Macatee go (or is about to ?) so we cannot let Bernardo go , period .

He’s 28 next week. He’ll be retiring in about 5-7 years and he can go live in any city wants. Travel the world. What a privileged position to be in. His Mrs wants to sit on her arse earning next to fuck all while he brings all the money in and she dictate where they live. I love Bern but you let someone treat you like that you’re a pathetic human.

It's called coercive controlling. Can you imagine if it's the other way around?

It is called a relationship :)
In theory both parties give and take, communicate and work out a compromise.
In reality, an unhappy woman is accompanied by extended periods in dry dock. The poker equivalent of a Royal Flush.
The laws of nature always have and always will prevail.

That's just a spin for saying her way or the high way ;)
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:29 pm

Mase wrote:
It has got to be for the life style as it’s 100% not for the ‘shitty’ wages on offer .

Pep has let Macatee go (or is about to ?) so we cannot let Bernardo go , period .

He’s 28 next week. He’ll be retiring in about 5-7 years and he can go live in any city wants. Travel the world. What a privileged position to be in. His Mrs wants to sit on her arse earning next to fuck all while he brings all the money in and she dictate where they live. I love Bern but you let someone treat you like that you’re a pathetic human.

Agree with the sentiment here. Its a very short career, and she must be a very shortsighted selfish person.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:39 pm

We are big players about time we showed it off the pitch. Barca Bernie rumours should have been dealt with a longtime ago. Levy fucked us off all last summer, learn from that FFS.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:12 pm

Outcast wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

It's called coercive controlling. Can you imagine if it's the other way around?

It is called a relationship :)
In theory both parties give and take, communicate and work out a compromise.
In reality, an unhappy woman is accompanied by extended periods in dry dock. The poker equivalent of a Royal Flush.
The laws of nature always have and always will prevail.

That's just a spin for saying her way or the high way ;)

He should fuck her off.

Pretty boy, loadsamoney, get a new one!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:17 am

Scatman wrote:An interesting theory RodneyRodney. What has led you to the idea that he's on his way?

Pure speculation ; no evidence ; but if something like this were on the cards , it would be kept ultra secret . . .
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:22 am

RodneyRodney wrote:
Scatman wrote:An interesting theory RodneyRodney. What has led you to the idea that he's on his way?

Pure speculation ; no evidence ; but if something like this were on the cards , it would be kept ultra secret . . .

. . . or maybe the reason is that CFG are planning (yet) another takeover - this time something seriously big . . . a large and historic club facing acute financial challenges , perhaps ?
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:11 am

Whys everyone crying about what pep said? I saw the quotes. Weird.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:15 am

I wonder how happy the dressing room is?

Three players have left permanently with a few surprises on loan as well. Normally winning pots makes players want to stay yet the three that have gone have gone where the chance of winning things is a lot less.

Is it because of the World Cup and in the case of Sterling and Jesus they want to be playing more? Is it the uncertainty of Peps contract situation? Or is it simply the time is right to move on?

Bernado himself hasn't really said much to quash the persistent rumours about him wanting to move either which you can take which way you want.

Pep is correct though in only wanting fully committed players. Maybe Bernado has indicated to Pep he is fully committed as the professional we know he is but if an opportunity arose he would wish to explore it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dimples » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:59 am

nottsblue wrote:I wonder how happy the dressing room is?

Three players have left permanently with a few surprises on loan as well. Normally winning pots makes players want to stay yet the three that have gone have gone where the chance of winning things is a lot less.

Is it because of the World Cup and in the case of Sterling and Jesus they want to be playing more? Is it the uncertainty of Peps contract situation? Or is it simply the time is right to move on?

Bernado himself hasn't really said much to quash the persistent rumours about him wanting to move either which you can take which way you want.

Pep is correct though in only wanting fully committed players. Maybe Bernado has indicated to Pep he is fully committed as the professional we know he is but if an opportunity arose he would wish to explore it

Nothing sinister. Have not seen anything negative from any player who has left. That shows respect for the club.
I guess it is a combination of the WC, City's playing standards, players wanting game time, ego, Pep's methods and the Club's stance on players leaving.

WC is a huge thing for most players and most need regular football to get on the plane.
Sterling: would not renew his contract, was being phased out, reckoned he is to good for that, moved onf or a good fee. He is happy, City are happy.
Gabby: two replacements signed and a WC year. Obvious he was surplus to requirements.
Zinch: squad player in a WC year. To good for that (maybe), moved to get playing time.
McAtee: signed a new deal with us and promised first team football. Only way he could get it was a loan move.
Bazunu: turned down £45K a week at 20. That is how good he is. Backed himself to breakthrough elsewhere and probably getting more than money.
Bernie: Wants to move for personal/lifestyle reasons i.e. his Missus. Not much you can do about that is she is in your ear everyday.

Flip side it means that City probably have one of the most settled bunch of players in the PL.
Potential signings know we are very unlikely to do a Levy/Kane and Brighton/Cucurella block on them moving on.
Last edited by Dimples on Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:00 pm

nottsblue wrote:I wonder how happy the dressing room is?

[i][i]
[/i][/i]

Perhaps Bernardo feels he doesn't need to quash rumours because they didn’t orginate from himself in first place.

In addition, you are correct that Pep has said on many occasion that if a player wants out he won't stop them, yet yesterday he said he 100% wants Bernardo to be a City player this season. I read that as he is staying but happy to let the press speculate over nothing.

I've only seen Bernardo linked barca who are fucked and can't sign him realistically anyway.

Thats just my take on it though.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:32 am

The Isco saga is over. Going to Sevilla on a free!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:44 am

Rags and scouse after Sane , oh please please take him. He's been a disaster at Bayern .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:27 pm

zuricity wrote:Rags and scouse after Sane , oh please please take him. He's been a disaster at Bayern .

I hope one of them are mad enough to take the lad .
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:11 pm

Kayky off on loan to a Portuguese side.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:49 pm

blues2win wrote:Kayky off on loan to a Portuguese side.

:lol: fuckin hell what is going on?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:54 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:Kayky off on loan to a Portuguese side.

:lol: fuckin hell what is going on?!

Pep wants to win the quadruple with an 11 man squad by the look of it
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:17 pm

If we sell Bernardo I think the most sensible target and what I could see is us make a huge 100m+ bid for the uber talented left footed wonderkid CB/LB Gvardiol from Leipzig, who Chelsea are also desperate to sign, so we could outflank and gazump them almost in revenge for Cucurella at the same time.

We do have a relationship with Leipzig from our Angelino dealings, so I'm gathering it's friendly enough.

I think any bid we make for Gvardiol could be more like a 120-130m range, no joke, because the word is any way to get him has to be way over the top, bit I am not against it as he's a rare player who also can fill multiple needs for us.

Bu that I mean not just LB and CB (also since Laporte may be out for a while). I also mean as a CM/CDM.

Like Pep has done with other players I can easily see how Gvardiol could also slot in as a 6-8 box to box type of player. He's got the technical ability, makes a lot of runs as a CB and LB, loves to cuts inside, works hard, and can tackle hard and has good anticipation.

Otherwise, we're relying on a lot of hope and none of the other LB options and ways to fill Bernardo's role are going to be easy to find.

We were looking at Ryan Gravenberch when we were looking at Phillips, but he wanted to start and now he's a Bayern player.

I can't quite tell who else is worth much investment.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:29 am

Rags in for Arnautovic.

Chortle
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun